Author Topic: Official Fallout 3 Thread  (Read 21805 times)

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official Fallout 3 Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
I heard someone complain about NPCs falling off ledges and respawning in an unreachable position in the PC version, is that an issue in the console versions as well?

I'm playing on the 360, and I've had NPCs be in unreachable positions.  They didn't respawn there or anything, they were just stuck there when I found them.

What's stranger is that I've entered areas where enemies or NPCs fall from the sky, land on the ground, then die.  One time, I walked out of the Jefferson Memorial (long before a certain story quest occurs), and some random Wastelander fell from the sky.  She had some good loot on her (including a key whose accompanying lock I have yet to find), but I have no idea where she came from.  Then there are other times where the corpse of an enemy I've already killed will fly up into the air when I enter an area.  Very strange.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »
IOW, a Bethesda game.

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2008, 07:02:30 PM »
I once encountered a Mireluck who was not only clipping through the ground, but have an epileptic seizure as well. :D

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2008, 09:25:33 PM »
It's cool, but I never used it. I first saw it during the Superhuman Gambit quest. If I do a second playthrough with bad karma, I plan on putting skill points into unarmed, so I'll probably use it then.

Pretty sure it would fall under Melee not Unarmed.

The PS3 version (mine) has an annoying bug where the action just pauses whenever a message from the system pops up onscreen, like "Bob is online." Then, five seconds later, "Bob is offline." It's annoying!

Probably best to turn off your notifications via the XMB while playing Fallout.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
Yeah it would. I'm still debating on picking either melee or unarmed.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2008, 01:42:14 PM »
I think I encountered an achievement bug last night.  I finished Scientific Pursuits and Tranquility Lane in one sitting, but only got the achievement for Tranquility Lane.  The Scientific Pursuits quest is grayed out in my Pip Boy, and there are no more steps to it.  So I assume that I finished that quest by starting Tranquility Lane, but never got the achievement.

I went to an earlier save today to finish the quest again, but I still didn't get the achievement.  This time, I know I saw "Scientific Pursuits Quest Completed" come up on the screen when Tranquility Lane started.  Very annoying.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2008, 12:48:47 AM »
So I played this game tonight. The intro level is fun and very well done. The game engine is very obviously Oblivion, but the character models aren't quite so hideous. Once you get topside though, the gameplay feels like a chore. So many options make me not want to do anything. The world is an unpleasant place to be as well. Maybe, I'm getting old, but spending 40+ hours among heaps of gray rubble just isn't a good time to me anymore.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2008, 01:33:24 AM »
I felt the exact same way, ShyGuy, until I actually started playing the game.  When I sit back and really think about it, there's no way I should like the game...but it's somehow compelling...I don't understand it.  While I would rather walk around the world of Oblivion, the combat was so terrible that I would dread dungeons because I hated to fight.  In this way the game became more of a photography game than anything since all I did (and still do) was walk around topside taking cool screenshots :P  With Fallout, however, I actually enjoy fighting and exploring a lot more...

If only the two games could be combined...
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2008, 11:23:40 AM »
If only the two games could be combined...

User modifications - FTW!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2008, 11:00:06 PM »
Oh man my Oblivion game is loaded up the ying yang with user mods, and I'm sure Fallout will end up the same way.  Unfortunately, I dont think there will ever be a proper The Elder Fall IV: Oblivout III mod :(

Plus there's the whole console crowd lol.  They get screwed.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa