Author Topic: Do You Regret trading in your NES?  (Read 7731 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Do You Regret trading in your NES?
« on: April 14, 2003, 01:09:23 PM »
I've always thought about trading in my nes. But I can't, it's the OG... it's my baby. And besides if you trade it in it's only about equal to 1 maybe 2 games. So my question is this do you miss your old NES?
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 03:09:51 PM »
I still have my original NES stored in the attic. It's really not worth much at all maybe $10-15 max? The sentimental value of it is worth more than that. I'd rather keep it and give it to my kids when Im older.

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 03:32:20 PM »
I too still have my NES.  And Smithy, you'd be suprised how much they're worth.  I've seen them in gamestop's for $45.  But i wouldn't trade my NES in for the world.

Edit: I just checked the gamestop.com website, and they sell NES's for $60.
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing

Offline NickNiteQ93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 03:32:31 PM »
mine doesn't even work, but I do play my SNES every now and then.  talk about nostalgia.  I had never played Link to the Past, and low and behold, Babbages was selling SNES and NES carts out the ass.  Had plenty of LttP and Super Metroid.  Couldn't get metroid, tho
I think, therefore I wish.  I wish, therefore I'll never get.          

Life is long and hard, so rock out with your cock out.

Nobody is perfect. I am Nobody. Therefore I am perfect.

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 04:58:03 PM »
Man, I don't think I could ever get rid of my NES or any other old system.  Sounds stupid, but each one represents a different time in my life.  Its like a photo album, only I'm not in any of the pictures, lo.

Offline Frozen-Solid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 06:12:29 PM »
Get rid of your NES? ARE YOU FARKING MAD??!?!

I still have mine, needless to say, and guess what? It's a TOPLOADER.  /me huggles it

I also have an original Fairchild Channel F (I pity the fool who has never heard of it, it's a year older then atari btw)

Offline Smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 06:37:46 PM »

Originally posted by: Ace
I too still have my NES.  And Smithy, you'd be suprised how much they're worth.  I've seen them in gamestop's for $45.  But i wouldn't trade my NES in for the world.

Never knew they were sold for so much. I know they are cheap on e-bay...but lots of stuff is cheap on e-bay. I guess you could get decent trade in value on it, even though I'd never do it. Now, I'd like to have the newer top loader like frozen-solid has. I hear thats rare to find and even worth more than a regular NES.

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 07:59:16 AM »
you should check buy-rite.com.  Although they do have it in stock, you're gonna pay an arm just to get it.  The price comes in at $145. For 25 bucks less than that, you could get a Game Axe .  The Game Axe was a portable NES made by an unknown company.  The system is also backlit and comes with a convertyer

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2003, 07:59:17 AM »
you should check buy-rite.com.  Although they do have it in stock, you're gonna pay an arm just to get it.  The price comes in at $145. For 25 bucks less than that, you could get a Game Axe .  The Game Axe was a portable NES made by an unknown company.  The system is also backlit and comes with a convertyer

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2003, 07:59:18 AM »

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2003, 07:59:19 AM »

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2003, 08:00:01 AM »

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2003, 10:23:12 AM »

Originally posted by: Frozen-Solid
Get rid of your NES? ARE YOU FARKING MAD??!?!

I still have mine, needless to say, and guess what? It's a TOPLOADER.  /me huggles it

I also have an original Fairchild Channel F (I pity the fool who has never heard of it, it's a year older then atari btw)

I have a toploading NES too, it's great I love it. Isn't it worth much more than the original NES or something? What's the deal?

Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2003, 02:39:59 PM »
_This multiple post thing always happens to me_

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2003, 02:40:06 PM »
Advanced Gamer, the reason the NES version 2 is worth more is because it was made in a small production amount to stimulate sales after the SNES was released.  Same thing with the SNES version 2.  Every Nintendo system does it in one form or another.  The N64 had the "Funtastic" colors near the end, the game boy became the game boy pocket, the game boy pocket had limited edition colors, and the game boy advance has the SP.

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2003, 02:40:10 PM »
Advanced Gamer, the reason the NES version 2 is worth more is because it was made in a small production amount to stimulate sales after the SNES was released.  Same thing with the SNES version 2.  Every Nintendo system does it in one form or another.  The N64 had the "Funtastic" colors near the end, the game boy became the game boy pocket, the game boy pocket had limited edition colors, and the game boy advance has the SP.

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2003, 02:40:13 PM »

Offline Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2003, 02:41:04 PM »

Offline Clonester

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2003, 04:32:53 PM »
Hey Ace, I had that multiple post problem too. Check out my multiple post topic in the PGC Discussion to find out how to get rid of it.
Most Favourite Game Of All Time: Chrono Trigger

Nick Frizzell- Gamecube Heaven Preview Writer
www.gamecubeheaven.tk

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2003, 07:06:29 PM »
I CANT FIND MINE!!!! I THOUGHT I HAD TWO!!! and i did at one point...so i sold my other one to my girlfriends little brother. and now i cant find the other one!!! it really pisses me off...if i dont find it some one will mysteriously not have an nes.  
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Sir Kero

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2003, 09:43:59 PM »
I have three, but I think only one works (darn that front loading design. It's all NOA's fault). they cost so much because people do regret traidng theirs in, or never getting one in the first place. Oh yeah, or because that demmed front loading mechanism wore out. (moving parts = bad)

I personally regret never getting a power glove, or a Superscope, or ROB.
I love weird accessories, is there some kind of therapy for that?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2003, 04:29:55 AM »
i never had a nes :'( but i did have a snes, and a few years after i sold it i wanted it back BIG TIME, and well, now i hvae one again ^_^ oh happy day (except my 64 has died =\)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2003, 02:09:32 PM »
I still have mine, but lord knows where.  But I can get it when I want it.  I'd never trade it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>