Author Topic: E3 2010 Day 2 - Nintendo Press Conference Thread  (Read 43404 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
E3 2010 Day 2 - Nintendo Press Conference Thread
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »
I know this thread is early, but I thought I'd get this prepared for tomorrow so I'm not rushing to get it done in the morning.  Yes, tomorrow, June 15th, is the day we've all been waiting for: Nintendo's E3 2010 Press Conference, slated to run for 2 hours starting at 12:00 PM EST (9:00 AM PST).

12:00 PM EST - Nintendo Press Conference

Live Streams:

Gametrailers - http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/nintendo

Nintendo's Streaming Site: http://e3.nintendo.com/

I'll update this post with other Live Streams as they are posted here.  Looking forward to the discussion as we catch our first glimpses of gaming's future.   :D   Here's hoping we have a great show, or at least one dramatically better than the Microsoft and Ubisoft ones we saw today.  ;)

USE THE NWR CHAT:  http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/chat.cfm
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:35:27 AM by vudu »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: E3 2010 Day 2 - Nintendo Press Conference Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »
http://e3.nintendo.com
Thats probably where I am going to be during the conference.Otherwise in one of the chatrooms. If I can't get those working I will be in this thread.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »

Reggie says to watch Nintendo's own live stream...
http://e3.nintendo.com/
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
Original Post updated to add Nintendo's Streaming Link.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »
Woohoo! I will be on for sure after Portugal plays tomorrow. I hope they win.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 10:59:13 PM »
This is the most excited I have been for a Nintendo Conference in awhile!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 11:00:11 PM »
I will be writing an exam on mathematical methods, at 1:30 est...  Is there any site that will host a recording of the conference, after the fact?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 11:01:48 PM »
I will be writing an exam on mathematical methods, at 1:30 est...  Is there any site that will host a recording of the conference, after the fact?

If Gametrailers' coverage of the 3 conferences today is any indication, you'll be able to watch Nintendo's conference from the link I provided.  They seem to be using the Live Stream screens as their archival pages as well.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 11:57:34 PM »
Why is this in General Gaming and not Nintendo Console Discussion?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »
The other threads of this type are here, and I think it makes more sense to keep them together.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »
The other threads of this type are here, and I think it makes more sense to keep them together.

Exactly.  Originally, I had all the Press Conferences in one thread, but a moderator requested I split them up to avoid confusion.  So 1 became 3: 1 for Microsoft, EA, and Ubisoft; 1 for Nintendo; and 1 for Sony.  It just made sense to keep the three in the same area, especially since the main Nintendo Discussion section is going to be flooded with new topics.

Besides, if the Nintendo Press Conference has Wii and handheld news, it wouldn't make sense to put the thread in "Nintendo Console Discussion" now would it?   ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:05:23 AM by broodwars »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 12:06:27 AM »
We need to consolidate chats.  Between the forums, the chatango, the IRC and the AIM/MSN chats, Twitter and my cell, I'm too spread out.

Tomorrow, we need to try to consolidate so that I can focus on the actual press conference...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 12:07:37 AM »
Does anyone remember this?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blogArt.cfm?artid=20170

Supposedly Charles Martinet did voicework for a new Mario game that isn't New Super Mario Brothers Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2. Might there me a new Mario game at the show? If the voicework was already done way back in October then the game must've been near the end of the development cycle. This makes me wonder if there could be a Mario game ready for the launch of the 3DS, but I'm hoping it is for Wii.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 12:08:29 AM »
We need to consolidate chats.  Between the forums, the chatango, the IRC and the AIM/MSN chats, Twitter and my cell, I'm too spread out.

Tomorrow, we need to try to consolidate so that I can focus on the actual press conference...

Like I said, these threads originally were consolidated, and I only split them up because I was asked to by a moderator.   :-\

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 12:11:02 AM »
Does anyone remember this?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blogArt.cfm?artid=20170

Supposedly Charles Martinet did voicework for a new Mario game that isn't New Super Mario Brothers Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2. Might there me a new Mario game at the show? If the voicework was already done way back in October then the game must've been near the end of the development cycle. This makes me wonder if there could be a Mario game ready for the launch of the 3DS, but I'm hoping it is for Wii.

I'm not feeling another main-line Mario game in the Wii's lifecycle, so maybe it was for a Mario Sports-type title?  Now, a 3DS Mario title is very much possible.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 12:12:12 AM »

Like I said, these threads originally were consolidated, and I only split them up because I was asked to by a moderator.   :-\

I'm not concerned about the other press conferences - I'm just worried about the lack of coherent "meeting" space for the Nintendo conference. ;)

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »

I'm not concerned about the other press conferences - I'm just worried about the lack of coherent "meeting" space for the Nintendo conference. ;)

Then consolidate the Chat Rooms.  We certainly have enough of them, but only one forum thread.   :P:

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 12:19:24 AM »
I'm not feeling another main-line Mario game in the Wii's lifecycle, so maybe it was for a Mario Sports-type title?
That's actually what I'm hoping for. I enjoy the spin-offs more than the main games. I've put more time into Mario Super Sluggers than I have Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and New Super Mario Brothers Wii combined.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 12:21:07 AM »
I'm not feeling another main-line Mario game in the Wii's lifecycle, so maybe it was for a Mario Sports-type title?
That's actually what I'm hoping for. I enjoy the spin-offs more than the main games. I've put more time into Mario Super Sluggers than I have Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and New Super Mario Brothers Wii combined.

That's the thing with games like the main-Mario games - You play them once and you're generally done.  The spin-offs, you play over and over again.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 12:32:00 AM »
I just felt an earthquake. Reggie must be giving us a sign of things to come.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 12:57:18 AM »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 02:03:43 AM »
He's a TERRORIST!

No - he's here to bring us fun.
He's a Funnerist.