Author Topic: E3 2012 Press Conferences - Day 1: Microsoft, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sony  (Read 39421 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Yep, it's finally that time of the year again: Day 1 of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, June 4th 2012.  Once again, here is a suggested forum thread for discussing the day's press conferences (this year, Nintendo's will be put up later in the Nintendo console section of the forums).

E3 Press Conferences Schedule - Day 1:

Microsoft Press Conference9:30 AM - 11:00 AM PST
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM EST
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM GMT+1
TV Broadcast:
Yes - SpikeTV
Links:
GameTrailers, IGN, Giant Bomb, Gamespot

Electronic Arts Press Conference1:00 PM - 2:00 PM PST
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM GMT+1
TV Broadcast:
Yes - SpikeTV
Links:

Ubisoft Press Conference3:00 PM - 4:15 PM PST
6:00 PM - 7:15 PM EST
11:00 PM - 12:15 AM (Tuesday) GMT+1
TV Broadcast:
EDIT: NO
Links:

Sony Press Conference6:00 PM - 7:00 PM PST
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
2:00 AM (Tuesday) - 3:00 AM (Tuesday) GMT+1
TV Broadcast:
No, but you will be allegedly be able to watch
it from your Playstation 3's XMB (main menu).
Links:
UStream, GameTrailers, IGN, PlayStation Blog, Giant Bomb, Gamespot

Time Zone Converter

I'll try to keep the above schedule updated as pages I can actually link to go up.  Naturally, if you all find links I don't, feel free to post them and I'll update this post accordingly.

Now, everyone played nice last year in the associated threads, but let me just reiterate: we all want to watch the press conferences, and perhaps have some friendly chat along the way.  That includes the moderators as well, so remember that when you act like a jerk here you're also making it hard for them to watch the conferences.  So please behave yourselves, and we can all enjoy one of the biggest gaming news days of the year.

EDIT: Props to UncleBob for finding a format for that schedule that didn't cause the forums to flip-out.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:05:49 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
You realize I'm the only "moderator" right?  Since vudu is dead and everyone else is "staff", I can only assume that was a pot-shot at me...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
You realize I'm the only "moderator" right?  Since vudu is dead and everyone else is "staff", I can only assume that was a pot-shot at me...

I remembered you complaining a few years back when Pro and his cohort were being jerks because moderating their antics was keeping you from actually being able to enjoy the conferences.  It wasn't a pot shot, just a reminder to maybe some newcomers this year that you guys like to enjoy these things as well.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
lol.  I was just teasing, but I see how you meant that now. ;)

by the way, I'm tinkering with the format of your post now.  If you don't like it, we can revert it back.  Might take a minute or two.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
God, I'm useless with time conversions. Is there a countdown for these things anywhere?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
broodwars - let me know if that formatting is okay with you.  I still have your old post saved, so I can revert it.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
broodwars - let me know if that formatting is okay with you.  I still have your old post saved, so I can revert it.

Yep, works for me.  Much more readable.  :cool;

Dasmos, what time zone are you in?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yep, works for me.  Much more readable.  :cool;

Dasmos, what time zone are you in?

Yay.  SMF Table code sucks.  Doesn't know what COLSPAN is.

Anyway, I added a link to a handy Time Zone Converter that might help some folks. :D

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

As this is Nintendo World Report, might I request that you throw up additional timezones for the benefit of the European readership?

Here in the UK, we are on GMT+1, so...
Microsoft: 5:30pm
Electronic Arts: 9pm
Ubisoft: 11pm
Sony: 2am, Tuesday

It's gonna be a late one. If you are in Europe, add one or two hours on to those times (unless your country does not employ daylight savings time). You probably know what your timezone is, so you can work it out.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

As this is Nintendo World Report, might I request that you throw up additional timezones for the benefit of the European readership?

Sure, if folks want to put up their respective time zones (as you did), I'd be glad to add them to the list so long as it didn't mess up the formatting or make the list too huge.

EDIT: Added GMT+1 times to the list.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:23:00 AM by broodwars »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
I'm glad they are getting the boring stuff out of the way on Day 1. This means on Day 2 when its Nintendo's time to speak we will have a full day of awesomeness without any interruptions from stuff no one cares about.
is your sanity...

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
I'm glad they are getting the boring stuff out of the way on Day 1. This means on Day 2 when its Nintendo's time to speak we will have a full day of awesomeness without any interruptions from stuff no one cares about.

Now what did I say about playing nice?   ::)

I'm personally a bit disappointed that Konami could only be bothered to do a half hour video conference, considering their press conferences tend to be the most hilariously bad of any given year (ex. "Wan Millwion Twoops!", "EXTREEEEEEEME!!", etc.).  Well, if we're lucky maybe Ubisoft will come to the rescue with a repeat appearance by Mr. Caffeine.   ;)

I'm glad the conferences are broken up this way as well, though.  I only have to create one more topic for Nintendo, rather than another one as well for the Day 2 stragglers.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:31:54 AM by broodwars »

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
Hmm I'm most interested in the Sony conference, but it's the one I'll least likely be able to watch seeing as it'll start at 10:30 in the morning here and I have a buttload of stuff to get done tomorrow.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
The great thing about the E3 press conferences is that, no matter whether they are good or bad, they make such a spectacle out of it all that it's always interesting. If the presentation is great, you get swept up in what's happening, and if it is terrible, you get to laugh at the blunders and follies.

Anyway, I feel I should point out other streaming options. I know that in past years, some people (including me) have had problems with the feeds suddenly freezing. GameSpot and Giant Bomb also have streams should any of those options in the original post stop working for you.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Anyway, I feel I should point out other streaming options. I know that in past years, some people (including me) have had problems with the feeds suddenly freezing. GameSpot and Giant Bomb also have streams should any of those options in the original post stop working for you.

I've added those sites to the list, along with any streaming links that have already been brought online.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Microsoft Press Conference is starting now. I await the hilarity of yet another terrible Kinect-based Press Conference.

EDIT: *yawn* Halo 4.  I really don't understand the appeal of that franchise.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:33:57 PM by broodwars »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
That looks like Metroid Prime with Guns.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, except it looks less interesting.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I know this is Halo but I don't remember when I played a little of the first one it looking so very very much like Metroid Prime on the GCN.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, except it looks less interesting.
Yeah no jumping or lore entries.  Got to love the Lore entries.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Really wish the E3 speakers would practice the speeches to sound more natural then metered.

Also "With the return of Master Chief in Halo 4: Metroid Prime Other Story"

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
It looks like a straight-up Metroid Prime clone.

Also people should go in the chat room..

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
<Stilted>I have not seen a trailer like this before</stilted>

Really wish the E3 speakers would practice the speeches to sound more natural then metered.

Also "With the return of Master Chief in Halo 4: Metroid Prime Other Story"

That means I have to find it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
It looks like a straight-up Metroid Prime clone.

Also people should go in the chat room..
Won't let me in where I'm at.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Wow, Splinter Cell hasn't looked that generic in a while.  I like the return of the Mark & Execute system, though.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Not Interested.  Move on.