Author Topic: Mafia 89: RECVMake Neighbor Day 2  (Read 30724 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia 89: RECVMake Neighbor Day 2
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2022, 06:50:57 PM »
Encryptor message

Oh this is interesting.  There is a message from the encryptor.  Not sure what it means but it is interesting nonetheless.

"Don't listen to Khush!!! Khusheses is always nasty filthy liars and mafia!! You NEVER TRUST HIM! Don't be fooled by his lies. True townie will vote for Mop it up. Confirmed to be Mafias!"
This sounds like gollum. Is there an RE character that talks like this?

Nobody talks like Gollum. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2022, 08:06:24 PM »
Yes player agency is important because otherwise it would just be a waiting game till most folks are on the Ashford Mafia. 

Oh, I'm willing to wait!  ;D  8)

Also want to point out an important tenet to Mafia games in general.  Play to your role that you received.  I remember one game, Power Rangers Mafia, where I started as a normal townie and then Rita made me a monster so I would be on the Mafia's side but I was still playing as I was a townie and folks got really upset at me after the game.  I want folks to not deal with that type of situation.

Not to rehash old games but I'd say there is a difference in hedging your bets to keep options open in case you end up getting a switcheroo this game vs still playing for the other side after a switcheroo has happened. At that point, you are locked into a faction. Right now, there's the possibility of a faction swap for a lot of players so its something I think should be considered when deciding what the priority target and voting strategy may be.

Encryptor message

Oh this is interesting.  There is a message from the encryptor.  Not sure what it means but it is interesting nonetheless.

"Don't listen to Khush!!! Khusheses is always nasty filthy liars and mafia!! You NEVER TRUST HIM! Don't be fooled by his lies. True townie will vote for Mop it up. Confirmed to be Mafias!"
This sounds like gollum. Is there an RE character that talks like this?

Sounds like nickmitch to me based on how he's been so eager to target me in the pm game!  >:( I'm just getting attacked from all sides this game!  :'( I've done nothing to you all but host multiple games for you to enjoy!!  ;)

Welp, I hate to do it since I'd prefer to see what wily schemes she may get up to but if she's confirmed Mafia then I guess I'll do my part and un-Vote Mop it up. Maybe then the Encrypter will see that I'm also a true townie and not be so mean!  :(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 12:00:19 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2022, 08:16:03 PM »
I'm always up for a good ol' fashioned chaos option, a tie would be okay with me. On that note, I do find it odd that lolmonade didn't let the tie stand yesterday to allow that same random chance to do its thang. He hasn't shown up for today's thread though and isn't very active in general, so I guess he didn't know the tie rule.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2022, 08:34:19 PM »
4 hours left in the day. 

Vote tally

Order.RSS-1
TopHatAnt123-1
Mop it up-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2022, 10:17:30 PM »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2022, 10:36:18 PM »
I'm unsure how the encryptor would know that Mop it up is mafia at this point in the game.

But with nothing else to go on, to avoid a tie I'll throw my lot in with them.

Vote Mop it up

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2022, 11:15:29 PM »
vote mop it up
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2022, 11:24:07 PM »
1 hour left in the day

Mop it up-3
Order.RSS-1
TopHatAnt123-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2022, 12:13:57 AM »
17 minutes left in the day. 

Mop it up-3
Order.RSS-1
TopHatAnt123-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2022, 12:27:17 AM »
I've been told an interesting second opinion. What if Alexia got lucky and recruited the detective at the start of the game? That could now have led to today's situation with the Encryptor providing false information. (And let me say, with all that Khush talk at the start of the message, it really does seem to be dripping with incorrect ideas.) It could also be that the Encryptor was recruited and is now giving false information. As such, I think there needs to be a second message explaining somethings from the encryptor for Day 3 on this matter. It's possible the detective found the encryptor and has found a mafia member but why not state the mafia member's role that was supposedly discovered?

As such, I will instead throw my vote in a different direction: Vote Nickmitch

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2022, 12:27:56 AM »
Vote Nickmitch

I don't really have another choice in saving myself.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2022, 12:30:58 AM »
Thread locked and tallying votes....

Vote tally

The Perm and TopHatAnt123 voted Mop it up
Khushrenada and Mop it up voted for Nickmitch
Order.RSS voted for TopHatAnt123

So we have a two way tie between   Mop it up and Nickmitch.

Here is how things can work.

One of the players voting for a player can either unvote their vote to cause the other player in the tie to be voted out.    Order.RSS can change their vote fromTopHatAnt to one of the players in a tie. 
Another option is that someone who hasn't voted can vote for either Nickmitch or Mop it up to make one of those players have 3 votes and thus breaking the tie.

If none of those happen within the 30 minute tie break period then I will randomly kill someone alive.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 12:43:09 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2022, 12:43:42 AM »
30 minutes tiebreaking period starts now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2022, 12:52:57 AM »
Vote Nickmitch to safe my dear old friend Mop it up (and avoid an unfortunate player role getting whacked I hope)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2022, 12:55:43 AM »

Vote tally

One of the players voting for a player can either unvote their vote to cause the other player in the tie to be voted out.    Order.RSS can change their vote fromTopHatAnt to one of the players in a tie. 
Another option is that someone who hasn't voted can vote for either Nickmitch or Mop it up to make one of those players have 3 votes and thus breaking the tie.

If none of those happen within the 30 minute tie break period then I will randomly kill someone alive.

Geez Louise, BeautifulShy! You're tallying the vote an hour before the day ends, 17 minutes before the day ends but it takes 30 minutes to retally it again? What's that all about?  ;D ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2022, 12:56:11 AM »
Tie Broken.   

Nickmitch is voted out. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2022, 12:59:26 AM »

Vote tally

Geez Louise, BeautifulShy! You're tallying the vote an hour before the day ends, 17 minutes before the day ends but it takes 30 minutes to retally it again? What's that all about?  ;D ;)

I was finishing the last of the Pelicans and Suns game as I was tallying things and I also had to type out who was voting for who in the tie so folks would know who could change their votes and making sure of the rules on tiebreakers so I was absolutely sure on it.     I triple checked who was voting for who.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2022, 01:12:06 AM »
Okay night actions start now and run for 24 hours unless I receive all the night actions and confirmation on that action.   

Alexia Ashford you can send me a message to me if you wish to neighborize or use a hit.   One or the other every two days.  Grow your team or take out a player? 

Claire you can send in your investigation or save it and have two tomorrow night if not roleblocked.

Steve Burnside you can self protect and/or protect someone.  You can also self protect and protect someone but note you will use up one of your self protects even if you are not targeted.

Sadler you can roleblock someone tonight.     

Alexis, she/her/Miss