Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 675139 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)
« Reply #2100 on: February 01, 2020, 01:21:50 AM »
That was embarrassing.

Damian Lillard scored eleventy billion points in the third quarter. Frank Vogel responded by playing Troy Daniels meaningful minutes. *slow clap*

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2101 on: February 01, 2020, 01:31:07 AM »
Few things from that game...  We were sloppy with passes and had too many turnovers, too many second chances, and nobody except for AD, LeBron, Kuzma and Bradley scored more than 10 points.  Also Whiteside and Lillard just went off. 30 points for Whiteside and 6 blocks. That can't happen.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: February 01, 2020, 09:27:08 AM »
Meh.. the Lakers game is kind of a write-off for long-term takeaways though. Not even "just another regular season game" because of the weird emotional aspects. That said, Whiteside going 13/14 from the field is a bit ridiculous given the size and talent LA has; you have to figure that isn't going to be repeatable going forward.

Speaking of how many players hit 10+ points, congrats to the Nuggets for a great win over the Bucks, where every Denver player who hit the floor scored at least 10!  Lots of assists, nine different players hitting double-digits, and a very well-played game.  Pretty cool.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 02, 2020, 09:49:47 AM »
Meh.. the Lakers game is kind of a write-off for long-term takeaways though. Not even "just another regular season game" because of the weird emotional aspects. That said, Whiteside going 13/14 from the field is a bit ridiculous given the size and talent LA has; you have to figure that isn't going to be repeatable going forward.
Granted, Lillard and Whiteside going off won’t always happen (Lillard is just eating teams alive out there lately, see Blazers vs Jazz last night). That game was full of the Lakers’ ongoing issues this season. They won’t always be able to flip the switch. Unless the Lakers land Collison and Iguodala, they’re going to repeatedly get exposed in the playoffs. They’re definitely contenders albeit still third (at best) as favorites though.
Speaking of how many players hit 10+ points, congrats to the Nuggets for a great win over the Bucks, where every Denver player who hit the floor scored at least 10!  Lots of assists, nine different players hitting double-digits, and a very well-played game.  Pretty cool.
That’s wild. When was the last time that happened? At the same time, if that is what a team has to do that to comfortably win against the Bucks, I’d love to be the Bucks right now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2104 on: February 04, 2020, 01:16:12 PM »
Well this is interesting...  Suns are in the process of trading for Luke Kennard from the Pistons. Suns are willing to give up Jevon Carter, Elle Okobo and their 2020 1st round pick.  This isn't a bad deal for both sides as the Suns need a scorer/ playmaker off the bench and they get that with Kennard. Carter and the 1st round pick is a decent young pair to shore up their starting/ backup point guard spot.   This draft is point guard heavy so the Pistons could get a really good point guard from the draft.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2105 on: February 04, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »
Looks like we have our participants for All-Star Saturday Night. Feb 15th at 8pm EST/5PM PST

Skills Challenge

• Bam Adebayo, Miami
• Patrick Beverley, LA
• Spencer Dinwiddie, Brooklyn
• Khris Middleton, Milwaukee
• Derrick Rose, Detroit
• Domantas Sabonis, Indiana
• Pascal Siakam, Toronto
• Jayson Tatum, Boston

3 Point Contest

• Davis Bertans, Washington
• Devonte' Graham, Charlotte
• Joe Harris, Brooklyn
• Buddy Hield, Sacramento
• Zach LaVine, Chicago
• Damian Lillard, Portland
• Duncan Robinson, Miami
• Trae Young, Atlanta

Dunk Contest

• Pat Connaughton, Milwaukee
• Aaron Gordon, Orlando
• Dwight Howard, Los Angeles
• Derrick Jones Jr., Miami

My predictions on winners.

Skills Challenge- Rose
3 Point Contest- Lillard
Dunk Contest- Howard

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: February 04, 2020, 09:41:31 PM »
Howard in the dunk contest over Gordon?  I don't know... not taking anything away from Howard, who has been pretty amazing in the past, Gordon is so ridiculously athletic that I'm expecting something jaw-dropping to be shown. His under both legs dunk still blows my mind.

(FWIW, I had heard rumors that Lavine was going to face off against Gordon in the dunk contest again, and was very excited. Their 2016 showdown was the best dunk-off I've ever seen, bar none. The actual lineup is totally fine, but I'm disappointed the world isn't being gifted that rematch.)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2107 on: February 05, 2020, 12:44:37 AM »
Looks like the first major trade has happened.  A 4 team trade. Here is where things stand as of now.

Rockets: Robert Covington, Jordan Bell, 2nd rd pick
Hawks: Capela, Nene
T-Wolves: Malik Beasley, Evan Turner, Juancho Hernangomez, Jarred Vanderbilt, Hawks 1st rd pick
Nuggets: Shabazz Napier, Gerald Green, Keita Bates Diop, Noah Vonleh, Rockets 1st rd pick
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:50:24 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 05, 2020, 09:24:54 AM »
Rockets gonna replace Capela w/...... Jordan Bell?

other than that, I'm not entirely sure how all the other trades really affect the other teams. Mostly because I've decided to work more and passively listen on the radio while driving, watch highlights after games and scores updates on my phone than actually watching games like last season.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 05, 2020, 09:53:31 AM »
The Rockets are 10-1 without Capella this season so I believe they think going extra small is the best path moving forward.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 05, 2020, 10:14:45 AM »
Listen I was about to lose my **** if the Warriors turned D'lo into a shittier version of Harrison Barnes.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2111 on: February 05, 2020, 04:50:52 PM »
The Rockets are 10-1 without Capella this season so I believe they think going extra small is the best path moving forward.

