Poll

Well?

Before the Mayan apocalypse.
0 (0%)
2013. Maybe.
4 (28.6%)
PS4 Launch Game
2 (14.3%)
Simultaneously released with the next Duke Nukem game in a bizarre cross promotion.
5 (35.7%)
Give it up, bro. It's vapor-ware
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: POLL: When is The Last Guardian going to ship?  (Read 4058 times)

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
POLL: When is The Last Guardian going to ship?
« on: May 24, 2012, 02:47:29 AM »
I'd be shocked if it comes out this year. All the reports about it in the last year have been bad. Hopefully I'm proven wrong in two weeks.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: When is The Last Guardian going to ship?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
When is the last time that studio released content?  Good or bad, won't they have to release something before long just to keep revenue coming in? I'm not sure that the remastered Ico/Shadow Collection on PS3 is enough, unless Sony doesn't mind spending money without any return for another couple of years in anticipation of a hit...
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »
It should be renamed The Last Guardian: Forever now.  I think it has earned that title.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »
I think next console generation.  Either that or tail end of PS3's life cycle. 

I nearly forgot about it's existence until recently.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 02:53:33 PM »
With it not appearing at this year's E3, I am starting to really think that this game won't ever see the light of day. Which is a downright shame. I haven't played Shadow of the Colossus BUT I have played Ico, and I adored it.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 06:13:47 PM »
doesn't team Ico usually take forever to complete games anyways? their games are usually very good so i'm fine with them taking their time. I wouldn't be suprised it if was the PS3's swan song like God of war 2 was for the Ps2.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
With it not appearing at this year's E3, I am starting to really think that this game won't ever see the light of day. Which is a downright shame. I haven't played Shadow of the Colossus BUT I have played Ico, and I adored it.

Well, if you like the ****ty Team Ico game, you'll probably adore Shadow of the Colossus (which I also have a lot of issues with, but it is a much better game).  I'm surprised you haven't played it already.

As for The Last Guardian, I was pretty excited for this game until I played Ico for the first time in the HD Collection.  Now, I'm really having a hard time giving a damn whether it comes out or not, and the way this game keeps getting delayed I have my doubts it's going to release at all.  I think the massive media crush on Team Ico is the only thing keeping this project from getting canceled, but at best it's going to be a 2013 title.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 01:07:34 AM »
With it not appearing at this year's E3, I am starting to really think that this game won't ever see the light of day.

Is that confirmed?

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »
With it not appearing at this year's E3, I am starting to really think that this game won't ever see the light of day.

Is that confirmed?

After some searching, there was a tweet from someone at Sony that says "The Last Guardian continues to be developed, however we have no news to share at this time with regard to the franchise and E3." So, definitely not a concrete "no," but it's looking incredibly slim that we'll see it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »

NEVAH!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »

Is that confirmed?

After some searching, there was a tweet from someone at Sony that says "The Last Guardian continues to be developed, however we have no news to share at this time with regard to the franchise and E3." So, definitely not a concrete "no," but it's looking incredibly slim that we'll see it.

That sounds suspiciously like one of Nintendo's "we have no plans" statements, where if you really pay attention it's not actually saying anything at all.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent