Author Topic: Xenon / Xbox 2/360 to incluse eye-toy like camera  (Read 1609 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Xenon / Xbox 2/360 to incluse eye-toy like camera
« on: March 19, 2005, 09:56:57 AM »
TeamXbox.com

The camera, mounted on a TV to capture a player's gestures, would rival Sony's EyeToy, told J Allard, Chief XNA Architect, to Bloomberg.

"We're trying to take some learnings from what our competition has done with cameras that let players control games", said Allard at the Games Developers Conference in San Francisco. "We've got a couple of those answers. We're going to turn that into a couple of solutions."

Another possibility could be to allow Xbox 2 owners to attach a digital camera to the console, allowing them to manipulate digital photos. Allard said that might be an “interesting idea”.

"That's the kind of thinking that really does open up the market, opens the door and opens consumers' eyes to the brand," he said.

Microsoft Japan’s Xbox division has released a product called Xbox Video Chat that uses a camera for videoconferencing but it seems Microsoft's plans for the next generation is to take the use of this camera to a totally new level.
Post about xbox video chat 6-16-2004

Nintendo came out an idea (GB Camera)
Sony turned it into a game+ (EyeToy)
Nintendo shows praise for Sony doing it first
Microsoft tries to make it standard  

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Xenon / Xbox 2/360 to include eye-toy like camera
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 03:56:43 PM »
I believe this comic expresses my feelings on the matter  
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Xenon / Xbox 2/360 to include eye-toy like camera
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 06:34:21 AM »
Exactly. The first thought when I read that (somewhere else first) was: Man, that's gonna open a whole shitload of ways for those idiots online to annoy you with pictures of their genitals, asses and various images they grabbed off the web and printed out. XBL is already criticised for the number of annoying morons on there, would adding a camera really be conductive to the quality of gaming? And besides, will the parental lock allow disabling the webcam?