Author Topic: Bands  (Read 35771 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2003, 03:54:17 PM »
StrikerObi: If you really like Less Than Jake, I seriously think you'd love Pain. They're a LOT like Less Than Jake, except, in my opinion, better (don't worry about that, though- I've never heard a band I like even one hundreth as much as Pain ). I really think you'd like them, though- all their songs are lighthearted romps through some pretty twisted and comical stories.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline shaun29388

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Bands
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2003, 05:07:08 PM »
I'm probably in the minority here, but my favorite band of all time is Lifehouse.  I think they're awesome.  I know they're most well-known for Hanging by a Moment, but they have other kick@$$ songs too.  I was wondering if any of you had the new album Stanley Climbfall, if so, what songs do you like?  If not, then GO BUY IT!  
It's not that I enjoy bragging on myself.  It's just the one thing I'm good at.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2003, 02:18:52 AM »
yay GROUP X!!!!!
pewsh owf baesh!!!! www.geocities.com/clan_fanforced/piacsplaylist.html <--- youl see i have quite a few Group X mp3s, i saw the famous Mario Twins flash eons ago, forgot about it, then about a year and a bit ago we rediscovered it, and well the obsession started there

group x manerisms are part of my every day language... you baesh

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2003, 02:36:43 AM »
Group X was the inspiration for one of the greatest Flash animations ever, too! Yay! Go Mario Twins!

"Wow, that's good"

"SHUTUP, I GOT IT, YOU DON'T"

"Shatup"

"Got game"

"WHAT GAME?! I WANT TO PLAY IT!"

"It's called Mario Twins!"

=D

*Goes back to attempting to sign into MSN*

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2003, 03:32:57 AM »
shaun: Lifehouse is pretty cool. My sister bought one of their CD's a while back and proceeded to blast the entire thing over and over again for a few weeks, so I'm still a bit sick of their music, but they are a really good band.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Praxius

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2003, 06:18:45 AM »
The Tea Party, TooL, NIN, Incubus, Disturbed, Neil young, Black Sabbath, Edwin and the Pressure, I Mother Earth, Ozzy Osbourne, and a bounch of other stuff.
*Exit The Prax*

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2003, 09:13:21 AM »
crass.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2003, 02:14:47 PM »
Man, I'm realy liking Reel Big Fish now, too- I'm really loving ska no despite Pain's lead singer, Dan, claiming to dislike the genre no matter how much their own music resembles it (he claims they're not ska).

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2003, 02:41:54 PM »
yeah ska is my favorite genre check out some older stuff by the specials / madness, both top top bands in my opinion

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2003, 03:46:39 PM »
If you like ska, you'll love Pain, seriously. Like I said, their lead singer, Dan, claims they aren't ska and that he doesn't even really like ska, but I find it's the best description for them if you had to use one- I mean, afterall, they do have several great trumpet players, an *excellent* saxaphone player (as is evident in their song Julie Said Futz), and a superb trombone player, on top of the guitar and bass and keyboard. I've said this before, but I seriously do not like any band even one hundredth as much as Pain, except for probabyl At the Drive-In. Great songs of theirs include Full Speed Ahead, Jabberjaw, Goggins, and The Comeback.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2003, 12:11:39 AM »
Reel Big Fish are over-rated, particularly with their most recent album. I got it, listened to it a bit, and haven't picked it up in over 6 months.
As for Pain, I am a huge LTJ fan, so they'd have to be pretty good to score big in my books. But i guess everyone's got to have their personal faves.
Speaking of trashing bands, here's an Aussie one - John Butler Trio. Ugh. Thoughts?

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Bands
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2003, 09:31:39 AM »
LTJ's new ablum "anthem." is out TODAY! I got mine in the mail. It's farking awesome. It's AT LEAST as good as Hello Rockview (my fav LTJ album), possibly better.

