Author Topic: What makes Zelda Great  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Andi 28

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« on: May 28, 2003, 07:41:39 AM »
Hi me personelly have only played one Zelda game and am just about a quater of the way through it, and i was wondering what anyone thought made

a) made a Zelda game good
b) in Wind Waker what is the one thing that jumps out at you and makes you think this is fcuking brilliant  
Andi McCluskey
Editor of www.101games.co.uk &
I am currently playing: Desert Storm, SSBM & Resi

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 11:39:37 AM »
a) Depth & scope of the adventure, including general interactivity with the entire game world.  And that "dun dun dunn dunnnnnnnn" sound that plays when you pickup shite.
b) How the scope of the game world and limitations (or lack of) on character and object physics were designed around the animation style.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
RE: What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 07:43:24 PM »
The way you start out in Zelda games as helpless little kid then eventually you become a great hero by the end of the game.

in WW the animations and reactions to nearly everything u can do.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 01:40:32 PM »
a)  The sense of adventure.  The sense of being an average kid who goes out and does great things.  The tight controls, and the atmosphere of the world.  It's really no one thing.  It's just a LOT of fun to play.  It feels rewarding.

b)  The sailing.  It was the open sea that really convinced me that Wind Waker was the best game I had ever played.  I could almost smell the salt in the air when playing it.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 02:22:18 PM »
1) I agree with Grey Ninja.

2) Just the sense of. . . freedom, I suppose.  The world was my oyster, and I did to it whatever you do to oysters.  Nevermind.  I don't know, it just seemed so great, and so pleasing just to be in that world.  Super Mario Sunshine did that to me, too, though in a different way.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2003, 12:31:37 PM »
1.  It's depth and gameplay features.  You have so much freedom in the game thanks to features such as the grappling hook and hookshot.  Its depth, especially the Wind Waker, sucks you into the Zelda world.  I still cannot believe how big is the Great Sea.  

2.  The ending.  The ending to the Wind Waker is the best ending I have seen ever.  The last boss fight up to when the words "The End" appears is all brilliantly done with a touch of polish.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2003, 01:53:16 PM »
a) polished gameplay, sense of adventure, draws you into the game. Every game is different
b) when u go in the castle and its black and white, and then turns all colourful.  

Offline Rymir

• View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2003, 02:26:11 PM »
I would say the plot in Zelda makes it a great series. I love all Zelda plots and the style of gameplay. I was originally drawn to Zelda in 1986 for its unique RPG elements, but nowdays I play the series for the plot, some people don't think plot is that important to me the plot and Boss fights are the main reasons I play the game, that and character interactions. These are the reasons I am a total Zelda addict and have all Zelda games, and I mean ALL.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2003, 10:29:37 PM »
To me, its just plain fun.  I can't help but smile while i'm playing any Zelda game.   Its great to be a hero in an epic of Zelda's magnitude.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Andi 28

• View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2003, 01:04:32 PM »
You might shack up with under age girls just don't tell anyone?
Andi McCluskey
Editor of www.101games.co.uk &
I am currently playing: Desert Storm, SSBM & Resi

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
What makes Zelda Great
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2003, 05:34:43 PM »
Responding to people's sigs is confusing, especially when you say something like that
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>