Author Topic: Your Favorite Summer Gaming Memory  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Morcant

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Your Favorite Summer Gaming Memory
« on: April 29, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »
Summer is quickly approaching (and it feels like it already in many areas.) Although I spent a lot of time playing outside as a kid in summers past there were also a lot of hours spent in dim air-conditioned basements with a controller in my hands and a cold soda within reach.

I think my favorite summer gaming memory came the summer after I graduated from high school. One of my friends was in the process of moving, but certain responsibilities (his summer job, for example) kept him in our town. The family of our mutual friend generously allowed him to stay at their home for the duration of the summer. Basically, they just handed their basement over to the three of us (I would often spend the night also) for a few months. It was the closest thing that any of us had ever had to having our own apartment. There was a air hockey table, two computers, a freezer full of otter pops, and of course a T.V. and an N64. It would be impossible to calculate how many hours we put in to multiplayer Perfect Dark and Super Smash Brothers that summer. We would even connect our computers over LAN and play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. I would find myself over there most evenings and many days, gaming from the afternoon into the wee hours of the morning.

Of course, that Summer was also significant because we all scattered to the four winds afterwards, to college and other places. It was like we were giving our childhood a proper send off.

What is your favorite Summer Gaming memory?
Redtusk (3DS Friend Code: 5370-1004-4080)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Summer Gaming Memory
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
I'm a little younger than most members here, but I still have good gaming memories nonetheless. Perhaps my favorite would be the summer of '06 where I spent about two months straight playing Kingdom Hearts II. I swear I gained like 30 pounds from sitting in the same spot for 15 hours a day, every day.

Offline Morcant

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »
Kingdom Hearts: a quintessential summer game. Something about Disney makes me think of summer.
Redtusk (3DS Friend Code: 5370-1004-4080)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
I have very few summer gaming memories and a ton of winter ones - I guess the warm weather encouraged me to get out more often.

However, I do fondly remember playing through The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past together with a friend on his SNES the year it came out.  We would get together regularly, carrying the SNES over to my house some of the time and playing it at his others.  Although the game seems fairly small now (when I know what to do and am used to much larger games), at the time it set the standard for incredible adventures and hidden secrets - even if highlighting every bomb-able wall was a disappointment.  Great game, great memories.
NNID: ejamer