Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 7876 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Dexter
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »
I just love how Showtime did everything they could to ruin the suspense going into last weeks episode and then gave hints about the last episode & next season too.
Why would they spoil the episode moments before it started?
Why would they let me know that Dexter lives till next season seconds before the 2nd to last episode of the season begins? They should have kept the suspense going by hyping this as the last episode of the season... or the last episode of the series? Does Dexter survive to kill another day? Tune in to the next two episodes to find out!!

I'm fast forwarding it this week until the intro screen is done playing so Showtime can't ruin it for me this week like they did last week. & I think you guys are right, it might end with a cliff hanger, but hopefully they just have an extended final episode so that we can have a conclusion to this season and move on to the next.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »
I'm amazed by how they've kept the show so fresh after 3 seasons. Each season has a theme that they do really well.

Season 1: Introduction to who Dexter is and his past
Season 2: The hunter becomes the hunted
Season 3: Dexter's struggle with humanity, family/friendship life, and his code.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
season 4 dexter's world collapses
season 5 dexter becomes a jailbird(the same could happen on weeds)
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 05:36:50 PM »
season 4 dexter's world collapses
season 5 dexter becomes a jailbird(the same could happen on weeds)

I really hope he doesn't end up in jail. Hate to root for a serial killer but I'd be so depressed if it ended badly for him! BTW I loved the season finale, it didn't have a cliffhanger but still made you anticipate the next season
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »
Dexter's the man.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »
I bought the first season on blu-ray. I watched the first episode. I had a happy grin from beginning to end of the episode. It looks great in HD, of course I know they filmed it in HD, but still it's nice to watch it on a 50" instead of the 17" my LCD monitor has.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 05:22:37 AM »
Finished the second season. Way too much Deus Ex Machina.. and some of the psychology is off. Great show though.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 11:16:45 PM »
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet.  Dexter's one of my favorite shows.  I started watching before season 2 when someone recommended it to me.  I've been hooked ever since.  It's definitely the best written show that I know of.  The writers are so good at crafting a story, and they don't rely on cheap cliffhangers.  And the characters...  I love nearly all the characters.  (more of that at the end.)

Finished the second season. Way too much Deus Ex Machina.. and some of the psychology is off. Great show though.

I think I actually used that term on a message board sometime last season.  There was quite a bit of deus ex machina, but it never ruined the show for me.  At the time, the character of Lila mildly annoyed me, but it wasn't too bad.  Now, I can't even go back to any episode with her in it.  I cannot stand anything about the character.  Her accent, her pallor, her "vampire tits."  (Still makes me laugh.)  I don't know why that is...

I thought the third season got off to a horrible start.  The first four or five episodes were slow-moving and BORING.  I came very close to not watching anymore.  But, wow, what they did with Miguel was awesome.  And I totally love LaGuerta as a character now.  I hated her first season.  Hated her in the first book (though it was a somewhat different character).  I sort of came around to her last season when she was sleeping with Pascal's fiancĂ©.  But this season, they did a great job humanizing her.  Instead of the power hungry, unqualified woman, there's now a smart, confident lieutenant with feelings.

I love the gradual growth of characters like Deb and Angel.  Deb's really matured since the first season, to the point where she's gotten two promotions now.  She used to rely on Dexter so much for work-related stuff, but now she's doing it on her own.  And Angel used to be somewhat pathetic, but he's grown a bit, and now he's got his own little b-plot with the Italian chick.  You can tell the writing's great when you actually feel happy for a character.

I hate Rita though.  Liked her in the beginning, but she's been dead weight since she made Dexter go to NA.  She's nothing more than a plot device now to put Dexter in various situations.  I like Julie Benz, but as far as I'm concerned, she could leave the show and it wouldn't make any difference to me.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »
I agree about Rita, but she's definately gonna stick around now, right? I also loved the Miguel stuff, and I'm glad they started humanizing Maria. Until this season, I absolutely hated her. And I hated Lila last season from the get-go. Dexter is one of my favorite shows, though. Never a dull moment, and I can't wait to see where they go next season!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 05:08:35 PM »
Obviously Rita is going to be a plot device for Dexter, but does that really make her less interesting? I mean, she's pretty god awful now.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
Rita needs to marry dexter just so she can cheat on him
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post