Author Topic: Game Boy Player: US vs. Import  (Read 2016 times)

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Game Boy Player: US vs. Import
« on: March 25, 2003, 12:54:03 PM »
So, i've got this really nice platinum gamecube that i'd really rather not mod.  and i seem to keep coming across information that says only a black GB player is going to be released stateside.  i'm also hearing that it isn't going to have a boot disk.  can someone point me to an article or something to confirm or deny either of these points??
also, if i would import one (and assuming the us version will have a boot disc) would i be able to just wait till the us one is released and find a US disc to use with an imported player?

lots of questions in there, but any help/guidance would be appreciated.
thanx

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Game Boy Player: US vs. Import
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 06:15:12 AM »
According to PGC, a boot disc will be used.  Also according to PGC, Nintendo plans to release various colors in the US too.  And about your question refering to just buying a US boot disc when it comes out here, um...that seems kinda weird, because you would have your GB player, but you wouldn't be able to play it until it comes out in the US.  But, I believe theorectically this would work, because the GBA is "territory-immune" and the GB player contains GBA circuits.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St