Author Topic: ***SPOILER*** Confused on ending...  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Zschokke24

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
***SPOILER*** Confused on ending...
« on: April 22, 2003, 09:05:18 AM »
Alright after the credits and all that it shows Links leaving again with Aryll/Zelda and the pirates, where r they going exactly and y didnt they include what happened when Link got back to outset island?
" A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Chipopo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 09:15:29 AM »
You didn't pay attention to the climax all that well did you?

Aryll is not going with Link and the pirates.  I think you're thinking of Tetra.  Aryll is Links sister.  

Link and Tetra/Zelda are going to find the 'new Hyrule', a land that will be prosperous and bountiful.

Why don't they show what happens when Link gets back to Outset?  Ummm, because he's already been to Outset moer then a few times.  As far as the people on Outset know, nothing has really changed.  
It's hard to be religious when certain individuals aren't incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 12:45:40 PM »
Not really the "New Hyrule", just searching for adventure and land, I think.  The king clearly stated Hyrule was dead.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 02:57:12 PM »
yea... i kinda wonder how they'll do the next game in the zelda timeline.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 03:15:11 PM »
The ending screamed direct sequel, but I'm not complaining if it holds true
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline temjin11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 08:32:51 PM »
I think it's good they left the ending open in this game, cause, hey, it doesnt happen in too many games.  its just "mission accomplished, go home party and clean up the house ive not been to in months."  it just doesnt happen.

but they left a good opening for a new quest.

But I didnt catch this: was ganondorf's intentions good or bad?  
If we could only look at things we could afford we'd all be looking at crap.

Except video games...

Offline zumpiez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 12:52:34 AM »

Originally posted by: temjin11
I think it's good they left the ending open in this game, cause, hey, it doesnt happen in too many games.  its just "mission accomplished, go home party and clean up the house ive not been to in months."  it just doesnt happen.

but they left a good opening for a new quest.

But I didnt catch this: was ganondorf's intentions good or bad?

Good for him, bad for everyone else
Zelda > *

Offline The Old Beane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 04:49:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Not really the "New Hyrule", just searching for adventure and land, I think.  The king clearly stated Hyrule was dead.

Just cause the King says it, doesn't mean it has to be true. He is just so hung up on his Hyrule, that he thinks that it just won't be the same. Thats all. There is nothing stopping them from naming the new land they find Hyrule.
The Old Beane

100% Psycho
May contain traces of nut.

Offline Slavefive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2003, 05:30:47 PM »
Maybe I'm thinking too much about it.....first of all, i really liked the dramatic and kinda graphic ending.  I mean, Link stuck that sword right in Ganon's head.  That's some graphic stuff, and not "kiddie" at all.  Now, as for the story part of it.  My first thought was this "well, if OoT/MM are the first games in the series and WW is a direct follow up, then what about all of the other Zelda games that should therefore take place after these games.......they all took place in Hyrule (except the GB games, that is)."  

Seriously, this game just took a big dump on any kind of chronology other than the direct link between OoT and WW.  I kind of gave up on trying to figure out the timeline, i'm just gonna enjoy the next game...and the next....and the next.
I like videogames.  I like them a lot.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 03:22:56 PM »
I want my sword back.

No stoned fat-guy's gonna keep me from getting the cutlery that's rightfully mine!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 03:41:13 PM »
The main thing, Old Beane, is that I think Nintendo wants to head in a new direction with Zelda.  Besides, I doubt Tetra and Link would deny the death wish of a king.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline The Old Beane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 04:17:11 PM »
That may be, and is possible, that Nintendo wants to head in another direction. But if there is no Hyrule, then the other games won't exist, especially if WW comes before the other games.

And it wasn't a death wish, he didn't say "I don't want you to call the next land Hyrule", he just said that the next land won't be Hyrule, as in it just won't be the same. Very subjective, the king.

It may not even be Link and Tetra that makes the new Hyrule. They may find new land, but it may not be Hyrule. I personally think that WW left lots of openings for the sequels. First, Link and Tetra find a new Hyrule. The Great Deku Tree might bring the land together as one, like he said, making that the new Hyrule. Also, the water might get drained out somehow, revealing the ruins of the old hyrule, then they'll work on its restoration...ya never know...Nintendo/Shiggy will come up with something, no doubt
The Old Beane

100% Psycho
May contain traces of nut.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2003, 04:37:25 PM »
Guess what?  Do you think the Master Sword is gone for good too?  Obviously somewhere in the future for the Zelda timeline is where Ganondorf is revived(don't ask me how) and he brings Hyrule back up...Otherwise we wouldn't have Hyrule in LttP, etc.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2003, 11:38:06 AM »
LttP can very well come before all the other games.  There is no defined timeline.

As for the Master Sword, as soon as Ganondorf turned to stone I could see some future Link going down into a subteranean cave and pulling it from his head.  And a friend of mine suggested you'd have to fight him a bit to get it, though that seems unlikely to me.  But the master sword may not come back, but even if it does, Ganon does not necessarily have to.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2003, 11:45:32 AM »
It will be interesting to see how they tie up the ends between the WW and LttP...obviously somewhere in there Ganondorf will be resurrected and he will get all the triforce pieces(ala LttP) making Hyrule rise back up...it WILL happen, you can count on it

Offline Whichone

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2003, 06:40:12 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who knew what was happening at the very end. Link and Zelda set sail for a new land, perhaps to start their own "Hyrule".  Probably going past the islands and out to far sea. That's what I got from it.

It's probably safe to assume that this is the latest chapter in the Zelda timeline for obvious reasons. There are many sequels to this. They could forget Ganon and move on to a worse guy, probably not. Or they could have Zelda and Link find "New Hyrule" and start thier own kingdom thing, then skip a few generations from there to make the game, OR they could leave Ganon in the picture. Im guessing if Ganon is revived it will be because someone pulls the sword out of his head. After all it was the key that locked his powers at the start, it might be the key that locks him in death, or stone. Its important to know that since Ganon DOES NOT have the triforce of power anymore he can be killed. You can bet that the Original Hyrule is not out of the picture either. It's kind of odd that the last thing Ganon chose to say what about the wind blowing, and then he laughs. Maybe his ?ressurection? could have something to do with that...