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2003, 08:37:57 AM »
I'm more into the heavy metal bands like mudavyne,Demon hunter, and livivng sacrafice.  But I enjoy linkin park and some classic rock like led zepplin.
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2003, 12:16:15 PM »
Striker: Of the stuff I've heard, Hello Rockview has the best songs (I absolutely love Nervous in the Alley and Last One Out of Liberty City). I saw the album at Best Buy, but I was already getting the Futurama DVD and couldn't afford it.

"As for Pain, I am a huge LTJ fan, so they'd have to be pretty good to score big in my books."

Lemme tell you something- before I heard Pain I ONLY listened to classical music. I mean that quite seriously. I was a Beatles fan but I only listened to their stuff when my parents put on their CD or something. When I heard the Jabberjaw music video on Cartoon Network, I was mesmerized. O_O I've branched out into many genres of music, but Pain is still by FAR my favorite band, with At the Drive-In being second (although they have a completely different style of music). You can read reviews of some of Pain's CDs on Amazon.com- you'll only find ringing endorsements, though. When you hear Pain you either love them or hate them- considering you a ska fan, I think you'll love them (I have a friend who's a big LTJ and Reel Big Fish fan and is almost as big a Pain fanatic as I am now).

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2003, 01:07:58 PM »
I love Hello Rockview, too. I might as well check out Anthem if you say it is that good.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2003, 02:49:10 PM »
I noticed that no one has posted anything about pop music. Is that just really bad (like most of us think) or has it just run it's course since the days of N*Sync and the B Boys? They don't really play alot of it on the radio anymore.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2003, 02:50:41 PM »
I don't like nor do I have any respect for pop, rap, and country- the worst 3 genres of music in my opinion.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2003, 04:25:33 PM »
Exactly: Pop artists get other people to write music for them, so i guess we can't call the artists. Rappers get some synthesized instruments going in the backgroung while they talk really fast so that no one can understand that they aren't saying anything worth listening to. and Country, well it's country...
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline The_Danaconda

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2003, 01:17:16 AM »
Been listening to some Fintroll lately..heehee.  Most of the bands you're talking about suck...and they suck a lot.  I especially hate Punk Rawk.  It's super duper mega-man crap.  Truth is...if you truly like metal..you'll never hear it on the radio.  Everything on the radio is complete and utter crap...if someone turns on the radio while in the car I usually start having seizures from the bullshit that's assaulting my ears.  Sometimes I attack the person who turned it on (leading to 4 car pileups every now and then)...but if it's something TRULY horrible (mudvayne..creed..eminem..etc.) then I open the door and dive headfirst into the pavement..sometimes onto oncoming traffic.  Anyone who has the internet should NEVER have the excuse to listen to the radio..shame on you who do.  And anyone who thinks I'm wrong..well..they're idiots, and don't deserve to have children.  You should all be ashamed of yourselves..but don't worry..send me $30 and an apology and I might find it in my heart to forgive you of your musical sins.

-The Danaconda

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2003, 02:11:33 AM »
yay super duper mega flame bait
i enjoy my ecleptic (sp?) taste, i like something from almost every genre

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2003, 11:57:41 AM »
Linkin Park, Evanescence, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, and one of my favorites, Tenacious D.
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline One of a Kind

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2003, 04:26:30 PM »
I listen to all kinds of music, but my favorite bands are Metallica, Iron Maiden, Tea Party, Nickelback, Megadeth, Aerosmith, 3 Doors Down, and Gun's n' Roses(only the stuff with Slash,Duff, and Izzy)  
"The fear I See When I Look In Your Eyes. Makes You Believe I'm One of a Kind"

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2003, 10:57:56 AM »
don't be dissin rap
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2003, 12:15:46 PM »
Hahaha- I think I mentioned here I'd be going to Warped Tour in Wichita, KS (since I live in a suburb of Wichita) mainly to see The Ataris, but I just found out Less Than Jake, Poison the Well, and The Used will also be at that show. Very nice.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2003, 03:37:05 PM »
OMG the danaconda insulted me LET ME GO CRY RIGHT NOW! I get the feeling danaconda is guilty of setting his am/fm radio on fire ala CKY2k...