Author Topic: NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE  (Read 4752 times)

Offline cubefreak123

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« on: March 05, 2003, 02:15:06 PM »
I'M WATCHING TECH LIVE ON TECH TV AND APPARENTLY MICROSOFT IS GOING OT START PUTTING XBOXES IN THE ARCADE.  Now im not sure this eliminate the cube but i dont think its good for it.
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline Joey

• View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 07:54:27 PM »
Assuming I am reading this right I don't think this would have a major impact of the Cube. I doubt that very many people would go to an araade just to play a console especally since it would make more sense to play in the confort of your own home.

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 08:06:31 PM »
They are talking about XBox arcade board. I forgot what it is called but it starts with a C. PS2 already as an arcade board and so does GameCube (Triforce).  

here is a link

Offline cubefreak123

• View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 02:00:59 AM »
yes thats tru i think i overeacted a little lol
A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying darn we really screwed up.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 04:37:53 AM »

Not wanting to be left out, both Nintendo and Sony also are working on arcade versions of their console machines. Sony has shown the ``Tekken 4'' fighting game on an arcade machine based on the PlayStation 2, and Sega recently showed a version of its ``F-Zero'' flying game running on an arcade machine based on Nintendo's GameCube console.

That's a quote from the link that was posted by Mingesium.  Does anyone else find this kind of ridiculous??  Either I'm thinking backwards or this source has totally messed up, i.e. Nintendo, Namco, and Sega announced a while ago that they would work on the "Triforce."  By the way this article is written, it makes Nintendo and Sony look as if they are the ones who are behind in the market.  This is the kind of marketing that the press seems to perform for Microsoft.  Nintendo/Namco/Sega have been at work on the Triforce hardware and software for what I can imagine to be more than a year.  I'm not saying Microsoft hasn't, all I am saying is that the press always seems to make out Microsoft's image to be much better than it really is.  Does anyone else find this quote, in the least bit, annoying?
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 02:44:51 PM »
Yay for them.  I don't play arcades anyway.  Waste of money.  Besides, they'll see the Gamecube games are better. . . get more money.  Yay.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 04:53:08 PM »
Heh, the Fzero flying game

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2003, 08:34:57 PM »
The Xbox board that Sega is making is the Chiraro (Close spelling.) And Microsoft already said it wasn't going to support it with games. So if this is Microsoft itself putting the machines in the arcades it more than likely the Xbox itself. Which won't make any real difference. Most people who play at arcade do so because they like arcade games and they like hanging out somewhere. They usally already have a console at home.  
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2003, 01:01:23 AM »
"sega's" flying game

hooray for propaganda, also hooray for poorly researched articles

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
NOT GOOD FOR THE CUBE
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2003, 06:13:52 PM »
Now if I cared, I'd retort with the fact that no matter whate X-box does, it's still horrible. And the fact that F-Zero GCN is coming out in the arcade with the ability to port your saved game from home. And also the fact that if the normal X-box was that big, I'd hate to see the arcade version. But that's if I cared...
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown