« on: July 02, 2003, 04:10:46 AM »
Progressive Rock. Anyone into it?...
I'm too metal to have a signature...

Offline GCNMasterX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Prog
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 08:40:01 AM »
It's not too bad. I prefer alternative or grunge rock, personally.
Who loves Vanilla Coke?? I love vanilla coke!

Currently listening to:  Twisted Method, Staind, Adema, Disturbed

Prog
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 12:57:02 AM »
So you like? Who are your favourite prog bands?...

Offline M@ngosim64

• View Profile
Prog
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 04:49:14 PM »
Prog kicks ass!!! OK, in reality I'm mostly into "mainstream" prog (if there´s such a thing): Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Tool, Rick Wakeman, Radiohead´s OK Computer (OK, it´s not ALL prog, but it´s a damn good album coming from a damn good art-rock band) but I know some obscure bands: Latin America´s own Rata Blanca and Rhapsody (don´t know where those guys are from, though).
If it smells like sh*t and it looks like sh*t, it probably IS sh*t (the latest statement in aesthetic logic)!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Prog
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 04:53:33 PM »
Radiohead?  They're pretty good.  They're a bit too soft for my taste, but Paranoid Android is a great song.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline M@ngosim64

• View Profile
Prog
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 05:00:37 PM »
 You should try art-metal acts such as My Bloody Valentine. Also, Chino Moreno and company´s new sh*t has an artsy slant to it; after all, Chino´s favorite bands include Radiohead and The Cure.
If it smells like sh*t and it looks like sh*t, it probably IS sh*t (the latest statement in aesthetic logic)!

RE: Prog
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 04:19:39 AM »
Well I see you like Rick Wakeman, so are you into Yes? Yes are one of my favourite bands.
Some good old prog bands to check out would be Yes, King Crimson, Camel, Rush, Genesis, Jethro Tull. Some prog metal bands to check out would be Dream Theater (my favourite band), Fates Warning, Symphony X.

Anyway, PF and Radiohead are two bands I love also. I like Zeppelin and Tool, but I'm not into them as much as I used to be...

Offline M@ngosim64

• View Profile
Prog
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 04:39:07 AM »
King Crimson´s great!!! Genesis (that´s Collin´s former act, right?) and Jethro Tull I´m acquainted with, but I´ve only heard Rick Wakeman´s odd medieval concept album. The Who´s another great prog band, by the way. Some other good prog bands: Deep Purple and Rainbow.

RE: Prog
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 04:55:35 AM »
Genesis is Collins former act, but they were only good when he was the drummer and Peter Gabriel was up front.

The Who aren't a prog band though, despite the concpet albums they put out. Rick Wakeman is Yes' keyboardist by the way...

And I'm going to see Yes in September...

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
Prog
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 12:48:42 PM »
Rhapsody = power metal, f00.

So ... prog you say? Dream Theater's my favorite band also. But in the genre of Prog I also like Queenscryche, Stratovarius (power prog), Liquid Tension Experiment, Fates Warning, Green Carnation, Porcupine Tree (I consider the pre IA albums light prog), Opeth (prog with death vocs), Symphony X, and some other bands that I forget about right now
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Prog
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2003, 03:34:03 AM »
Well I'd consider Rhapsody Symphonic Metal actually, or how they put it on the "Symphony Of Enchanted Lands" cover, Symphonic Epic Hollywood Metal. But I love all the other bands you listed, especially Opeth and SymX...

Offline M@ngosim64

• View Profile
Prog
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2003, 10:55:32 AM »
 Question: Which band is considered to be the first prog rock act?