Author Topic: Smash DLC Character To Be Revealed At Keighley Event Tonight  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Smash DLC Character To Be Revealed At Keighley Event Tonight
« on: December 10, 2020, 05:01:00 AM »

As a result, 96% of the awards will be handed out in two minutes on the preshow instead of the planned 75%.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/55732/smash-dlc-character-to-be-revealed-at-keighley-event-tonight

Smash Bros Ultimate's 9th DLC character is going to be revealed at an alleged awards show.

Nintendo have confirmed the reveal of the next character from Fighter's Pass 2 will be held tonight at "The Game Awards". The show itself begins with a pregame event at 6:30 p.m. ET.

The 2018 version of this event saw the announcement of the second DLC character Joker, who also has a game going up for preorder around the start time of the event. Last year, Nintendo announced Bravely Default II and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Smash DLC Character To Be Revealed At Keighley Event Tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 01:24:18 PM »
I look forward to being utterly underwhelmed, as has been the standard of quality with the 2nd Fighter's Pack so far.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 04:50:27 PM »
Ten V-bucks says it's someone from Fortnite.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »

Would be worth it for the meltdowns alone.

Personally I'm going to predict Crash followed by a Crash 4 Switch port to go with it.  We got Banjo and Terry in the first round of DLC, so Crash would fill a similar spot this time.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »

Would be worth it for the meltdowns alone.

Personally I'm going to predict Crash followed by a Crash 4 Switch port to go with it.  We got Banjo and Terry in the first round of DLC, so Crash would fill a similar spot this time.

Crash would be an acceptable addition. He's been on Nintendo devices & unquestionably was once a major gaming icon.

Better him than Master Chief, a "character" I'm increasingly nervous Nintendo might actually add, considering their relationship with Microsoft.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 06:35:52 PM »
Perfectly fine with Crash especially to continually make PlayStation All-Stars look even worse. Lara Croft would similarly fit the bill and there would be more female representation.

I kind of want Doomguy if only for the Doom/Animal Crossing memes.

As long as the character originated from a video game (i.e. not Goku), I’m fine with it. All the choices so far have made sense even if I don’t give a fork about Terry Bogard or Steve.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 07:10:57 PM »
Not mad that it’s Sephiroth though a little surprised Nintendo went back to the Final Fantasy VII well. I wonder if Square Enix is still going to be stingy with the music. 😒

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 07:44:47 PM »
Not mad that it’s Sephiroth though a little surprised Nintendo went back to the Final Fantasy VII well. I wonder if Square Enix is still going to be stingy with the music. 😒

This was my first question as well.  The character is cool, but if SE is going to be stingy with the music AGAIN, then it's a disappointment.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.