Author Topic: ULTRA BOMBERMAN THREE THOUSAND XTREME  (Read 36497 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: ULTRA BOMBERMAN THREE THOUSAND XTREME
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »
I think he was poking fun at himself because his name used to be PaleZero.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:ULTRA BOMBERMAN THREE THOUSAND XTREME
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 11:43:37 AM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
Please explain to me the usage of 'zero'. There is no story to bomberman that anyone actually follows, there is no need to do a prequel.

Bomberman: Act Zero (Charm)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 11:45:14 AM »
Maybe it's a prequel that explains how he goes from an ultra-sucky Iron Man-wannabe to a way cool kawaii Japanese Bomberman dude.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 11:49:27 AM »
That's be pretty neat actually, like he fell into some pink lava and was horribly disfigured, becoming super-kawaii.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 11:54:22 AM »
hahah  thats the best  idea  for the game
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 11:57:43 AM »
Bomberman is the only guy that I will say is cute and makes me explode in joy.

Anyway, that'd be a real shocker for anyone who plays this game, wouldn't it?  Him ending up all cutesy and all.

The OC Remix called "Bomberfuzz" (I think) really captures the essence of what Bomberman SHOULD be...a high-pitched crazy guy who screams a lot and throws bombs and is yet somehow cute while doing it.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »
WHAT?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 12:06:31 PM »
"Maybe it's a prequel that explains how he goes from an ultra-sucky Iron Man-wannabe to a way cool kawaii Japanese Bomberman dude."

Sample dialog from the ending of the game:

"Scanners indicate the substance is LSD.  Well it won't hurt to give it a try.  Whoa I feel strange I... CHOBITA*!!!"

*CHOBITA is my attempt to spell out this weird voice sample from one of the Japan-only Super Bomberman games.  By brother downloaded the roms for all five of them and one of then plays that sound every time you start a new match.  Another one I like is "BY HUDSON CO!!" which is what I think it says when the Hudson logo comes up.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2006, 12:13:01 PM »
I love those Japanese voice samples!

I like the character named Honey (Super Bomberman 3 and up) who goes, "Honey!" (maybe she's pretending to be a Pokémon but she's a cowgirl) and one of Bomberman's winning phrases sounds like "I'm Batman!"

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Another one I like is "BY HUDSON CO!!" which is what I think it says when the Hudson logo comes up.
I think he's saying "By Hudson Soft!" (nitpicking) but because of his cutesiness and/or Japanese-ness, it comes out sounding like "BYE HUZZA SOFF!" or something like that.  Too cute!

Many voice clips are in that OverClocked Remix titled "Bomberfuzz" that I mentioned.  Go check it out.    

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2006, 01:42:57 PM »
My comment was to make fun of all those people who say that games need to return to their roots....I shudder at some of the thoughs

I was trying to find the Mega Man box art but sadly I was only able to find smaller pictures of it.      ANyone remember the game Chameleon Twist?  Besides Bomberman, that games warms my cup of chocolate anyday.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2006, 01:51:22 PM »

Originally posted by: SgtShiversBen

I was trying to find the Mega Man box art but sadly I was only able to find smaller pictures of it.  
See here.  Also, other NES box art.

Iron Man
Iron Man is kinda cool.  Bomberman is definitely cool.  The atrocity that is Bomberman in Act: Zero?  Not cool.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2006, 07:42:46 PM »
THE MEGA MAN NES BOX ART!!  THE HORROR IT BURNS!!

Could this mean that Mario Party will now become TEH MATUREZ just to get more people into them?
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2006, 07:51:49 PM »
I think it's safe to say so
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 02:02:01 AM »
I died a little on the inside. Now when I open my mouth, maggots crawl out. Really Hudson, what the hell. If they've done this in an attempt to get the average American Gas Station Joe to buy it then they shouldn't have even bothered considering the Xbox 360 platform.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 02:30:49 AM »
I think it looks ultra cool. I definately think this is a system seller.....
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2006, 04:29:13 AM »
I can't beleave Hudson is doing this... This is worst the Shadow. I would like to find the guy who came up with this and the guy who okayed it and beat the living snot out of them. I never in a million years would have thought Hudson would go down this path.

I hope this game tanks and the game & look stays Xbox360 Only. I'll stick to the little bomberman thank you very much.

part of me is still hopeing that this is all a joke or that the guy we are seeing is the badguy.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2006, 07:09:59 AM »
I'm sure this is only going to happen on Xbox 360 and I imagine it will tank.

Having said that, you can't totally blame them, looking at what sells on the Xbox systems, I'm surprised he doesn't have a sidekick with giant boobs too.  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 07:23:01 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey

Having said that, you can't totally blame them, looking at what sells on the Xbox systems, I'm surprised he doesn't have a sidekick with giant boobs too.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Super Famicom games (Super Bomberman 3-5), but the cute character Honey, who somehow has the same abilities as Bomberman but dresses like a cowgirl, would probably look like someone out of Rumble Roses.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 09:57:48 AM »
I have no choice...
Forget about Link in Soul Calibur, and move over Spartan-458, it's the Gaming Crossover of the Millenium!

Edit: behold, a working image!  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2006, 10:25:24 AM »

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »

It's seriously too close.  Marvel could sue.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2006, 04:38:28 PM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey

*cough* (first picture, right side, middle)

And guess what? The xboxers hate it too.

Has there ever been a situation where a series sold out and totally retooled itself to be "extreme" and "edgy" and it paid off? For pretty much anything that seems to be the last act of desperation before it dies. I've seen successful slight reinventions or "back to basics" approaches work but I can't think of any time a successful franchise totally rehauled it's look in such an obvious sell-out way and it paid off.

I can't think of one, ever. Even Gabe from Penny-Arcade mentioned that this kind of thing was ridiculous and ruined Prince of Persia 2, pointing out that superheroes did this for a while where every superhero became dark and edgy and it eventually came full circle and everyone realized how awful it was.

In fact, the only franchise which ever underwent a change for the "darker" and succeeded was...Batman.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2006, 05:08:13 PM »
After seeing bomberman jetter anime and pics of the games, im glad they have gone a new direction
anyway bomberman is about the multiplayer, this looks like a single player game with bad multi

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2006, 07:59:59 PM »
SB: The sad part is how many positive replies that thread there got.

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2006, 08:35:08 PM »
OMG! BONK IS NEXT!

"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat