Author Topic: Batman Movies  (Read 36239 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Batman Movies
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2020, 10:14:11 PM »
A batman movie where he actually does some detective work is honestly a dream come true for me. Very excited for this now.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2020, 10:46:02 PM »
This is looking very interesting. I'm most curious as to how they'll approach his combat. Pattinson is on the lean side so I'm hoping we'll see some more agility/evasion based combat rather than the usual brawn approach.

Looks like they're pushing Riddler as the main villain in this one.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2020, 11:04:00 PM »
Considering the last time the Riddler was in a Batman movie I was in 5th or 6th grade then great.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2020, 11:09:45 PM »
Considering the last time the Riddler was in a Batman movie I was in 5th or 6th grade then great.

I just hope that the Joker stays the hell away from it. Bring on the Riddler.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2020, 11:32:03 PM »
Wow, that trailer was great.  With all the superhero movies we have now a days, focusing on Batman being an actual detective for once is a great choice.  Hopefully the final movie will be similar to the tone of the trailer.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2020, 02:58:15 AM »
Looks interesting.
Just came to post it in the other thread

But clearly that and more has already happened.
I'll watch them all later.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2020, 05:51:08 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VL7EBxHSxU

I just remembered Matt Reeves directed Let Me In, and Richard Jenkins character looked sort of like the Riddler was in The Batman trailer. It also reminds me of how dark Matt Reeves can go.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2020, 03:30:04 PM »
Batman was apparently served undercooked.... Robert Pattinson now test positive for Covid-19. Production temporarily halted...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/09/09/robert-pattinson-the-batman-coronavirus

All jokes aside (regardless of how bad they are) I hope it's a mild or asymptomatic case to which a full recovery is made. Hopefully no one else caught it too.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2020, 11:41:02 PM »
It's been a bad week for superhero movies. I hope he gets better with a full recovery.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2020, 01:25:15 AM »
Aw, jeeze.  Also hoping for no long-term effects for the guy.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2022, 12:34:36 AM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2022, 06:24:56 PM »
As for villians in the next movie, I would like to see Catwoman and or the Riddler. The could fit well in this Batman universe. Catwoman is a villainess that confuses Batman's loyalties. Sometimes she's good, sometimes she's a thief.

The Riddler is best to view him as a man with an ego. He want's to flaunt his intellectual superiority. That's the way I've always viewed the reason he leaves clues behind in his crimes. He's so certain that he can outsmart everyone, he even leaves hints behind to help people because he's sure he can still beat them by giving them a handicap.

Recently in the comics, The Riddler has gone straight and become a rival detective of Batman's. He gets more joy out of solving a crime before Batman can figure it out. That goes back to my belief about him wanting to show off his intellectual superiority. A person like that could work in this "realistic" Batman world. A movie about elitism. I like it.

the last two movies were in Chicago

i get sort of a dirty harry vibe out of nolan's movies

as for riddler..i was thinking...I watched the last 2 seasons of dexter religiously, and the ice truck killer was one who left little clues as to who he was, i imagine riddler as leaving dead bodies all around with little clues, little does batman know he works for wayne enterprises.

I dug up these relevent posts from 14 years ago.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2022, 11:31:17 PM »
I think this will be the definitive The Batman Breakdown   Full Movie Analysis & Details You Missed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYjCTKgXS9Y
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 05:28:27 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GarrettPatton

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2022, 11:23:15 PM »
The theme of Batman movies is always attractive even with cartoons. Also looking forward to the new version of the film https://modsuper.com/tr/inat-tv-pro
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 11:20:39 AM by GarrettPatton »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2022, 12:43:50 AM »
I think this will be the definitive The Batman Break downingull  Full Movie Analysis & Details You Missed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYjCTKgXS9Y

This was a really good breakdown! I actually loved The Batman, and it might be my favorite film adaptation. I think he didn't cover enough of the tension Bruce had to have felt with The Riddler possibly having found out his secret. There's also quite a bit of this Bruce Wayne being all-in on being Batman to the point of: 1) not keeping up with his accountants, 2) being a recluse (and not a playboy as he usually is), and especially 3) not being involved with his father's legacy in a public way. He's so early in his career that he hasn't yet mastered being Bruce Wayne, and he's not even great at being Batman yet.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2022, 05:27:25 AM »
If you ignore the details that Bruce isn't sure who his parents killer is in The Batman, The Batman fits as a followup to Batman Begins. The Dark Knight and The Batman are both year 2 batman films. That's the main thing I didn't like about the Dark Knight Rises was how they shelved Bruce for several years. I liked the movie, and it had some cool bits, but the idea he didn't do anything for several years meant he didn't do a lot.