Author Topic: Your game of the Generation  (Read 10729 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Your game of the Generation
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »
The Netflix App on my Wii.

I find it difficult to pick any game in particular. The games I played the most are not games that I felt defined the generation for me. Animal Crossing City Folk, Monster Hunter Tri and Modern Warfare/Black Ops were all very high on my 'most played' list. I enjoyed those games immensely despite their flaws. This is most likely due to being multiplayer. The social aspect made them that much more enjoyable. No single game sticks in my mind so much as the unique gameplay experiences. Motion controls, pointer controls, touch controls, playing plastic instruments, these are what defined the generation for me.

So really, my idea of playing a game has broadened to include a plethora of experiences both solitary and communal. Everyone has different tastes, but the one game on this list I think everyone should experience is World of Goo. Boom Blox can get a runner's up acknowledgement.

Single Player Experience
1) World of Goo - Wii/PC
2) The World Ends With You - DS
3) Minecraft - PC
4) Civilization 4 - PC
5) Plants Vs Zombies - DS/PC

Multi Player Experience
1) Modern Warfare - Wii
2) Monster Hunter Tri - Wii
3) Boom Blox - Wii
4) Animal Crossing: City Folk - Wii
5) Rock Band 2 - Wii
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »
Journey.

Without question.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 08:44:31 PM »
THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

--Bureau of Internet Morality
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 07:58:56 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »
Guitar Hero: World Tour probably got more play out of my friends and I than any other game.  Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a good choice, as is Xenoblade.  Right now I'm all into Rocksmith 2014 but the game just came out so I have no real context for it.  It's merely the game I'm currently infatuated with.

I feel like there is still too many games I haven't played yet that I should.  I got Bioshock Infinite for Christmas and haven't had a chance to play it yet.  The gen ended not even two months ago.  Realistically we'll still get a few more PS3 and Xbox 360 games for a good year or so and some great game might sneak its way into it.  Frankly I only feel like I can just now look at the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox/GBA generation with a proper critical eye now that we're two generations removed and the hype and feelings of the moment have long died down.  It's too soon to make a good call about the previous gen.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 05:09:14 PM »
Xenoblade seems to be aiming for my choice but as much as I love that game that's how much I hate the whole chain attack system

I'm at the Xord fight where it just becomes extremely difficult to fill up the stupid meter because of him and his minions whittling down my health constantly and forcing me to use up parts of the meter I'm building for the chain attack to revive someone because if I don't have everyone alive I can't do a chain attack.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »
Xenoblade seems to be aiming for my choice but as much as I love that game that's how much I hate the whole chain attack system

I'm at the Xord fight where it just becomes extremely difficult to fill up the stupid meter because of him and his minions whittling down my health constantly and forcing me to use up parts of the meter I'm building for the chain attack to revive someone because if I don't have everyone alive I can't do a chain attack.

I'm sorry, but it sounds to me like you just suck at the game or need to do some leveling. Do some grinding and stop avoiding fights and you'll be fine. They way the difficulty is on Xenoblade is as long as you fight most if not all of the enemies that come your way, you'll never need to grind. You're the only person I've seen to have trouble with this fight, so you must be doing something wrong. Maybe switch to a different character besides Shulk?

And why would you name Xenoblade your game of the generation when you are hardly 20% through the game?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 07:56:39 PM »
Because it is just that good?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »
Yes, but how does he know if the game just jumps off a cliff past the point that he is at? I've played plenty of games that start off right and end up failing by the end of it. That's like giving the same award to a film you only saw 15 minutes of.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »
I said it seemed to be AIMING for my choice, i didn't say it had attained it. if you must know it wasn't that I was underleveled(unless you consider being around 2 levels above him underleveled), I switched to sharla and did fine. it's called I shouldn't have to do that. The chain attack system relies heavily on everyone staying alive. And there were two instances where I got it and wound up not being aimed at him when I used it and thus wasted it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:55:30 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 10:08:31 PM »
Whaaaat? XDDDDDDDD

You shouldn't have to change your main character and strategy for the game?!?!?! XDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDD

It's called a boss battle, dude. If you are finding that your characters are dying too quickly, use Sharla as a healer. Or change her strategy. You don't HAVE to play as Shulk. If what you are doing isn't working, try something else. Don't blame the system if you run into a little trouble early on. Like I said, you weren't doing good enough.

Come on.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 12:44:09 AM »
What the heck do you think I'm doing, getting her to play poker with the boss? I basically removed all non healing arts from her long before the fight. I just don't think having chain attacks tied to the same meter as your ability to revive other players and then putting you in a situation where you have to use said chain attacks to even be able to dent the guy while he sends an endless supply of enemies after me is a very is a very well thought out system.