Author Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows Over Valentia  (Read 3555 times)

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows Over Valentia
« on: April 07, 2017, 01:29:52 AM »
I am so ready for this game, man. I may not be able to play it right away because I've fallen between jobs, but Golly, I'm liking what they've decided to keep the same (besides maybe 60 Avo. on tombstones) and what they've changed. the art direction is great (even if it is weird that they gave Silque a gigantic rear end for no reason) and now that I know they've better fleshed out the dungeon stuff and put in Thracia's fatigue system, I'm seriously ready to enjoy what may be the west's first TRUE taste of some classic, pre GBA Fire Emblem!

Also, Gaiden is the fire emblem with the best soundtrack, hands down.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows Over Valentia
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:31:17 AM »
As someone with no great love of the franchise, but a respect for its foundations, I'm pretty interested in this game, as well. It seems different enough from the standard gameplay for me to give it a shot without shitting all over the series' fundamentals and difficulty, as opposed to Awakening and Awakening 2: Electric Boogaloo. There's also ideas in this game that I think should be considered in the Switch FE, such as dungeons (at least, they should be considered if they expect me to buy  FE Switch).
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 09:38:22 AM »
thsi game was for the longest time, considered the black sheep of the franchise, but it's kinda become a Simon's Quest/ Symphony of the Night type of situation now where they've evolved the series into something softer that is more RPG/dating sim than it is about strategic acumen and resource management, and at this juncture, I feel like they can pull from Fire Emblem Gaiden more, and this is a great way to introduce us to the mechanics and isn't say... slap-dash and sloppy looking like Shadow Dragon was.

I'm still holding out hope that someday the Judgral games get their chance in the limelight. I think having the return of stuff like giant maps and Leadership stars would be neat, and something like Geaneology's big twist about halfway through the game is something that is a far easier pill to swallow if say... you have something like the template set fourth by Fire Emblem Gaiden and smaller skirmishes along the way to be able to prepare for that eventuality.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 12:30:22 AM »
Well, FE1 & 3 were already remade, and now FE 2 is coming. So the next logical choice for remakes is 4/5. Since the next main title is FE Switch in 2018 I could see us getting "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Jugdral part 1 & 2" in 2020 using the Switch tech, similar to how we got Valencia off of the Awakening/Fates engine.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 04:39:29 AM »
the thing that's most striking though is how gunshy they seem to be about putting Judgral characters into Fire Emblem Heroes. I suppose the same can be said of Gaiden, but like... Seliph wasn't even in the game until an update, which shocked me.