Author Topic: DDR  (Read 14536 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2003, 12:02:41 PM »
Is this a good deal? It's 2 RedOctane dance pads (which I've heard are among the best soft pads) and DDR MAX for the PS2 at $69.99 starting and a buy it now for $75 I believe. Shipping's $25, but it appears to me this is a really good deal, since the game itself is some $40 and Ignition's dance pads tend to be pretty expensive.

::EDIT:: Then again, I was looking at the specific dance pads the guy is offering and they go for roughly $24 each- that's $88 combined if you add in another dance pad and the game, which is less expensive than what he's offering with shipping, and an online retailed would probably have better shipping charges. Besides, I could get a better pad new and the game for a little less, actually. Guess I'll keep looking.

Yeah, Ty, let's pretend that I'm not a *freak* like you and don't need the best pad there is out there.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
DDR
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2003, 10:34:31 PM »
That's a fine deal indeed, but I can't stand RedOctance pads, they're like standing on giant squishy marshmallows - still, they're better than regular soft pads.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2003, 02:05:51 PM »
I found a better auction (which I won)- it was 2 Deluxe Ignition pads (which initially went for $130 each- not sure what they are now, but I assume expensive) new for $29.99. Shipping's another $25, making the total $54.99. I'd say that's a pretty great deal for 2 top of the line pads new. I still have to buy the game, but I'm happy.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2003, 02:29:15 AM »
Hey, what DDR games do you guys recommend? I'm planning on picking up DDR Max for my PS2, but should I get some of the PSX ones, as well?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
DDR
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2003, 05:55:59 AM »
DDR Max (USA) is great, and Konamix for PSX is pretty good, too (30 bux or less for 52 songs). The original USA DDR doesn't have many songs at all, so don't pay too much for it. And then there's, er, Disney mix...

If you want to get into any import shenanigans, I'm pretty sure all of those are very good.

Offline -=Manaknight=-

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2003, 07:12:25 AM »
Another fun solution if you're looking for a dance pad is to do what my friend and I did. He had bought a cheap Mad Catz dance pad and eventually the sensors in the pad were bunching up inside the mat and it was becoming unresponsive. So we dismantled the pad and reassembled it over a piece of drywall (it was all we had to work with although any large flat surface would work).  We made sure each layer of the pad's inner pieces were laid out as flat as possible so that there would be no more bunching. Now it works better than ever and it's way more sturdy!
Am I a man dreaming I'm a butterfly? Or am I a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you think and feel is real.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2003, 05:51:30 PM »
You just described what I did today, good stuff so far.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
DDR
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2003, 10:20:09 AM »
I just  got DDRMAX for my brithday, whcih was yesterday. Since my pads won't be here until later this week, I've just been screwing around playing with the d-pad and face buttons. I was a bit surprised to see a workout mode, though. Interesting that even Konami has recognized that a good session of DDR can be a great workout.