Author Topic: Yu Suzuki no longer with SEGA and SEGA will never consider making consoles again  (Read 9921 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
What NIN album has sucked? I think we can all agree that With Teeth was a little tamer than expected, but that's about as bad as it has gotten. Year Zero was absolutely great and The Slip was certainly good enough.

Perhaps suck wasn't the right word.  How about disappointing? Nothing Trent's done in the past decade have been as good as The Downward Spiral or The Fragile.  It's kind of funny how Trent's best work since 2000 has been on Niggy Tardust.

I agree that Year Zero is a step up from With Teeth.  And, while I enjoy The Slip, it's certainly uneven; plus short--only seven "real" songs, and one is so quiet you can't even hear it unless you're surrounded by total silence.

Personally, I found Year Zero to be very exciting. It took on a vastly different approach lyrically, omitting the usual "failed relationship" stuff that has always been such a focal point in the past. Furthermore, it didn't entirely sound like any other NIN album and certainly didn't sound too similar to any other band's material.

I can see how The Slip might feel uneven. It being short certainly doesn't mean much however, as Broken wasn't any longer yet ended up being a great album regardless. Also, there are plenty of places throughout The Fragile that may or may not be real songs, and can often times become rather quiet. If anything, it was worth the free download and probably worth $10 for a physical copy.

I think that Reznor has stayed pretty true to his style over the years without it feeling as rehashed as many "artists" do after only two or three albums. Besides, his push toward creating an open-source music industry is great and goes to show that he's not just trying to make money off of radio singles. I do have a hard time seeing Ghosts and The Slip as real or full albums however and can't wait for the next truly major release. With no record contracts to tie him down nowadays, it's hard to tell what's to come.

Perhaps suck wasn't the right word.

Nope pretty sure suck was the right word.

Someone must have a soft spot for Top 20 radio...
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
A new Wii Beach Spikers would be greatly appreciated, and be more profitable then the first two Shenmoogle games combined.

Wii Beach Spikers would be massive win, though Shenmue 3 would be as well.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
wtf, can't anyody with a good business sense run Sega...if you have fans APPEAL to them! I with they made hiroshi yamuchi take over, he's not doing anything! He is the Riches man in Japan!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Morari

• View Profile
I never played Beach Spikers...

I wouldn't mind a new Virtua Tennis. Sega Sports Tennis 2K2 was great.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Beach Spikers was like Mario Tennis adapted to volleyball, ie. they got things right THE FIRST TIME.  It was a great 2-on-2 multiplayer venue prior to the release of Mario Power Tennis.

Virtua Tennis took like 3 games to become functionally refined.

It also doesn't hurt that Beach Spikers had a decent create-a-character mode and was available within the first year of the GameCube's life.  Just wish it was one of those franches that got updated every generation.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
With Itagaki having left Tecmo and Suzuki doing seemingly nothing I think it's pretty damn obvious what should happen!

Dead or Alive boobies + Beack Spikers gameplay = perhaps the greatest game of all time.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
Except those Dead or Alive boobies are disgustingly over sized.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
They're not oversized.  Soul Calibur is oversized.  Plus DOA's boobs are improperly placed on the torso (too high), have improper physics, and the nipples are poorly designed.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Wow, and to think that at one point Sega was my favorite game company by far.  Now they absolutely suck.  Peter Moore is long gone, Sonic games are hot garbage, damn...how the once-mighty have fallen.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog