Author Topic: Do I need GBA for singleplayer on gamecube?  (Read 1885 times)

Offline mjcatl2

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Do I need GBA for singleplayer on gamecube?
« on: November 16, 2004, 11:46:08 AM »
I recently got a gamecube and have not had a game system in years.... I haven't played Zelda since the original NES games and am interested in Four Swords - but can I buy it without having a GBA?  I won't likely have anyone joining me in playing the game so the multiplayer function is of little value to me.

Does the Gamecube version have the Link to the Past game?

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Do I need GBA for singleplayer on gamecube?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 12:02:20 PM »
Nope Link to the Past was ported to the GBA if your interested in that. For single player you can use your standard controler but multiplayer requires each player a GBA.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
RE: Do I need GBA for singleplayer on gamecube?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 12:13:10 PM »
You don't need a GBA if you're only playing single-player. Whenever you enter something that's supposed to be on your GBA, a "virtual GBA" pops up on your screen, and you just play inside that with your regular controller. They couldn't do that in multiplayer, because it'd block the screen and get in everyone else's way. But in single-player it's just fine.

The port of LttP was only available on the GBA. And actually, the Four Swords on the GBA is different from the one on the Cube. The Cube's Four Swords is the sequel to the GBA's Four Swords. But the Cube's Four Swords game is much more enjoyable as a single-player game than the original was. I think you'll really enjoy it, even if it's just as a single-player game, and you haven't played the original.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 12:17:07 AM »

Originally posted by: ruby_onix

The port of LttP was only available on the GBA. And actually, the Four Swords on the GBA is different from the one on the Cube. The Cube's Four Swords is the sequel to the GBA's Four Swords. But the Cube's Four Swords game is much more enjoyable as a single-player game than the original was. I think you'll really enjoy it, even if it's just as a single-player game, and you haven't played the original.

Maybe because the original didn't have single-player?
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline mjcatl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 06:11:13 AM »
Thanks for the info!

I was actually considering getting the GBA Player for the Gamecube as I enjoyed the old Zelda, Mario and other games on the old NES.  When I found out this week that the NES Zelda games were in a Gamecube collection, I ordered it.  I am still interested in some other GBA games so I still think I might get the adapter.....