Author Topic: Another XBox price cut in the UK  (Read 2007 times)

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Another XBox price cut in the UK
« on: April 10, 2003, 12:05:20 PM »
From Computerandvideogames.com.

After another €50 drop, it's now €199.99 (or £129.99), which is the same as the GameCube's (official) European price.

It's obviously in response to European retailers forcing Nintendo's hand and giving the GameCube it's first price cut since it's launch (it did have one before the launch though), and seeing GameCube sales leap out ahead of even the PS2.

It's really a far cry from the XBox's €480 (£300) launch price. And it comes with free stuff too.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 02:11:49 PM »
I really can't say I'm surprised.  XBox hasn't sold very well anywhere overseas.  However, I think this will end up just costing Microsoft more.  They already lose alot on their systems and I can't see this helping their cause.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 03:28:02 PM »
Who told you that? On occassion Xbox has sold out ps2 for total weeks sales in some countries in Europe. I believe the UK being one of them. This sounds more like a competitive move then a desperation move if thats what your implying.