Author Topic: Tim Shaffer + Jack Black + Rock N' Roll  (Read 2194 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Tim Shaffer + Jack Black + Rock N' Roll
« on: October 14, 2007, 02:50:32 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/11/tim-schafers-brutal-legend-lands-on-game-informer-cover/

I'm excited. Too bad it'll probably get ignored by everyone just like Psychonauts was.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.†- Richard M. Nixon

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Brütal Legend = Tim Schafer + Jack Black + Rock N' Roll
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »
Naw, this will definitely get much more exposure than Psychonauts, especially with Jack Black attached to it.

That almost guarantees advertising of some sort.

Plus, there's a small resurgence of heavy metal, at least in the gamer crowd, thanks to things like Korgoth and Dethklok.

Tim Shafer is a genius.  That is all there is to it.

Also: Pssst.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 07:42:46 PM »
I'm not gonna go out on a limb and say that this game would sell really well if it were on the Wii, but I will say that a Psychonauts port would.
But this new game looks really good from the pics that I've seen, and if I had a 360 or a PS3 I would definitely buy this.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »
I weep that this studio isn't working on the Wii... *weeps* ... wait a sec, I haven't played any of the games... hmm.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Shaffer + Jack Black + Rock N' Roll
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »
I got this game for my PS3 recently. It is only $9 on Amazon and I highly recommend it, so if you have a 360 or PS3 and can afford to spend $9 on a game then you should get it...

I was having a great time and was planning on getting the Platinum trophy but then I got hit by a game killing bug which wrecked my save and now I have to start over if I want to get all the trophies.  :-X The bug only applies to the PS3 version and it seems to have something to do with getting the DLC while you're in the middle of a game, and somehow that corrupts your save or something... so that sucks.

Double Fine made a patch to fix this problem, but EA refuses to publish the patch. I hate EA and I hope they burn in hell.  :@

I also read that Double Fine was working on a sequel to this game but EA pulled the plug on it.  :@
is your sanity...