Author Topic: Star trek: Tactical Assault  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Cap

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Star trek: Tactical Assault
« on: April 27, 2006, 08:55:29 AM »
finally a star trek game for a nintendo console, and even better its based around the original series! I've waited a long time for a star trek game....its too bad the screenshots look so crappy. i know the ds is capable of more than that. i'm thinking the game will make extensive use of the touch screen though.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/703/703457p1.html

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
RE: Star trek: Tactical Assault
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 05:45:35 AM »
Good to know someone else is interested in this game. I brought it up when Bethesda first announced it, and wound up with an empty thread too... maybe Star Trek and Nintendo really don't mix?

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 08:27:20 PM »
I like Star Trek. I like Nintendo. I might get this.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 07:14:05 PM »
It sounds like an intriguing game but why did they only include ships for the original Star Trek's era? I prefer the TNG era, especially for ship variety. Maybe it is because of limited cart space?
Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 07:18:45 AM »
Well if you don't stick to a single era the game does risk becoming horribly unbalanced. The worst ship from a major power in TNG could probably mop the floor with the best ships from TOS. And that's not even mentioning the ships from the Dominion Wars arc of DS9.

I wish though that they'd announce a deal with ADB to do the game in the extended Starfleet Universe, like the old SFC games.  

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 08:15:12 AM »
I can't wait for it, I was looking over some screen shots the other day and it looks really fun.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Cap

• View Profile
RE:Star trek: Tactical Assault
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 02:25:25 PM »
i guess i'm not the only star trek fan here.

some of the newer ships would have been nice, but i guess i just like the characters from the original series better. maybe it has something to do with my parents naming me Kirk.....and pretty much every single person you ever meet saying "Captain Kirk"(and all my close friends now call me Cap becouse of it)!

anyways, good to see i'm not the only one intersted in it.