Author Topic: Xenosaga for $26.99!!!  (Read 2723 times)

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Xenosaga for $26.99!!!
« on: May 08, 2003, 05:10:45 PM »
I went to Price Costco today and I was floored!
They had roughly 7 copies of Xenosaga for ONLY $26.99 each!
I hesitated because I have no money but in the end I purchased it with my parents money
(I'll have to pay them back later hehe)
anyways WOOHOO go to Price Costco and get your copy because they won't be around
for much longer...probably a few days

Game Informer gave Xenosaga a 9.75....I hope it's that good

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Xenosaga for $26.99!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 09:02:12 PM »
Christ.  I don't own a PS2, and am far too much a fanboy to buy one, but I would buy the game at that price.  That's insane.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Xenosaga for $26.99!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 04:06:22 AM »

I hope it's that good

It is.  And it's not so easy that you will breeze through the game (like Final Fantasy X).  If you aren't careful about how you play you will be handed your ass quite often.  I can't wait for Episode 2 to come out.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
Xenosaga for $26.99!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 05:32:34 AM »
It is a great game.  i remmeber seeign it at Sams Club at that price a few weeks ago.  It's insane how cheapthey are selling it for
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Xenosaga for $26.99!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 06:32:11 AM »
Yeah,

I bought mine used for that price :0.

I'm so-so about the game.  I'm near the end of it and I wonder why they even included the GEARS since they are almost worthless.  

For some reason the diffuculty lies the parameters--they just don't seem to stable IMO.  I have the highest ether D on Chaos and even special 20% to all ether damage skill yet he still takes nearly twice the damage as my other characters who are weaker.  What's up with that.  And no, I understand about the "poweramps" with the turns too.  It's strange and pretty annoying.

The plot is alright but there's to much "bore" dialog to go along with the good, humor is limited to maybe one or two scenes out of 100's (namely just the captain cuts IMO).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Xenosaga for $26.99!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 02:32:21 PM »
I was a huge fan of Xenogears, so I really really want to play Xenosaga.  I have heard nothing really good about the game, but I want to play it and judge for myself regardless.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
Xenosaga for $26.99!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 03:27:09 PM »
onyl bad things i ever heard abotu Xenosaga were references to the cut scenes.  But in the end, they are no more than the amount of text scenes in Xenogears.  It's pretty equal to what you saw in xenogears.
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"