Author Topic: Toki Tori Coming to WiiWare  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Toki Tori Coming to WiiWare
« on: April 13, 2008, 07:00:11 PM »
The Gameboy Color classic from Two Tribes gets a remake for the launch of WiiWare.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15743

Toki Tori was a well received, but fairly unknown, Gameboy Color game from 2001. Developer Two Tribes is taking advantage of Nintendo’s WiiWare service to revive this sleeper hit.    

The title will feature new content along with a new look and a brand new control scheme, leveraging the features of the Wii Remote. Players will be able to take use of ten tools and weapons across sixty levels to find lost eggs in this puzzle-platformer.    

Toki Tori is set to release May 12 in the US alongside the WiiWare service. Information on pricing has not been revealed.    

Two Tribes Announces Toki Tori For WiiWare    

HARDERWIJK, The Netherlands, April 10th 2008    

Two Tribes, the Dutch game developer behind “Worms: Open Warfare 2“ for Nintendo DS, today announces the imminent release of Toki Tori for Nintendo Wii. The game is to be made available through the upcoming WiiWare downloadable game service.    

Toki Tori for Nintendo Wii marks the entry of Two Tribes into the world of home-console games. Based on the critically acclaimed Game Boy Color game, this update improves the original on every front. Sporting a new look, updated content and a completely overhauled Wii Remote control scheme, the game offers players of all ages a classic gaming experience while making the most out of Nintendo's Wii console.    

The gameplay in Toki Tori is a blend of two genres. While it looks like a platform game, it's a puzzle game by heart. Players will have to look and plan ahead carefully while using a variety of items, such as the Telewarp, Freeze-o-Matic and InstantRock™ to name but a few.    

Toki Tori will be made available through Nintendo's WiiWare service, which is scheduled to launch on the 12th of May in the USA. Availability in Europe and Australia will depend on the roll-out of WiiWare in those territories.    

More information about "Toki Tori" for WiiWare can be found at: http://www.twotribes.com/tokitori and http://www.tokitori.com

Check out PixlBit!

Offline Bartman3010

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Toki Tori Coming to WiiWare
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:22:29 PM »
This was one of the Game Boy Color games Capcom published back in the day, alongside Shantae. Its a nice little platformer and in my opinion, one of the best looking Game Boy Color games, though I did get stuck fairly late in the game, its quite tough.

I'm looking foward to this one, even though it seems to be a remake rather than a sequel of sorts...
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:16:52 AM »
I never owned a GameBoy Color... but I DO own a Wii!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 12:30:23 PM »
I love me some puzzle games. I'll definitely be picking this up.
Check out PixlBit!