Author Topic: Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS announced  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS announced
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 02:57:04 AM »
I like the art style, and more importantly, the brighter colors. I was never a fan of Monster Hunter's palette. It always seemed kind of drab to me.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:14 PM »
That's mean! Why would they make the monsters you have to kill cuter. I’m guessing they will just leave behind a treasure chest instead of you having to stab and carve the defeated monsters...

Looks good! I'm liking the bright, colourful cell shaded graphics. This entry might convince some friends to give the series a try, too.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »
I'm worried that it's a bit too cute for my taste. Not that I mind cute graphics, but it made me wonder if they are targeting a much younger audience for the game, or if it will lose some appeal for older fans who have a decent amount of experience with the series already.

That said, Monster Hunter + RPG sounds like a great match, and the trailer was absolutely adorable... so I'm very interested to hear more!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:25:27 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Online Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:48:13 AM »
Apparently Capcom has been working on this for about five years so I'm seriously hoping they make a decent combat system for this game rather than target the Yokai Watch audience.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »
I like the art style, and more importantly, the brighter colors. I was never a fan of Monster Hunter's palette. It always seemed kind of drab to me.

Have you played 4G? IT is a very bright game for the most part. Much brighter than Tri.

I really hope this game makes it to the West. Anything Monster Hunter is a great addition for me and it looks like a potentially fun game. Maybe something along the lines of Fantasy Life + Pokemon/Monster Rancher?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Online Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »
OH **** YO THIS GAME IS COMING WEST.

As someone thirsting for "not-Pokemon-Pokemon games," I'm looking forward to this one a whole lot.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.