Author Topic: Nintendo E3 Direct announcements  (Read 12648 times)

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Nintendo E3 Direct announcements
« on: June 15, 2021, 01:35:23 PM »
Here's a chronological overview of everything shown in today's E3 Direct. Anything y'all are excited about?

Western Directs
1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Fighters Pass 2, Character 5: Kazuya from Tekken. More info: June 28th.
2. Life Is Strange Collection. 2021.
3. Life Is Strange: True Colors. September 10th.
4. Guardians of the Galaxy CLOUD EDITION. October 26th.
5. Worms Rumble. June 23rd.
6. Dear Villagers. September 30th.
7. Two Point Campus. 2022
8. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania. October 5th. [collection?]
9. Mario Party Superstars. October 9th.
10. Metroid Dread. October 8th.
11. Just Dance 2022. November 4th.
12. Cruis'n Blast. Fall 2021.
13. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot + A New Power Awakens Set. September 24th.
14. Mario Golf: Super Rush. June 25th.
15. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. July 9th. / Demo June 25th.
16. WarioWare: Get It Together! September 10th.
17. Shin Megami Tensei V. November 12th.
18. Danganronpa Decadence. 2021. [4 game collection, also separate on eShop]
19. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water / Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water. 2021.
20. Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1. Today.
21. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2. June 25th.
22. Strange Brigade. Today.
23. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. 2022.
24. Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp. December 3rd.
25. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - Expansion Pass Wave 1: Pulse of the Ancients. June 18th.
26. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. July 16th.
27. Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda. November 12th. [Includes: Zelda 1, Zelda 2, GB Link's Awakening, Vermin]
28. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel. 2022.

Japanese Direct:
Note: more games were shown in this Direct, I've only listed the ones not present in ours. Keep in mind these release dates only apply to Japanese software launches.
29. Super Robot Wars 30th Anniversary. 2021.
30. Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights. June 22nd.
31. Caligula2. June 24th.
32. Legend of Mana. June 24th.
33. Samurai Warriors 5. June 24th.
34. Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 4th Heart. October 28th.
35. Worth Life. June 24th.
36. Pro Yakyuu Spirits R.
37. Mushihimesama. Today.
38. Espgaluda II. 2021.
39. DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu. 2021.
40. Hades. June 24th.
41. SKY: Children of the Light. June 30th.
42. Konami eBaseball 2021. July 8th.
43. Crayon Shin-Chan. July 15th.
44. NEO The World Ends With You. July 27th.
45. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. July 29th.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 08:03:28 PM by Discord.RSS »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo E3 Direct announcements
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 02:03:52 PM »
Anything y'all are excited about?
Metroid Dread. End of list.

I have no need for Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda. However, I’ll take eight because it’s neat. Not particularly excited about it, if that makes sense. I own multiple versions of each of those games.

The sequel to Breath of the Wild is too far away for me to care about right now.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 05:27:56 PM »
Metriod Dread is the biggest.  I'm also looking forward to Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania and Wario Ware.  Breath of the Wild 2 will be great but that's probably November 2022 at the earliest now.

I would say the fact a new Kirby wasn't shown makes me excited for the next game.  Star Allies was over 3 years ago so this is the longest we've gone without a new Kirby mainline game since Return to Dreamland came out.  So maybe HAL actually is working on a 3D Kirby this time.

Also the rumored Toyko EAD developed Donkey Kong that a lot of leakers have been talking about the last month wasn't shown either.  I wonder if that game is actually real or if this is another Star Fox Grand Prix situation.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 06:47:48 PM »
I really enjoyed this Direct. My expectations weren't low, but they were measured as Covid seriously affected the industry and development of games.

I loved Metroid Dread's announcement, despite thinking a new 2D Metroid was happening--it was still insanely cool to see. Mario Party Superstars looks like a blast. At first I thought when I saw the teaser image for the game, I went "oh, no, not a Switch port of Mario Party: The Top 100!", but this was so much more. I was excited to see Dragon Ball Z Kakarot arriving on the Switch. WarioWare was exciting, as was the long-awaited return of Advance Wars! Cruis'n Blast is supposedly a fun arcade racer, so I'm looking forward to that this fall and am beyond happy it's finally coming to the Switch.

Seeing Mario Golf: Super Rush in the Treehouse show was incredibly fun as well, as that's my most anticipated game still. Oh! Can't forget Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania, which I can't wait to get!

All in all, a great E3 show.

