Author Topic: EA not supporting Live  (Read 13381 times)

Offline AERO

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
EA not supporting Live
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2003, 02:16:01 PM »
T-tiger, with nintendos current situation with online games, why would you?  

Offline Munky

• View Profile
EA not supporting Live
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2003, 03:40:35 PM »

Originally posted by: T-Tiger
Why work on Xbox, when you could be making online games for Gamecube...

speaking of online games for Gamecube...

Oh, maybe because Xbox is built for online games. I don't see Cube being very fun online, but that will be a decision I'll have to make when I get Cube online.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
EA not supporting Live
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2003, 06:10:05 PM »
  Live isn't doing as well as MS would have you believe.  I'm sure it's doing okay, but I seem to remember some serious questions regarding the numbers being released by MS.  If you enjoy it , good.  My argument was if PS2 and GC were online with EA sports, and xbox not, it would hurt xbox.  I do not game online.  I was merely speaking in terms of Nintendo gaining some switchover fans.  Obviously, if GC isn't online, then it's a moot point.  However, I seem to remember around the release of MADDEN 2003, EA stating that all versions for '04 would be online.  So now that they dropped out of Live support, I took that as the other 2 systems are still going online.  And of course, this could all change tomorrow, but thats how it stands right now.  God forbid I mention the x Box in a negative light (albeit, barely negative).  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Munky

• View Profile
EA not supporting Live
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2003, 02:49:29 AM »
An online kit doesn't just sell 500,000 copies within the first week of being out if it's bad or sucks. Xbox Live is a top seller in the game industry right now, in both North America and Europe, and I believe it's out in Japan as well (I'll have to check on that). It's selling very well in both NA and Europe, and I really don't care about Japan sales. Not to mention, Xbox sales are going up dramatically (last time I checked, which was about 3 weeks ago, Xbox was outselling PS2 in Europe 3:1).

Xbox Live is selling Xboxes all around the world. It's not a failure or not selling as good as a lot of people say. In fact, Microsoft's numbers are about as accurate as you'll get.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline FFantasyFX

• View Profile
EA not supporting Live
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2003, 05:38:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Munky
An online kit doesn't just sell 500,000 copies within the first week of being out if it's bad or sucks.

I'd check those numbers again.  If you're talking about the first week of U.S. sales, I'm almost positive XBox Live sold 150,000 copies.  I think that it may be up to 500,000 as of right now.

Offline AERO

• View Profile
EA not supporting Live
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2003, 08:53:49 AM »
I see your point. I don't think it will help gain "cross-over fans" for GC to have EA sports online. It couldn't hurt but if someone was considering of buying a GC, its not for the sports games. If were dubbing these "cross-over gamers" assuming they had a PS2, and we are discussing whether sports games would make the difference of an xbox or gc purchase, I would tend to think they would be choosing Xbox over GC. Seeing as how they have the biggest line up of sports games of the three. What with EA, Sega, and 1st party major sports support. GC has EA by itself for sports, with even if it is online eventually wouldn't counter-act the xbox's total ammount of sports titles in an average or hardcore sports gamers mind.

P.S. Wasn't there talk of EA dropping their sports line up all together for GC? If that does ever happen the theres another reason why this discussion is moot.  

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
EA not supporting Live
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2003, 04:04:53 AM »
I really wonder sometimes when all these 'great innovative services xbox has' really matter that I have had EVERY SINGLE XBOX LIVE FEATURE since Counterstrike. They are great to have, no doubt on that, but it does not make all games great online. Xbox live is fun, but do you really love the disconnects in sports games? (beside mechassault, sports games are really the only good reason for xbox online) I actually prefer the other online service microsoft runs, Zone, which is free and has pretty much the same service.  

Offline AERO

• View Profile
EA not supporting Live
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2003, 09:50:35 AM »
If you made about people disconnecting, then bitch at the people, don't bring it up to blast live.