Author Topic: PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) - previously known as NGP  (Read 265834 times)

Offline elviacannon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) - previously known as NGP
« Reply #1100 on: April 02, 2012, 05:41:10 AM »
i goona buy it but not sure about the battery time of it. as it load of power underneath that 5-inch OLED hood.
[/size]and how well [/color][/size] [/color][/size]3G-connected.[/color]

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 04, 2012, 10:22:45 PM »
I think watching Major League just now may have sold me a Vita and a copy of MLB The Show.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1102 on: April 04, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »
Why would a 23 year old movie make you want to buy a PS Vita?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 04, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
The movie got me excited for baseball season, which made me want to buy a baseball game. I spend most of my time these days with handheld systems, and no one has seen fit to make a baseball game (sim, at least) for the 3DS, and I was already somewhat interested in a Vita anyway.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 04, 2012, 11:59:36 PM »
No baseball game could ever be better than the real thing. Summer is coming up, so why waste it playing video games? Get out there and play ball!
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 05, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »
I don't have 17 other people and all the necessary equipment with which to play it anywhere near regularly.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 05, 2012, 11:44:11 AM »
Hello folks, so I just got a Vita at the weekend because I had a lot of trade-in credit at a UK store and they dropped their pre owned price by ÂŁ25 on Saturday.

So far I like the screen, the Dpad and the PSN offers on old PSP games. But in just about every other respect I prefer my 3DS. To the point where I found myself subconsciously reaching to the side of the console to adjust the 3D slider!

The main thing is that I much prefer the circle sliders to the Vita analog sticks. I was amazed when I played my old PSP mini of Pacman CE on the Vita at just how badly the analog sticks fair. They are actually worse then the old PSP nub for this game. Same goes for Whose That Flying (which if you haven't check out, please do. It is awesome. Apart from the IOS version). I never thought anything could be worse then the nub!

Also, the back touch pad is stupid, worst control input since the number key pads on the Atari Jaguar & Intellivision. To easy to touch by mistake, to in accurate to be useful.

Lastly, the Uncharted demo gave me a nostalgic feeling for the early days of the DS when devs shoe horned in questionable touch inputs just because they could.

So what do I intend to play on this beast? Easy: Tactics Ogre and Super Stardust Delta. Yay!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 26, 2012, 07:47:59 PM »
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/05/25/jet-set-radio-coming-to-ps-vita/
SEGA have just let us know that Dreamcast favourite Jet Set Radio will – in addition to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC – be coming to the PS Vita.

It’ll be an “updated” version, according to the press release, with HD visuals and touch functionality for the graffiti spraying mechanic.

Who wants to bet that this won't be announced for Wii U @ E3?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 26, 2012, 07:57:15 PM »
Who wants to bet that this won't be announced for Wii U @ E3?

Who wants to bet that certain people will bitch about each and every game (no matter how minor) they don't get on Wii U and disregard how many they do::)   Let's see how developers react to the Wii U once Nintendo actually gives people a reason to buy it.

As for Jet Set Radio, "whatever."  I didn't own a Dreamcast and it's a game about graffiti-tagging skateboarders, so this game really doesn't interest me.  Considering how many people didn't own a Dreamcast, I doubt the game will sell all that spectacularly now, either.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:03:09 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 26, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »
Yes, that a game a lot of people want to see resurrected is actually coming to Vita (OMG the VITA is getting a game!?), when previously we only knew it to be coming to XBLA and possibly PSN.

and it was rumored that a JSR game was being made for Wii U and Vita a while back but was cancelled when Sega was having some restructuring issues. This is better than nothing.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg725544#msg725544

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: May 26, 2012, 08:46:52 PM »
I hope the other Dreamcast ports come to Vita too.

J.P. Corbran

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 26, 2012, 08:49:38 PM »
I hope the other Dreamcast ports come to Vita too.

Eh, Skies of Arcadia Legends on Vita & PS3 would be pretty sweet and I'd enjoy playing Crazy Taxi again if it had the original soundtrack (the current PSN version doesn't), but that's really all Sega put out on the Dreamcast/GCN that interests me on modern systems.  And I imagine that Skies of Arcadia Legends is probably destined to be a Virtual Console title at some point, so it's not that big a deal if it doesn't.  Besides, I still have my GameCube version.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:51:30 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 26, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »
I would certainly buy the Shenmue games, and the soundtrack doesn't bother me in Crazy Taxi on 360. And maybe it's just nostalgia (and it almost certainly is), I still enjoy Sonic Adventure.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 27, 2012, 12:34:44 AM »
Was really enjoying Skies of Arcadia on the DC back in the day but eventually the random encounter rate turned me off.
Sega sure has a ton of great game properties in cold storage. Number 1 I would love to see make a comeback: Panzer Dragoon. Seriously just pimp out the existing games with HD graphics and some online modes, do what ya gotta do to bring that great series back at a reasonable budget.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 27, 2012, 12:38:07 AM »
With all the Dreamcast games and Radiant Silvergun showing up on XBLA, I wouldn't be surprised if the Panzer Dragoon games end up there as well. In fact, if I were doing E3 predictions for the other systems, an announcement of that would probably make it onto my list as a reasonably likely flier.

J.P. Corbran