(There was also some Belda game at the end, but I've never heard of it.)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 07:30:13 PM »
With Metroid Dread, along with re-releases of Advance Wars and Super Monkey Ball, is anyone else feeling really old?  I can remember back when Metroid Dread was first whispered about.  I remember where I lived, the office I worked at, what this site looked like, and how I felt physically (less aches/pains, more hair).  I'm getting hit by this strange rush of nostalgia, which is funny because Metroid Dread is a new game.  My nostalgia isn't for it but for the time when news of that game first came out.

Nintendo could have called this new Metroid game something different since it has been so long but calling it specifically "Metroid Dread" makes it seem like such a huge deal.  Any serious Metroid fan knows about this game that got announced and had very little info revealed but was never completed, but now that loose thread is finally tied up.  In that sense it reminds me of Star Fox 2 finally getting a proper release.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 07:45:22 PM »
I really enjoyed the Metroid Dread reveal and subsequent development history video on the youtubez.  The game had been rumored to exist for so long, that it was especially nice to see that the game is using ideas from when they first attempted making the game.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 12:37:16 AM »
Surprisingly I was most excited for Advance Wars and Monkey Ball. I must really like my remakes.

Dread looks really nice. Looks great to have the king of a genre back in full force.

I was also rather interested in Mario Golf after seeing that preview. That and Mario Party will be on my shortlist of games to pick up later in the year for parties once we start having those again.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 08:44:47 AM »
1. Mario Party Superstars - I have played through everything in Super Mario Party enough so I am ready for a new game. Since i have not played the source material this will be all new to me.
2. Metroid Dread - I am most excited for this. Do we know who the developer is?
3. Mario Golf: Super Rush - It was good to hear they will be adding new courses and characters post launch.
4. WarioWare: Get It Together! - I hope this uses all the features of the joy-con but it did not appear that way from the trailer.
5. Shin Megami Tensei V. - I am more interested in this than before, but will wait for reviews.
6. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - Great game that I am glad others will play.
7. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. - I enjoyed the first but will wait for a price drop on this one
8. Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp. - I have not played these but enjoy Fire Emblem. Will probably wait on reviews.
9. Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda. - Day 1, hopefully it is easy to get like the Mario one.
10. SKY: Children of the Light  - Is this supposed to be free to start like the iOS version?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 12:08:07 PM »
Strange Brigade seemed like it could be a fun co-op game. Anyone else checking that out?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 12:08:53 PM »
Echoing the sentiments about this presentation feeling like an early 2000s flashback, what with the Monkey Ball/WarioWare/Advance Wars revivals. Initially I wasn't too hot on the Advance Wars graphics, but on second thought I think they'll do the trick. Perhaps if it does well they'll make a brand new one, but $60 feels high to launch this with.

Metroid Dread is the (obvious?) highlight in my opinion, instantly became my most anticipated project. SMT 5 also impressed me, but I will wait for reviews on that for sure.

2. Metroid Dread - I am most excited for this. Do we know who the developer is?
[...]
10. SKY: Children of the Light  - Is this supposed to be free to start like the iOS version?

MercurySteam's website confirms they are making Metroid Dread.
As for SKY, this article says it will be free-to-play with microtransactions on Switch. There are Zelda cosmetics scheduled for it this year, but the game is still just slated for Summer.

Strange Brigade seemed like it could be a fun co-op game. Anyone else checking that out?

This game gave me Lost Reavers flashbacks lol.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 02:03:42 PM »
2. Life Is Strange Collection. 2021.
3. Life Is Strange: True Colors. September 10th.
4. Guardians of the Galaxy CLOUD EDITION. October 26th.
7. Two Point Campus. 2022
9. Mario Party Superstars. October 9th.
10. Metroid Dread. October 8th.
11. Just Dance 2022. November 4th.
14. Mario Golf: Super Rush. June 25th.
15. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. July 9th. / Demo June 25th.
16. WarioWare: Get It Together! September 10th.
17. Shin Megami Tensei V. November 12th.
23. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. 2022.
27. Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda. November 12th. [Includes: Zelda 1, Zelda 2, GB Link's Awakening, Vermin]
28. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel. 2022.

These are the games high on my radar out of that Direct. Not to say some of the others don't interest me but I've got significant reservations still about otherwise interesting offerings like Advance Wars (I already have too many unfinished Advance Wars -likes in my backlog to invest in a pair of ports in a genre I'm not good at to begin with).

I will say that I wasn't sold on Mario Golf at ALL until the Treehouse gameplay demos, so kudos to Nintendo on selling me on that game finally.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.