Author Topic: Final Fantasy Is Being Well Represented On Switch  (Read 4293 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Is Being Well Represented On Switch
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 04:12:06 PM »
For me, the version of FF7 that became as iconic as the game is is the PS1 version so that's the version I'm interested in playing for the first time. If Square is doing some kind of reimagining than I can't say i'm particularly interested in that kind of thing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:12:04 PM by pokepal148 »

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 07:01:01 PM »
This is why announcing a game years in advance is a terrible idea.

There’s also a disconnect between what fans have been asking for and what Square Enix has announced it is planning. Fans pretty much want Final Fantasy VII with fully 3D high definition assets, and to that end, farming out the remake to an outside developer makes sense. Said team would largely need only oversight and supervision especially if given the PC source code.

But Square Enix practically wants a brand new game with the original scenario as the skeleton for the remake. It has very specific aims for this project and trying to relay all of it to an external, contracted team it doesn’t have direct day-to-day involvement with was only going to be a disaster. The best thing that happened to the remake bringing it in-house last year. The second best thing that can happen to the remake would be for Square Enix to be less ambitious particularly if it doesn’t want to devote the same amount of resources as a new project.

For anyone wondering why Square Enix is releasing the origin with a remake in development, my best guess is the company is changing so much of the original game with the remake so it can sell people two versions of the same game.
No the best thing to happen to the remake is for Nomura to be kicked off. I need to get back to my stupid kingdom hearts thing but from what I've heard Nomura is really good at managing projects, hence why FF15 was rebooted 18 times until he was kicked out of that mess.

And yet, Final Fantasy 15 STILL released unfinished and largely dissatisfied people, and Square Enix has had it in AAA Early Access for years. With the DLC coming out next year, they MIGHT actually have a finished game.

Personally, as someone who didn't love FF7 when it came out, I'm happy they're stripping that PoS down and rebuilding it from scratch into a modern game. I just wish that didn't also mean that that was pretty much all Square Enix was making for the next 5 years outside of yet more Marvel garbage and Just Cause.

Remaking FF7 was a fool's errand. You keep it basically the same with new graphics, and its dated design detracts from people's memory of it as a good game. You completely rebuild it, and you piss off the people who haven't played it in 20 years and remember it as better than it actually was. Yet, here we are because heaven forbid the FF7 fanbase doesn't, for the first time in their lives, get something they demand.

In case I'm being too subtle, I despise the entitlement of the general FF7 fanbase. They've had 3 games, a movie, and multiple animated spin-offs (not to mention cameos in other games), and yet that's still not enough so here we are. No other Final Fantasy fanbase gets catered to as much as that one, and no other Final Fantasy fanbase is as whiny.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:37:01 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline RPG_FAN128

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • RPG_FAN128 Programming
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 07:06:21 PM »
I have consistently said that my favorite Final Fantasy game on Nintendo consoles is the black sheep of the family (Crystal Bearers for Wii).  I don't know what to do with my life now. 

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 07:07:06 PM »
I have consistently said that my favorite Final Fantasy game on Nintendo consoles is the black sheep of the family (Crystal Bearers for Wii).  I don't know what to do with my life now.

One day, I'll get around to playing my copy of that game.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.