Author Topic: Metroid Prime Freezing  (Read 4564 times)

Offline yeg0

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Freezing
« on: March 01, 2003, 06:26:11 AM »
When I got Metroid Prime, it kept freezing. I was playing it a lot. Now, it rarely freezes. I know there was something about 1/10000 freeze with Metroid Prime. Could somebody clarify that?
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

Offline RockmanX

• View Profile
Metroid Prime Freezing
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 09:51:30 PM »
I think it's the hardware.  This has been talked about before though.  Either a small batch of GC's or Primes were faulty.  I know that on my GCN I had to get the laser repaired.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Freezing
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 01:16:30 PM »
There was a point made by IBM that 1 in every 10,000 GameCubes that were shipped prior to Metroid Prime have a processor bug that cause the game to fail.  This is due to the fact that Metroid Prime fills the GCN's data queue.  From what you describe, this could be the answer, but I don't know because your's only does it sometimes now.  I just wanted to present you with the info.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Rogue

• View Profile
Metroid Prime Freezing
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 12:52:39 AM »
1 in every 10,000? The problem looked a lot more serious judging from the amount of posts complaining about the bug.

Is it fixed now, though? Any chance of it making an unwanted appearance in the PAL version?

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Freezing
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 05:17:04 AM »
1 in every 10,000 was the number released by IBM.  Yes, IBM corrected the problem (I'm assuming in their development plants).  However, the bug is, in itself, in the processor, not the game.  So, depending on the location of the PAL developed GameCubes, this may be a problem, and, sadly, I do not know where the PAL GCN processors are produced.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Freezing
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 09:10:12 AM »
is there any set point in the game that people are getting freezes?  or is it dependent on very specific conditions?  mine locked up last night as i was heading back to the furnace in the chozo ruins just after getting the spider ball.  i was very not happy...  

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Metroid Prime Freezing
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2003, 05:32:45 AM »
I don't know the real reason, but it seems to happen during loading. Metroid Prime is loading all the time, even while you're walking through hallways, and near doors.

This page explains it, and I was able to use it to get past a spot that wouldn't stop freezing.
I have crabs, would you like some?

Visit TendoFire, it's for your own good, OK!

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Freezing
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2003, 09:46:51 AM »
wish i'd have checke back here a few days ago.  very helpful.