Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 931242 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
TV sucks.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
So, has the hiring standard of NWR just become "Must oppose Khushrenada" because there doesn't seem to be any other unifying standard than that. Why hasn't Stevey been made Director of this site already?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
To be fair, the pool of "those who oppose Khush" is much larger than the other pool. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

I shall have to lick my wounds now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I don't even know who I'm talking to anymore.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
That's good. I don't know if you know this about me but I like to keep my identity private and personal information to myself so if you are unable to even recognize me when talking to me, I've done my job.

You know when you watch a scary movie and there is that guy that talks to himself and secretly knows what is going on while he watches everyone else die from having sex and then he just disappears half way through the movie only to return at the very end to save the day, that is me. Except when the big reveal was that was the killer all along. The only person I killed was Khush and took over his account to dupe you guys into liking me. So far it's not working out how I planned.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Maybe you should have taken over somebody's account who people liked and respected instead.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

I thought about that but such a person does not exist here.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Vote Lucariofan99: as a fighting type he can't handle the confusion of a mafia game.

I have no regrets or shame.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
or no life!
ohhhhhhhhhhhh! ;D
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
The more PM's I get from Khush about the rules, the more obvious it becomes that he never bothered to read them in the first place.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I didn't read them either, but I had the decency to not even pretend to care enough to ask questions.

J.P. Corbran

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
It never hurts to ignore everything he says
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
The more PM's I get from Khush about the rules, the more obvious it becomes that he never bothered to read them in the first place.

Care to show me where in your rules it mentions that voting out the godfather nullifies their hit that night?

I went back and found out where you talked about mafia hits. It was tucked away under your tie-breaking rant that went no where. Since it was copied from last game, I just skimmed that section thinking it was all the same. Didn't realize you'd stuck something new in there after everything else before it was the same as last game and you did nothing to highlight the text as being new.

Plus, there was a time that I read the text the host had put up stating the day ended at Midnight PST and it nearly got me killed. So, I prefer not to let anymore misunderstandings occur by asking the host questions to get the direct answer as there will probably be less chance of a mistake that way. Fun fact! Other players do that with me all the time. Like last game. Despite having posted many rules which had the answers to questions I was asked, I still got a lot of questions from people who either missed them in the rules or never checked them. It's part of the job of being a host and I doubt it is that big a deal.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
It should just be accepted practice for a host to run the rules past Khush before starting the game, since he's got such a knack for figuring out unintended loopholes in things.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
But I don't want to read the rules.........

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile

Care to show me where in your rules it mentions that voting out the godfather nullifies their hit that night?

It doesn't, I only established that rule because I felt like messing with the imperials when Stratos was supposed to die.

Oh and on the off chance that Stratos dies you won't be able to make a hit. Just an fyi.

Funfact: I sent that message fully aware that stratos would be saved that day just to see what would happen.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
That was a fun game. I kind of want to run a "dueling mafia" game where the godfather's are immune to the hits and know who each other are. Sort of a true battle of whits between them to sway the townies and try to defeat the other side. Make it more of a mental chess game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
That was a fun game. I kind of want to run a "dueling mafia" game where the godfather's are immune to the hits and know who each other are. Sort of a true battle of whits between them to sway the townies and try to defeat the other side. Make it more of a mental chess game.

That has potential.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
If you remember my musings about hosting a "dueling host" game, this is probably a better application of my main mechanic. Have two designated "deity" players who each control a mafia and have a goal to control the game.

Another idea that could play well with this is... I'll move this to the Mafia thread ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Off-topic comments being moved to other threads where they will be on-topic comments? You, sir, have just violated the number one rule of the NWR Forums! Derail everything.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I'll try harder next time.

My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I've compared the relationship between myself and Khush to Dave Nelson and Bill McNeil on NewsRadio, and the third episode of season four, "The Public Domain," in addition to probably being the best episode of that show, is I think the perfect example of that in motion.

J.P. Corbran