Author Topic: GamesRadar has a PS3 Mockup from Sony and has Pictures by the PS2 and 360  (Read 38738 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Here is the Article on GamesRadar

The things a monster.  Especially when you visualize the Wii siting besides them when there all side by side.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
oh. MY. GAWD.

At 6X the size of a Wii, and 3X the cost of a Wii, it doesn't even provide a "leap" nearly as great as the one the GameCube provided over the N64.

TALK ABOUT BORKED, WITH A WASABI-COCONUT MARINADE ON TOP
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Yes Pro666... But think about it this way, the PS3 only cost a mere $125 per Wii*.  So if the PS3 is used as a cooking ingredient it is a much better bargain then the Wii.  Who knew?

*With a Wii price of $250.  Derived from this formula ($250*3)/6. In reality if we used the number 6 times the size of the Wii for the size of the PS3 then we have $599/6 which is $99.84 per Wii.  Wow doesn't that just make you want to go and buy one?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
I love how the PS3 is shaped in such a way that it ensures it will be impossible to fit it on its side without it rocking back and forth.

Nintendo has Japan in the BAG. The Japanese, unlike the US, are insanely-space conscious because space is such a valuable commodity and a fugly monstrosity like the PS3 isn't going to go over well in that regard.

The US could still go either way, but Japan is a done deal.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
The sad part is that it's clear from the case design that it's that size because it actually needs all that space for the components.  I wonder what type of heat it will put out.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Ceric
The sad part is that it's clear from the case design that it's that size because it actually needs all that space for the components.  I wonder what type of heat it will put out.

Maybe it'll output enough heat that it really could be used as a grill or a wafflemaker like has been joked.

Heck, I'm sure someone will try it.  I've defrosted microwave dinners on lamps and computer towers before.  It's a waste of heat otherwise.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Roasted Marshmellows with a Spotlight in the dorms.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
I would've appreciated some side-by-side comparisons with the original Xbox. But I suppose that would've gone against the whole 'OMG THE PS3 IS THE BIGGEST, UGLIEST, MOST UNWEILDIEST CONSOLE EVER' message they were going for.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
*shrug*  I know somewhere online there is the comparison between the 360 and XBox.  Thought I think they would be about the same size, PS3 Xbox.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's clearly smaller than an Xbox, which really is the biggest, ugliest, most unwieldiest console ever.  Well, maybe not ugliest, but definitely big.

I still find the curved shape neat, but this comparison made me realize that it's totally impractical for stacking and the thing looks a bit wobbly on it's side.  It's also pretty ugly the back or bottom.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:GamesRadar has a PS3 Mockup from Sony and has Pictures by the PS2 and 360
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »
Are y'all kidding? The XBox 360 is almost exactly the same size as the first XBox, it's just the concave casing makes it look slimmer than it really is.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Actually when you think about it from the Sony perspective they are using the size that they have to have to their best possible advantage.  Nothing can stack on the PS3.  It can't be vertical, probably a limitation of the drive at the moment and the things thermodynamics.  What that leave you?  Something that will dominate your home theater setup.  That's what they want.  Perception can sometime be better then truth.  When you go into a room with one of those in it your going to notice.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 03:02:25 PM »
Is this image accurate anymore?  If not, there should be a new one with correct dimensions.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6356/consolesizes6cv.jpg

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
No I don't think that pictures is still accurate. Look at the height (when console is in horizontal position) of the PS3, it's not as fat as the 360 which it seems from the pictures in the original post is no longer the case
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
totally owned in size

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
I dunno.. If I wanted a video game badly enough, I wouldn't care if it were big enough to be used as a living room rug. I got a DS even though it doesn't fit in my pants without forcing me to walk in circles like a one-winged plane. I just learn to adjust.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Lord almighty you think the DS was the size of a console by how everyone talks.  It fits fine in my regular cut Levi Blue Jeans w/ my overloaded wallet.  Not as ergonomic as the original GBA but not much bigger either.

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
Your pocket must be pretty stuffed!  Mine fits fine in my pocket, but not with a wallet.  Keys only.

Hmm, it's true, the 360 isn't much smaller than the Xbox.  They did a good job of making it look like it's smaller, because my friend's old Xbox always looked humongous to me, and the 360 looks smaller.  Not way smaller, but smaller.  Of course, having a GameCube or PS2 nearby for comparison makes a big difference.  I think the "bulgey" shape of the old Xbox makes it look fat.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

Your pocket must be pretty stuffed!

You get use to it.  Either stuffed pockets or Man-Purse... I think I'll have stuffed pockets.

I think the "bulgey" shape of the old Xbox makes it look fat.

I agree.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
"Do I look fat?"

"You don't look fat, you ARE FAT."

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
That picture JonLeung posted is based on the Original Prototype Sony showed off in 2005 not the redesign that they are using.
The 2005 model was actually smaller then the 2006 version since Sony needed more space to keep the system from over heating. I don't think they made it any longer but they did make it taller.

Last time I saw the 2006 version of the PS3 it looked to be pretty much the same size as the original Xbox.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
BIG DAMN CONSOLE

nothing exciting

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 02:43:24 PM »
" Yeah, it's clearly smaller than an Xbox, which really is the biggest, ugliest, most unwieldiest console ever. Well, maybe not ugliest, but definitely big."

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/img.pl?image=/specials/xbox360_1/14.jpg This picture begs to differ.  So if the 360 is slightly smaller than xbox then the PS3 is bigger than the original bulky xbox.    
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
I already corrected myself, jeeeeeeeez.

Edit: To make up for my sin of believing the PS3 dimensions, I'm updating that big comparison image.  Has anyone seen reliable Wii dimensions?  I found one place that seems pretty good, but it doesn't seem like Nintendo gave actual measurements out.  A shame, since that's all us enthusiasts sitting at home have to go by.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
"Maybe it'll output enough heat that it really could be used as a grill or a wafflemaker"

hell, I think it could heat my whole friggin apartment!
I'll shut up now...