Author Topic: Error 52100  (Read 6787 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Error 52100
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:42:37 AM »
I keep getting this error message where it says it can connect to the access point but I can't connect to the web server.  A lot of people on the Nintendo Wifi board are getting this error with several different routers but there's no solution.  So I figure I'll ask if anyone here has solved the problem.  The error message suggests to me that it might be a problem with the ISP.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Error 52100
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 06:27:12 AM »
Do you have access to the router settings? I would try DMZ

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 06:38:35 AM »
Pardon my ignorance but what is DMZ?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 08:41:40 AM »
Well it actually stands for De-Militarized Zone, but the term is used for a router setting that makes it opens as possible, no firewalls.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 09:11:55 AM »
What firewall are you running?  I was having problems with ZoneAlarm enabled.  I disabled it and it worked just fine.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 09:27:04 AM »
D-Link DI-524 ver A which according to Nintendo's list is incompatible.  But the ver C works.  Go figure.

However people have been able to get routers that Nintendo says won't work to work and a lot of people with all sorts of different routers get this same error.  I'm probably going to just get the USB Adapter but before spending that money I want to exercise the other options just in case there's a workaround.  The DS seems to find the router okay and in the router admin it recognizes the DS.  It just doesn't seem to be able to get on the internet.

It would be nice if Nintendo explained the incompatibilities.  How am I supposed to know that this is the very problem that makes the router "incompatible"?  For all I know I've overcome that problem and this is a different problem I very well could have had with a different router.  What sort of testing did Nintendo do to determine compatibility?  Did they try a lot of options or is it just a "does it work instantly?" test?

Anyway ZoneAlarm is disabled.  I've also assigned the DS a static IP address because I heard that might be an issue.  My ISP provides our PCs with dynamic IP addresses.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 10:29:42 AM »
have you tried a firmware patch?

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »
Not yet.  I'll give that a try.

Offline cjherrey

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Error 52100
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 11:30:26 PM »
 it actually stands for De-Militarized Zone, but the term is used for a router setting that makes it opens as possible, no firewalls.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:38:04 PM by MegaByte »