Author Topic: Wii Fit Plus Dated For America, New Wii Remote and DSi Colors Unveiled  (Read 4855 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
The GameStop Manager Conference brings about news about Wii Fit Plus and new colors for Wii Remotes and the DSi.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=19891

At the GameStop Manager Convention in Las Vegas, Nintendo announced the release date and final price for Wii Fit Plus. Wii Fit Plus will be released for $19.99 and hit stores on October 4. In addition to the stand alone version a version that includes the Balance Board will replace the current Wii Fit package and will retail at $99.99.    

Wii Fit Plus Box

In addition, Nintendo also announced that two brand new DSi colors, white and pink, will be available on September 13. They will join the existing black and blue DSi units already available.    

White DSi    Pink DSi  

Finally, a black Wii Remote and Wii MotionPlus bundle is slated to come to North America this holiday seasons. Also, a black Nunchuk will be released alongside the bundle.    

Black Wii Remote Nunchuk and MotionPlus

Nintendo Unveils Wii Fit Plus Launch Date and New Colors of Nintendo DSi, Wii Remote    

Announcements Give Consumers New Options    

LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo today announced that the new Wii Fit™ Plus game will launch in North America on Oct. 4, and also revealed new colors for its popular Nintendo DSi™ system and for the revolutionary Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ controllers and Wii MotionPlus™ accessory. Starting Sept. 13, Nintendo DSi will be available in White and Pink, joining the Blue and Black versions already on the market. Additionally, this holiday season, Nintendo will release a new Black version of the Wii Remote bundled with a Black version of the Wii MotionPlus accessory, which brings precise motion control to games that have been designed for it. A Black version of the Nunchuk controller also will be available for the holidays.    

Nintendo of America President & COO Reggie Fils-Aime made these announcements in his keynote address at the 2009 GameStop Manager Conference.    

"All of these announcements bring more options and more choices to consumers as our industry heads into its busiest time of the year," Fils-Aime said. "Each of these products allows consumers to enjoy a more personal gaming experience, no matter how they choose to play."    

Here are the details of todayÂ’s announcements:    

* Wii Fit Plus: This enhanced version of the top-selling game offers a range of new features, along with new exercises, yoga activities and balance games designed to keep workouts fun. For the first time, users can customize their workouts to target specific areas of their bodies or to fill specific intervals of time. Wii Fit Plus will replace the current Wii Fit™ configuration at retail, and will be bundled with the Wii Balance Board™ accessory at a suggested retail price of $99.99. For people who currently own Wii Fit and want to add the expanded options to their fitness regimen, the Wii Fit Plus disc will be available on its own at a suggested retail price of $19.99.    

* White and Pink Nintendo DSi colors: The two new colors give consumers even more options to personalize their experiences. All models of the Nintendo DSi hardware come with two cameras and interactive options to let users create and manipulate pictures or sound in fun and creative ways. All versions of Nintendo DSi are available at a suggested retail price of $169.99.    

* Wii Remote and Wii MotionPlus Black bundle: The Black bundle is the first new color for the Wii Remote and Wii MotionPlus.    

* Black Nunchuk: The Black Nunchuk will be available as a standalone purchase.    

Remember that the Wii™ console features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about Nintendo products, visit www.Nintendo.com.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Fit Plus Dated For America, New Wii Remote and DSi Colors Unveiled
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 04:00:04 AM »
Now Nintendo just needs to announce the release date of the Black Wii and we can all be happy.

I just hope Nintendo is not saving the Black Wii & Black CCPro for a MHTri bundle.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:07:36 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Michael8983

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 05:33:50 AM »
The Wii Fit Plus stand-alone pricing is awesome and the updated bundle is sure to cause a re-surge in sales.
A definite win for Nintendo and non-gamers. The new DSi colors are cool but I when I do pick one up it will be in black. The black Wiimote and Nunchuck are nice but releasing them without the Black Wii is kind of lame. I'm more interested in what appears to be a black glove for the Wiimote. I wish Nintendo would simple sell that instead.

I wonder if the black Wiimote will come with the Motion+ add-on.
If so I'm all for it. I think it needs to become a new standard.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:35:48 AM by Michael8983 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »
I wonder if the black Wiimote will come with the Motion+ add-on.
If so I'm all for it. I think it needs to become a new standard.

Quote from: from the Press Release
Nintendo will release a new Black version of the Wii Remote bundled with a Black version of the Wii MotionPlus accessory, which brings precise motion control to games that have been designed for it. A Black version of the Nunchuk controller also will be available for the holidays.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 01:26:40 PM »
Why is it that I get excited for new wiimote colors?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
The Black Wii Remote would excite me if I didn't have 4 Remotes already. I also have two Nunchuks and MotionPluses, so I can't see myself using a new one. The pricing for Wii Fit Plus is very reasonable; I shall pick it up when it comes out.

Offline Stele

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »
The Black Wii Remote would excite me if I didn't have 4 Remotes already. I also have two Nunchuks and MotionPluses, so I can't see myself using a new one. The pricing for Wii Fit Plus is very reasonable; I shall pick it up when it comes out.

Same here. Actually have 4 Wiimotes, 4 nuncucks and 2 motion plus (from TW10 & WSR).  There's really not any need for any more controllers for me at this time. 

One of my Wiimotes does have a sticky trigger button... but still not sure if that's reason enough for a new one.  I need to find a special screwdriver to open it up and see if I can fix it first.  ;D 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 03:51:54 PM »
I am curious as to why the Wii Fit Plus/Wii Balance Board bundle will be $10 more expensive than the Wii Fit/Wii Balance Board bundle (which is $90). I already have it though, so I would only have to decide if I want to spend the $20 for the game.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 04:01:56 PM »
Probably because Wii Fit Plus is pretty much an expansion pack so they justified the 10 dollar increase due to the extra activities, modes and options that are not found in Wii Fit in addition to everything (or almost everything?) found in Wii Fit.

I guess think about it this way Wii Fit adopters paid 90 for Wii Fit and the board, if they want the extras in Wii Fit Plus that's another 20 so the total will be $110.  Wii Fit Plus includes everything  in the first Wii Fit (most likely) in addition to the new modes and etc, and the addition of the Balance Board in the package to price it at $100 which saves the consumer $10.   Or they simply figured the Balance Board is worth 80 and the Wii Fit Plus software is 19.99 so they priced it  as $99.99.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:08:26 PM by NWR_Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »
I am curious as to why the Wii Fit Plus/Wii Balance Board bundle will be $10 more expensive than the Wii Fit/Wii Balance Board bundle (which is $90).

If both were the same price you'd have a lot of unhappy retailers with inventory that wouldn't move.  The $10 price difference is large enough that some consumers will still purchase the regular Wii Fit.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 05:41:07 PM »
I still only have 2 Wiimotes and 2 Nunchucks. So I am happy for this Black Wiimote and Motion+ bundle.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 06:04:51 PM »
So the Balance Board really is an $80 accessory and Wii Fit is actually a $10 game? Pretty crazy. Does it really cost that much to manufacture the Balance Board or are they just charging that much because they can?

The black Wiimote doesn't interest me. I'm still holding out for a pink one.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »
I've had 3 Wiimotes for so long... just waiting for this day!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »
I don't suppose they're going to release the black Motion Plus separately, I'm going to have to go to eBay to get one for the black remote I already have. Early adopters always get screwed.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 08:44:15 PM »
I don't suppose they're going to release the black Motion Plus separately, I'm going to have to go to eBay to get one for the black remote I already have. Early adopters always get screwed.
I don't know if you technically qualify as an early adapter since the product wasn't available in your region.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
And this is why I held off on getting a 4th wiimote AND motion+.. sweet.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 01:30:23 PM »
That Black Wii Remote won't look fab with my white shotgun.

The Black Nunchuk will look even stranger if I put a blue silicon sleeve on it.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »
Perfect price for Wii Fit Plus. Kudos also for the black MP bundle; I'll definitely pick that up. Still need me a Classic Pro, though! I'll probably just import at this point, since it seems NOA will wait until at least next year, if they release it at all.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 11:40:22 AM »
Perfect price for Wii Fit Plus. Kudos also for the black MP bundle; I'll definitely pick that up. Still need me a Classic Pro, though! I'll probably just import at this point, since it seems NOA will wait until at least next year, if they release it at all.

I bet that they will launch alongside Monster Hunter Tri considering that Capcom helped Nintendo refine the design.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.