Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Invite to Mafia Championship Season 7

<< < (2/10) > >>

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on April 17, 2020, 03:56:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on April 17, 2020, 03:41:33 PM ---So I take it you aren't interested?

--- End quote ---

Not. At. All.

;)

--- End quote ---
added

Khushrenada:
Nooooooooo!!!

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on April 17, 2020, 04:05:54 PM ---Nooooooooo!!!

--- End quote ---
So you don't want to be the rep?     I was going by the winking emoji.  Like a reverse psychology thing.

pokepal148:
For the record I also got this PM like 2 weeks ago and completely forgot about it.

Khushrenada:
I'm actually serious about not being added. If I wanted to, I could have just declared myself the rep and joined up when I first got the pm and no one would have been the wiser. But I'm not. At various times, I've played Mafia on some other sites and in real life. None of it compares to the style and way we play it. I can't go anywhere else to get the same Mafia fix I can get here.

On the more petty side, I've never heard of this Mafia Universe site before. To my knowledge, none of their members crossover with ours or are part of our community. Suddenly, one shows up to advertise an event on their site? Forget it. But you gotta love the way this was done. There's an old forum rule I think of from time to time whenever someone suddenly joins to promote their YouTube channel or some other personal project and then leave: "Spamming the board with for-sale or advertisements for other sites." To me, it's an advertisement for their site. I don't know if your message was edited or you edited it when posting but the one I got mentioned this Mafia Championship as: "More importantly, it has created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and it has even led to people getting married, believe it or not :)" That reads like an advertisement to me in order to sell one on their product. However, rather than just post this invite, Lissa has gone to you and me to get a longtime member of the community to post if for them instead. Tricky, tricky. That way, Lissa isn't just showing up to "spam" her product and leave but using someone else for her dirty work so it wouldn't get taken down or rejected.

There's more to it than that which I could get into like why they suddenly need us or are reaching out to our community now for their 7th edition. If these bonds are so strong then what kind of disadvantage does that put on a new person suddenly joining their tourney or why they need other players now? But, at the risk of coming across too cynical, I'll leave it at that for now.

However, if you or anyone else wants to do it then go ahead. Best wishes. If you think it will be a fun experience then I hope it really is. I've just got my own personal hang-ups about it so I'm out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version