Author Topic: Pro Logic question  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Armadillo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Pro Logic question
« on: March 27, 2003, 11:30:02 AM »
i bought a surround system which supports Pro Logic I, however when playin my Gamecube games that support Pro Logic II, I really can't tell that its surround. Do I need a Pro Logic II receiver to get this or just turn up the back speakers more?

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Pro Logic question
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 11:54:32 AM »
Just turn the back speakers up more.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Hotlavaaaa

• View Profile
Pro Logic question
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 11:08:35 AM »
Pro Logic I sends the same signal to both rear speakers so it wont be true surround, but im not sure thats the problem. Try turning up the volume on the rear speakers.

Offline spork

• View Profile
Pro Logic question
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 08:10:40 PM »
I'm thinking of picking up some new speakers since I'm sick of listening to Metroid Prime through my TV's ones. Will I get the most out of my Gamecube with these ( Logitech Z-680 )?. In other words will Pro Logic II work properly if I connect to my Cube? Cheers!  

Offline FireInside

• View Profile
Pro Logic question
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2003, 08:02:25 AM »
Armadillo under the game you are playing make sure to change the option under sound....also what system did you get?

spork it looks like it will work it supports pro loginc dts and all that good stuff...I just can't figure out where everything plugs into seeing ass there is no recevier..

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Pro Logic question
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 01:00:40 PM »
Spork, I'm wondering about the connections that would hook directly up to the source, I don't know if this would work (partly because the website does not mention GCN and partly because I'm not familiar with the differences in the PS2, XBox, and GCN connections in the back).  However, I do know that for ProLogic2, the decoder takes the stereo inputs and changes it to PL2 surround, so if the GCN stereo outs connect into the decoder, it should work fine.  Do a little checking out at your local store, and if it will work, it sounds like a great system, and go for it!
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St