Looks like the Rockets are looking to the eastern conference for a starting center. 
Houston is speaking with two unnamed Eastern Conference teams, Iko reports, about a center. Additionally, the Rockets are willing to take on additional salary in exchange for assets in a trade.

Two unnamed eastern conference teams. Well there is 4 teams in the eastern conference come to mind for centers. Magic with Vucavic, Mo Bamba and Khem Birch. Wizards with Thomas Bryant and Ian Mahinmi, Pacers with Myles Turner, Sabonis and Goga Bitadze, Finally the Cavs with Tristan Thompson, Zizic and Kevin Love.    I am leaning towards the Wizards and Cavs are the two teams Houston is talking with since they are rebuilding and not making the playoffs.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2112 on: February 05, 2020, 05:58:51 PM »
So the Suns are fielding offers for Oubre Jr and he is making 15 million so he could be used to shore up the bench who as of today consist of Carter, Okobo, Lecque and Diallo.   There is a trade I came up with which would help the Suns in their bid to make the playoffs.   

Suns get Rose, Kennard and Wood from Detroit.
Pistons get Oubre Jr. 

If the Suns throw in Lecque they can also get Bruce Brown.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2113 on: February 05, 2020, 09:32:22 PM »
Ugh this loss was so painful because the Suns were down to 8 players and 2 two way players to go up against Detroit.  A good portion of the Pistons were injured as well so it was the starters against each other and whatever the bench could produce.  Drummond (31 points and 19 boards), Reggie Jackson(25 points) and Wood(21 points all came to play and the Suns lost 116-108

All the Suns starters logged 41 minutes aside from Rubio who played 35 minutes.  Oubre Jr had 30, Ayton had 26, Booker had 22, Bridges had 13 and Rubio had 4 points but had 11 assists. 

Suns need to make a trade for the future and I think the Wood and Kennard would be good moves. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2114 on: February 05, 2020, 10:35:03 PM »
So to branch off that 4 team trade the Hawks are regaining Dedmon for the backup center spot. Dedmond played for the Hawks last year and was productive for the Hawks.

Here is the deal.
Sacramento sends Dedmon and two second round picks(Rockets 2020) and (Heat 2021) to Atlanta for Alex Len and Jabari Parker. Those two are heading to Sacramento. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: February 05, 2020, 11:25:13 PM »
Ugh...I'm just done with this Jazz team. They're remarkably worse now that Conley's returned, regardless of his own stats, and they've become fond of chucking again.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2116 on: February 06, 2020, 01:50:16 AM »
Looks like the Warriors are moving on from Alec Burks and Glen Robinson III and sending them to the 76ers for 3 second round picks.  Those picks are Dallas 2020, Denver 2021 and Toronto 2022. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: February 06, 2020, 08:06:18 AM »
Yay!  Raptors manage to come back from a big deficit to keep their (franchise record) 12 game win streak alive!

Toronto is actually better this year than last if you look at record and point differential, despite dealing with far more injuries this time around. Not sure they will be able to carry this success over into the playoffs... but the CHAMPS are putting on a damn good show for their fans this year.

@broodwars:  Conley might be one of the most disappointing stories of the year. The fact that Utah has consistently been better without him still blows my mind, because I generally have a lot of respect for Conley's game... but everything just seems off when he's playing.  Overreaction?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2118 on: February 06, 2020, 01:10:58 PM »
Welp it looks like T-Wolves have won the trade deadline.

Golden State has agreed to trade D'Angelo Russell to Minnesota for a deal that includes Andrew Wiggins, a 2021 protected first-round pick and a 2021 second-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Warriors will send Jacob Evans and Omari Spellman to Timberwolves too.   https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1225480358860333056

Also yeah it works in the trade machine.  http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vool64w
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 01:32:04 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2119 on: February 06, 2020, 01:29:37 PM »
Houston gets Bruno Caboclo from Memphis who is a 6'9 and could very well be a small ball center. Memphis gets Jordan Bell. Both teams exchange 2nd round picks.   Memphis has the right to swap the least favorable of Dallas' and Miami's second-round picks in 2023 for Houston's second-round pick in 2023 -- as long as Houston's pick is not 31 or 32, league source tell ESPN.   

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1225482605761617925
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: February 06, 2020, 01:43:45 PM »
The Golden State/Minnesota trade looks good for both sides.  The fit just seems better for both players on their new respective teams.

What do Warriors fans think about getting Wiggins, who has shown potential but never really seemed to commit, and sits in an odd spot between "talented" and "bust"...?  In the right situation it seems like he could shine, and with multiple all-stars surrounding him the pressure should be relatively low.

I feel bad for anyone going into Minnesota though. The franchise has been bad for so long, despite getting some superb talent through repeated high draft picks. The cultural problems just run too deep for any one player to change.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2121 on: February 06, 2020, 01:47:08 PM »
Portland is trading Skal Labissiere and cash to Atlanta, league source tells ESPN.  Freeing up a roster spot?  https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1225488279816089601
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: February 06, 2020, 02:19:27 PM »
What do Warriors fans think about getting Wiggins...
Look no further than:
Listen I was about to lose my **** if the Warriors turned D'lo into a shittier version of Harrison Barnes.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: February 06, 2020, 02:29:07 PM »

But that's not a fair assessment - Wiggins is paid more, isn't he?    ;D

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2124 on: February 06, 2020, 02:31:10 PM »
Looks like Drummond is heading to the Cavs.  Detroit getting Brandon Knight, John Henson and a second-round pick form the Cavaliers for Andre Drummond, per sources. Second round pick would be the lesser of the Warriors and Cavs pick in 2023.
https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1225498913123291136
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 02:34:13 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss