Author Topic: Xbox 360 is the name, Concaved console plays the games  (Read 50753 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Xbox 360 is the name, Concaved console plays the games
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2005, 02:56:48 PM »
R U being sarcastic?  Its already looks to be about the size of a PS2, how much smaller could it get?

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 07:09:45 AM »
I believe that he was referring to the Xbox, not the 360 (ghey name).
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2005, 08:30:43 AM »
Don't think any of those are actual though--E3 is just a month away so I'll wait for that :0.

BTW:  Those pics only had two controller ports if anyone cared to look at that--Hopefully MS sticks with 4 inputs.  Actually it doesn't have any--those two ports were for MC--so it's going have wireless controllers as default?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Xbox 360 is the name, Concaved console plays the games
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 11:16:13 AM »
Hey, the system looks as stupid as the name!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2005, 12:36:02 PM »
here is another picture, one that shows the Xbox 360 emblem

Xbox 360 angled view

I've also seen a  picture that had a removable 40gb hdd inserted into the system

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2005, 12:54:13 PM »
Bright green and silver really don't mix at all... -_-
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2005, 03:29:39 PM »
It looks 10x better than the first Xbox... And supposidly with Killer Instinct at launch... Tempting to be sure
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2005, 04:50:40 PM »

I believe that he was referring to the Xbox, not the 360 (ghey name).

I was.

Don't think any of those are actual though--E3 is just a month away so I'll wait for that :0.

It'll be on MTV on the 12th, which is much sooner.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2005, 05:05:19 PM »
Anyone realize that is a fake picture too?  If you look at the top it gets blury at the end which means they probably took it from the IGN picture or something.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 03:18:04 AM »

Originally posted by: Savior
It looks 10x better than the first Xbox... And supposidly with Killer Instinct at launch... Tempting to be sure

SOURCE PLZ

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2005, 06:16:52 AM »
 Rare has had to be working on something these past couple of years. Expect PD2 at launch plus one or two other good games... I think Microsoft is trying to do the same thing they did with teh first xbox, which is have one FPS killer app for launch. I doubt bungie will have another Halo by Xmas (though that would possibly explain why H2's campaign eats dick)

that X360 design looks like the big ass X that Msoft used for the first xbox's demos... which makes me believe this is the final design  
I'll shut up now...

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2005, 06:29:09 AM »

Rare has had to be working on something these past couple of years.

WRONG

I doubt bungie will have another Halo by Xmas

Remember, they don't have to make the games good for people to buy them.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2005, 07:10:59 AM »
A Friend of mine told me next months EGM has the story on Perfect Dark Zero as an X-box launch title.

Killer Instinct? I read it somewhere else. Doubt its legit though

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2005, 01:12:17 AM »

Nope, it's a 360° turn from their previous direction.
Last I heard, a 360° turn means you go in the same direction as before - totally pointless. Its more likely to mean the traversal of 360° as covering the entire spectrum of something trendy, like nutmeg. I'll wait for Hammertime 360 before I get excited about the Xbox Spinna.

And this mockup (not the blol one) is bad - the 6 on the 360 is upside down for starters. But I'd expect something similar to that design when it finally appears...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2005, 08:32:09 AM »
Last I heard, a 360° turn means you go in the same direction as before - totally pointless.

Thank you, Captain Obvious...

Realistically, Perfect Dark Zero isn't going to sell because Prey and Duke Nukem Forever will greatly overshadow it.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2005, 12:07:53 AM »

Thank you, Captain Obvious...

No worries, Captain Emphasis.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2005, 06:41:48 AM »
Rare has stated so many times that it's NOT working on Killer Instinct that it's not funny.  Now I admit it's been a while since the last time Rare said it wasn't working on Killer Instinct, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game is now in the works (maybe we'll even see some shots this E3) but it won't be out in time for launch.  I predict Perfect Dark 0 at launch and Kameo in 2006.

Umm, yeah, Xbox 360 design!  I think it's pretty nice, better than the existing Xbox, but I'm not keen on the "vents" all over the top, and I don't think it fits in with a home entertainment system like the last one did - which was supposedly to the advantage of PS2 and Xbox, even though GameCube looks way better than either of them.  I like silver, but actual photos I saw of the system on gamesarefun.com almost looked PC beige.  Ugly.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2005, 12:45:16 PM »

ShackNews.com

Microsoft Upset Over Xbox 360 Leak

Gee, I wonder why? If you missed it, an image was leaked that showed the Xbox 360 design in all its glory; you can find the pictures here. According to Internet rumors, Microsoft now believes the leak came from the MTV production staff. Supposedly, an actual console wasn't going to be showed, just the render that is being passed around. In any case, a couple other images hit the net: this one showing what appears to be a 64MB memory card inserted into the system and this side shot of the console with a 40GB hard drive attached.

More Rumors

More Xbox 360 Rumors: Halo 2.5, Launch Lineup

Okay, grain of salt time. IGN's rumor column has a few intriguing tidbits. First, the biggie. Halo 2.5 will be available launch day and it will come pre-loaded on the hard drive. It will feature high-res textures, widescreen res, 720p, and cut-scenes that don't feature LOD pop-in. I would assume it'd also have all the new maps. If true, smart move; the $399 console with the hard drive has a pack-in game and everyone now has a reason to buy the hard drive separately. The other rumor is that the system will have 40 titles available the first month. 15-20 at launch, and ten more each two weeks. Some names being tossed around are Perfect Dark Zero, Test Drive, the new Need for Speed, PGR3, Burnout 4, and a Namco racing title. Can't ever have enough racers, apparently.

just a little second sourcing & rumor back-up

but xbox releasing @ $399.00 w/ hard drive & Halo 2.5 pre-loaded, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume $299.00 w/o hdd.

Also why so many racing titles @ launch, and 40 launch window titles!!!! thats impressive if true.  

Edit: posted in wrong thread - but has already been replied to

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2005, 01:21:09 PM »
"but xbox releasing @ $399.00 w/ hard drive & Halo 2.5 pre-loaded, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume $299.00 w/o hdd"

What a rip-off.  The Xbox came with a hard drive for $300 so it shouldn't cost an extra $100 to get the hard drive version.  Halo 2.5 is a total rip off too.  Hey thanks for buying an unfinished version of the game.  Now buy a $400 console to get the REAL version.  That's the problem with taking such a huge loss the first time around.  You have to raise prices to make a profit next time.

The multiple console price points idea that MS and Sony are both rumoured to be going with have a huge flaw: the barebones model is as expensive as last gen's "full" console launch prices.  No one is saving any money by buying the cheaper model.  The options are "expensive" and "even more expensive".  This can give Nintendo a legitmate advantage in price.  Last gen the Cube wasn't quite cheap enough to make a difference but if you can get the Rev with a hard drive and all the essential features included for less than the barebones 360 and PS3 models that's going to make a bigger impact.  How is MS going to justify the extra $100 for a hard drive if Nintendo includes a hard drive and charges at most the same price as the barebones 360 model?

40 titles though is unbelievable.  And by that I mean not believable.  I doubt there will be that many.  There will either be a lot of junk and PS2/Xbox ports (probably what EA's titles initially will be) or many of those titles will be delayed or cancelled outright.  Still the goal of having so many titles is a good one to have and at the very least if MS puts in the effort to try to get that many titles the result will still be a fair amount of titles even if it's not quite 40.  I doubt Nintendo will even come close to have many launch period games (in fact I'm worried they'll have less than 10).  Just the fact that MS feels that having a lot of titles early on is important will get a good word of mouth going and will please fans.

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2005, 03:53:21 PM »
If the Detachable HD can trully play MP3s like the rumors say... then its not a ripofff...

and Burnout 4 as a launch title... cool stuff... Loved Burnout 3

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2005, 09:18:13 AM »

How is MS going to justify the extra $100 for a hard drive if Nintendo includes a hard drive and charges at most the same price as the barebones 360 model?
Easy.  Nintendo is the kiddie.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2005, 11:27:37 AM »
Personally, I'm convinced since this generation that price doesn't make a huge difference.  Granted, PS2 and Xbox had DVD players, which were becoming a hot item at the time, but then again, if Nintendo has the same features this time around, how is it going to be profitable and keep its price lower than the other two?  Only if they're ripping consumers off, and I don't think Microsoft is ripping people off...I think it was just being really nice with the Xbox.  Will there be a feature on Xbox 360 or PS3 that makes them stand out the way DVD did?  I don't think so, but DVR could come close.

As for racing games, I think we see so many early on because it's easy to make them.  That doesn't mean it's easy to make a good one, but compared to adventure-like games where people expect lots of "moves", artificial intelligence, varied terrain, and of course a story and characters, racing games maybe require a little less planning and careful design.  Throw together a bunch of cityscapes and put in tons of car models and lots of people are happy.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2005, 09:17:52 AM »
Those are rumored prices bud, don't think anything is finalized yet.

Just like all those claiming the PSP was going cost $500+ :0.

That's why I don't jump the gun anymore--with the internet there's alot of "I have inside info for my uncle's brother's sister who married joe with one toe".

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2005, 11:54:50 AM »
urrm...if I'm looking at that picture right...one controller port? o_o

Yeah, I didn't expect to see the real console on MTV...but we'll see it at E3 the next day anyway so whatever.

And I agree with Ian...2.5 = wtf?

I'm also very skepitcal that 40 titles will be available in the launch frame...does DS even have that many titles out yet? o_O
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42