Author Topic: Xbox Controller for the PC?  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Pat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Xbox Controller for the PC?
« on: February 20, 2003, 11:16:41 AM »
I was wondering, since obviously I, Pat, can not find one, that one of you'd know. O.o Is there a adapter I can get to play with my Xbox controller on the PC? I know I found an adapter for USB items to be played on the Xbox, but I don't find that very useful in my situation. If there is, could you tell me where to look? Or maybe there's a controller like the Xbox's, but made for the PC? Eh eh? Cause I gotta get one to play PlanetSide, Halo got me too used to playing with it's controller setup. <.< >.>
Current Game Playing - Halo
Current Most Wanted Game - PlanetSide
Current Favorite Game - Halo
Current Favorite Console Of All Time - SNES

--------------------------

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 04:04:27 AM »
I do not believe so, but I read a website that showed you how. Let me look for it and I'll send you the link.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Scream-Dracula

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 07:20:18 AM »
Here is a way to do it yourself.

Here is one you can purchase.

Offline Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 09:24:45 AM »
Hey, thanks for the links. I probably would have never found 'em. o.o; And I'm not the person who likes making my own er..things..mess 'em up..all that time I spent..and I just get mad. >.>; So..yea. Thanks.
Current Game Playing - Halo
Current Most Wanted Game - PlanetSide
Current Favorite Game - Halo
Current Favorite Console Of All Time - SNES

--------------------------

Offline dumdum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »
WOW. that opening thing and sodering sounds to complicated heres some another(esier) version if you want to try this one.

procedure

and heres the software.

here

I think you just download the software and thats it. oh and dont cut the controller cord just cut the little connector, in that case you can get different controlles on the PC(s, duke, mad cats). and if one of the other controlles breaks you just throw it away and keep the connector for the that was used for the PC.

And no this isnt BS, the xbox is based on the usb interface.

Offline dumdum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2003, 10:27:40 AM »
ATTENTION.

The one that you have to open it up does NOT connect to your PC. It lets you keyboard/mouse connect to your xbox. I just read that.

oh thanks dracula i needed that site.