Author Topic: ULTRA BOMBERMAN THREE THOUSAND XTREME  (Read 36496 times)

Offline Talon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:ULTRA BOMBERMAN THREE THOUSAND XTREME
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2006, 12:09:04 PM »

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak
Romance of The 3 Kingdoms is based on an extremely popular novel in China; guess where this game gets all it's sales from?

Mexico?

Anyway Konami is pretty notorious for milking franchises!! How many Yu-Gi-Oh! games do they release a year? EA may have 12 month cycles but Konami has a 30 day cycle when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh

This is one area that being connected online could fix.  We could download patches or expansions for these minor tweaks/releases and that would give development houses extra time to develop TRUE sequels.  Most people dont mind paying for expansion packs (of course expansions packs would have to be significantly cheaper than buying a brand new games).

Still id rather see less sequels and more original titles.  Im definately looking forward to seeing what suda 51 is cooking up for the revolution.  Killer 7 is by far my most favourite original IP of this generation.
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end of Satan's rainbow?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2006, 12:35:08 PM »
Pikmin is crying..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: ULTRA BOMBERMAN THREE THOUSAND XTREME
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2006, 12:51:26 PM »
"How many Yu-Gi-Oh! games do they release a year?"

I forgot about Yu-Gi-Oh.  And by that I mean I forgot that Yu-Gi-Oh has any relation to videogames whatsoever.  Ever read a review for those games?  The reviewer's always like "The manual doesn't give me any idea how to play!  What the f*ck is going on?!!"  It's like you just have to know how to play.  It's a secret completely unknown to those outside the Yu-Gi-Oh fanbase.

God that show sucks.  I can't get into any show where the villians all follow the rules of some game that everyone universal agrees to.  "Oh no!  If I lose this game Joey will be forever banished to the shadow world by this evil dude I'm dueling.  The idea of just, you know, taking a gun and shooting my opponent in the face to save my friend never occurs to me."  "Curses, this little kid beat me and now I can't banish his friend to the shadow world for this card game I am playing somehow prevents me from just being an evil bastard and banishing him anyway."

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2006, 02:04:43 PM »
Actually I heard the DS Yu-Gi-Oh game comes with a pretty good tutorial mode. I love CCG-based games, and this will finally give me a chance to try what seems to be a pretty successful franchise.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »
From what I've heard, the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga was very violent, with Yugi even lighting people on fire using the hairspray/lighter combo.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Talon

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2006, 03:44:11 PM »
Ive seen a couple of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series cartoons from Japan when he was the "game master" and they are bit more violent than what they water down for the kids in the west.

I think the DS could really do Yu-Gi-Oh some justice.  Konami could release a wifi enable game where you can actually trade cards from person to person and they could have expansions for the games for new additional cards, arenas, ai...etc.  I think those sort of battle, tradining communication games would really benefit with the online services Nintendo are now able to provide them.

Hell Konami could even take a page out of the MMORPG development guide and have a card shop where you are able to purchase cards online to add to your decks.
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end of Satan's rainbow?

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2006, 03:53:43 PM »
I never understood why Konami never tried to embrace online play with that series. From what I understand, Magic The Gathering still enjoys a strong online fanbase.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2006, 12:26:29 AM »
Konami is not on your list and thinking about it they're not that bad. But there's DDR.

*cough*Castlevania*cough*

with Yugi even lighting people on fire using the hairspray/lighter combo.

Well, Yugi always has a lot of hairspray on him obviously...

I never understood why Konami never tried to embrace online play with that series.

Those "online duel pass" thingies I see lying around in stores do suggest that Konami has not only embraced online play, they are billing people for it like an MMO.

EDIT: Ooops, wrong quote.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2006, 10:43:12 AM »
I didn't know they did.

Bout time...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2006, 10:23:06 PM »
Forget about XCircle Bomberman, this is bad enough.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2006, 04:43:45 AM »
That pink one??   hawt

=P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram