Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help  (Read 123763 times)

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2003, 03:03:31 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth

Originally posted by: Berto2K
I am having problems in the earth temple. I have gotten the dungeon map, and the treasure in the door on the right of the room with the weird fog. But I can't get past the room on the left. There are 2 buttons on in the middle of the floor. When they are both pressed, stairs open up (or come down) to the door at the top. What I can't figure out is how to get up the stairs to I think push the big box over the edge.

Isn't there something Chu-y to push the buttons down?

Oh jeez, I am bad. Thanks man.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline micah10k

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2003, 11:36:27 AM »
I am trying to collect the triforce pieces before the final battle and I've gotten 7 out of the 8 pieces so far.  I'm missing the 3rd chart/shard.  According to the guide I've been using I'm supposed to transform into a seagull and fly to the top of these rocks and activate the crystals inside.  I found where I'm supposed to go, but I have no idea how to transform into a seagull.  I must've missed that somewhere.  How do you transform into a seagull or is there another way to get up there?  Please help, I'm almost finished with the game, but this one part is driving me crazy!!!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2003, 02:10:06 PM »

Originally posted by: micah10k
I am trying to collect the triforce pieces before the final battle and I've gotten 7 out of the 8 pieces so far.  I'm missing the 3rd chart/shard.  According to the guide I've been using I'm supposed to transform into a seagull and fly to the top of these rocks and activate the crystals inside.  I found where I'm supposed to go, but I have no idea how to transform into a seagull.  I must've missed that somewhere.  How do you transform into a seagull or is there another way to get up there?  Please help, I'm almost finished with the game, but this one part is driving me crazy!!!

This is where rushing through the game and using a guide gets you in trouble.  This is a neat feature that was introduced before you even got so much as a sword.  You take a Hyoi Pear (from Beedle's Shop Ship) and put it on your head, and a seagull will come down for it.  For whatever unexplained reason, you can now control the seagull.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2003, 09:37:24 AM »
SPOILER! DON'T READ UNLESS YOU"VE BEATEN THE GAME!

Why don't you get the Hero's clothes in the second quest? Do you ever get them? I don't know because I just beat it today and I'm still on Outset Island.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Cobot

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2003, 04:25:54 PM »
Hey, I've got a quick question. On Dragoon Roost Island, eventually in the game some guy appears and he says that he has a job interview and he can't get up there. How do I help him get to his interview?

EDIT: Actually, I just found out when you complete the task of organizing 25 letters, the guy asks you to help out a new part-timer, so when you go out and back in again, the guy that had trouble getting up there is now working. Cool. . .  

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2003, 12:26:47 AM »
Hopefully this will be my last help request as I am collecting the last 2 triforce maps. I am having problems with the one that is found in the most top right corner square. Like the fish said, no ledges or platforms. Don't know where to go.

But I did find that other map in that square. Very interesting.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline TAYREL713

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2003, 03:27:28 AM »
"Use the Hookshot Luke". Go to the lowest tree, hookshot up, and then across to the hole and the mini dungeon contained within.
"I put my foot so deep in your ass the water in my knee will quench your thirst." (Ras Kass 'Miami Life')

Offline Slavefive

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2003, 07:02:31 PM »
**Getting everything in the game question**

I was wondering if you get anything extra (extra cinema, etc.) for getting everything in the game. I did get all of the hearts and heart pieces, all of the bottles, and stuff like that. But, i was wondering if it would be worth it to go and get ALL of the treasure charts and special charts, i have the ones i need, but is it worth it to go and get, for instance, the big octo chart?
**minor spoilers**
I'll do it if I get something extra (beyond satisfaction, of course), but i'm not sure if its worth the time. I mean, i'm up to 5000 rupees and i'm at the point where i'm collecting the triforce pieces. Take kingdom hearts, for example. If you got all of the dalmations, locked every world, and completed the hades cup, you got a sweet cinema at the end. Does anybody have any insight on this? Thanks, I appreciate it!!
I like videogames.  I like them a lot.

Offline Lui

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2003, 09:00:03 AM »
I am having problems in the wind temple.  That little mini deku thing is trapped behind a gate and i cant seem to get him out.  He just says somthing like i would have to be as big as the great deku tree in order to move the statue head in front of the gate.  Does anyone know what i need in order to move the statue and where might i find it.  First time i've goten STUCK the whole game.
So what do u know from knowledge?

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2003, 01:18:05 PM »
Lui, have you got the Hookshot yet, if so you need to put on the iron boots and attach the hookshot to the target on the head of the statue in front of the cage and make sure you stand to the side when you do it or else the statue will fall over on you.  If you dont have the hookshot look for it, it is probably in some room you have forgotten to search in (I would tell you but i forget)
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2003, 02:47:43 PM »
Hi I'm trying to get a triforce map and it says it's in a ship on the right of my incredible chart.

I remember hearing something about a ghostship from someone someplace but i can't find that person or anything related to a ghost ship. pls help me find a way to get it.

EDIT: I just checked the page ahead and i don't know where diamond step (or something like that) island is.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2003, 08:36:38 PM »
Diamond Steppe Island is in the first row second from the bottom (F1). You need the hookshot from the wind temple to get on the island. You will get a map that shows the location of the ghost ship.

TOY

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2003, 02:03:41 PM »
hey thanks man. i just past the ghost ship now and went back to hyrule castle. VERY COOL THING THAT HAPPENS!

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2003, 02:54:34 PM »
I feel stupid asking this but here goes. How do you pick up the little piggies??? I've tried running up to them and they just run away. I've tried crawling up behind them and still the action button says nothing. I already have the bracelets too! I wan to pick up the piggies. When I showed the sailor on Windfall my Skull Necklaces and played his game, I had to chop up the lil' porkers to get them to follow me to the guy. There's gotta be a way to do that that doesnt involve pain. Can someone please help?
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2003, 03:29:43 PM »
er umm..yeah, You just like crawl up to them, stand up, walk slowly and push A.  If you can't do it, there's nothing I can do to help.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2003, 03:53:56 PM »

Originally posted by: Berny
I feel stupid asking this but here goes. How do you pick up the little piggies??? I've tried running up to them and they just run away. I've tried crawling up behind them and still the action button says nothing. I already have the bracelets too! I wan to pick up the piggies. When I showed the sailor on Windfall my Skull Necklaces and played his game, I had to chop up the lil' porkers to get them to follow me to the guy. There's gotta be a way to do that that doesnt involve pain. Can someone please help?

I had a problem with that too for a long time! hah.  But you'll get it. Just pick it up normally. Follow Bloodworth's question and try to practice on the big pig on outset island.

Offline Lao-tzu

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2003, 09:52:48 AM »
This question has SPOILERS.. so don't read it if you haven't beaten the game, or are about to.

...Or unless you want to read it really badly.

OK, I'm in the last level, and I'm about to face Ganon, but I want to go back to the surface.  Now I know (now) that to get up there you go into the room filled with water that has 4 switches on the walls.

You hit them in the order they were shown.  Only one problem.  What was that bloody order?
Name: Aaron
Town: Hobbiton

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2003, 10:15:36 AM »
from left to right I THINK it was 3,1,2,4 but all you have to do to be sure is go into the other room with the lanterns. They give you the order, one of them only has 1 flame and one of them has 2 flames, ect. so if my pattern is wrong, just go check the lanterns.

TOY

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2003, 03:38:07 PM »
That was a cool puzzle.  Took me a little while to get it.  But now for my question.

Spoilers

Where in God's holy kingdom are the light arrows?  I've found the shadow dude, whacked him, got his sword, but the doors make you drop it.  I figure killing him with a light arrow will summon a portal.  But where do you get these light arrows?  I've tried going back to forsaken fortress (even got to the very top, with my great skill, where you're not supposed to be, because I could walk through the rubbage up there), going back to Mother and Child Islands, and even shooting at the sun.  Where are they?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2003, 03:45:27 PM »
Nevermind.  I foudn the door thing on a walkthrough.  I thought it might be that, but I went through a few doors and they didn't work.  Well, I'm off to beat the game now.  Wish me luck.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline juansr

• View Profile
RE: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2003, 04:58:18 AM »
 I am having trouble with wind waker, in the windfall island in the pirate ship they say:

the ship's tooht is a ...............
what is the word ????????????????????????????????
tanks for your help..
juan solis....

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2003, 04:46:32 PM »
Did you go to the back of the bomb shop and eavesdrop on the pirates?  If you did, then talk to the King of Red Lions for a reminder but if you didn't then you need to sidle about the edge of the building to the right of the dock and crawl through the hole on the roof...The story will be advanced from there
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

RE: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2003, 05:03:21 PM »
I have a question concerning one of the puzzles on Link's Cabanna.

You know the picture of the kid with the booger hanging out of his nose?  The picture that you have to rearrange back to how it's supposed to look?  Well, I did that once, completed it, and noticed that a lantern lit up in the upper-left corner, to the left of the completed picture; that lantern stayed lit after I left and returned.  There are 20 small lanterns like that one directly adjacent to the picture puzzle.

Does that mean that the game wants you to complete the puzzle 19 more times?  If so, what do you get for doing so -- I've never been a fan of puzzles like that and although I know this is a spoiler I really do want to know what you earn for doing that puzzle 20 times.  Lemme guess... is it a Heart Piece?

(For those that are wondering, I've completed the game already and am in the process of going through it again... didn't get the deed for the cabanna yet, though.)  
Gaming is more than entertainment, it's a lifestyle.

USA Allied Wallpaper

Offline Lui

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2003, 01:22:39 PM »
I'm having problems with gettin on the ghost ship.  I'm down to my last tri-force shard and cant for the life of me get onboard, i see it around midnight at greatfish but it disappears everytime i get close.  Someone earlier tried to explain it, but they were very coenherent.  
So what do u know from knowledge?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2003, 01:48:44 PM »

Originally posted by: Lui
I'm having problems with gettin on the ghost ship.  I'm down to my last tri-force shard and cant for the life of me get onboard, i see it around midnight at greatfish but it disappears everytime i get close.  Someone earlier tried to explain it, but they were very coenherent.

You need the map first.  It's on Diamond Step Isle far to the west.  I got lucky on this one, I got the map by chance when I was exploring and it was at the right phase of the moon when the ghost ship goes near Diamond Step.  I got the map and got on the ship in one shot.  It wasn't until later that I found out you couldn't get on without the map.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers