Author Topic: Smash Bros Spoilers: [spoiler]SONIC APPEARS[/spoiler]  (Read 6877 times)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Smash Bros Spoilers: [spoiler]SONIC APPEARS[/spoiler]
« on: October 09, 2007, 07:24:13 PM »
Surprised this thread hasn't sprung up yet.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:Smash Bros Spoilers: [spoiler]SONIC APPEARS[/spoiler]
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 07:51:57 PM »
lol, nice spoiler... and anyway here is the link:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826131p1.html

Seems Brawl has been delayed in Japan for awhile, US is getting it first... now they have to be worried about spoilers it seems.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 07:59:33 PM »
nobody is surprised
 The south will rise again

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 08:02:17 PM »

Originally posted by: The Ghost of Dale Earnhardt
nobody is surprised

Really, I was shocked... that Japan is getting it in 2008.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 08:17:38 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

Originally posted by: The Ghost of Dale Earnhardt
nobody is surprised

Really, I was shocked... that Japan is getting it in 2008.

Poor Japan.  Who am I kidding, they'll stand in 5 hours lines for WiiFit.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »
It's not just Japan folks.  The US Dojo updated release date info.  It's now listed as TBA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Smash Bros Spoilers: [spoiler]SONIC APPEARS[/spoiler]
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »
OH MY GOODNESS

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 10:33:50 PM »
Europe has finally swallowed up the rest of the world!

We known since E3 we're getting it in 2008. But really... did you think it was that feasible to get two mario titles, metroid, zelda AND smash bros within one year?

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 12:28:57 AM »
Delay Smash it's worth it. I'll have more time with Galaxy and Smash will get that nice final coat of paint. Also, HOLYFUCK SONIC IS IN BRAWL!!!1!1!!
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 02:28:45 AM »
Smash of Delay is ok with me...as long as Sonic is NOT the only character they add for this update...and perhaps it also means that we will get voice support in the game.

If I was Nintendo I would delay Brawl and Battalion Wars 2 until I could get voice chat in the game, and I would try to push up Wii Fit and perhaps even Super Mario Kart Wii for 2007 holiday season, because Kart online doesn't need chat ability, and Wii Fit would be a killer device for this holiday season.  

Nintendo gamers would still have the powerful Super Mario Galaxy as their big holiday game, and it would mean that 3rd parties would have a better holiday season on the Wii, killing that stupid concept that 3rd parties can't make a profit on the Wii.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 06:32:21 AM »
I'm fine with a delay. I wish Melee had been delayed, personally.

They can take as long as they need with Brawl, and the other reality is, they won't need Brawl to push Wiis this Xmas.

If I were them, I'd delay it until next Xmas to ensure the Wii sells big that Xmas too.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 06:40:09 AM »
I really want the game to be the best it could possibly be, so if theres a delay then thats fine. There are alot of thing i would improve in the last smash bros.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 07:47:44 AM »
I was surprised to see Sonic on the blog... not because I didn't expect him to be in the game, I just thought that if they were going to show him on the blog, they would have done it already.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 08:00:06 AM »
I figured they'd have waited until damn near launch.

They announced Sonic now to distract us from the release date slipping, which worked.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 08:22:42 AM »

If I were them, I'd delay it until next Xmas to ensure the Wii sells big that Xmas too.

Let's not get too hasty. Delays are fine, but a year long delay would suggest that there's something really wrong with the game and all indications point to it being almost finished. They'd just be adding more and more on top of what's already there and while more is certainly better most of the time, I think there's a point where something is complete enough to just let it go.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 08:30:09 AM »
Put mega man in it!!! that would be awesome.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
Let's not get too hasty. Delays are fine, but a year long delay would suggest that there's something really wrong with the game and all indications point to it being almost finished. They'd just be adding more and more on top of what's already there and while more is certainly better most of the time, I think there's a point where something is complete enough to just let it go.

While I do understand what you're saying, from Nintendo's business perspective, they have no reason to release Brawl until they're absolutely ready to.

They're swimming in money right now and the Wii still barely stays on store shelves. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they held off Brawl until the Wii sales began slowing down.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 09:00:56 AM »
Yes, but that's true of any of their titles. Why release Super Mario Galaxy either? They could delay that and add playable Luigi, extra levels, powerups etc. Wii has sold plenty with very few AAA games.

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 09:08:53 AM »
It's hard to say, if their working on fine tuning game mechanics or adding new characters.  It seems a delay would be most likely to fine tune things already in place.  Although if they recently got through some red tape for a new character that could be a good reason as well.
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »

Yes, but that's true of any of their titles. Why release Super Mario Galaxy either? They could delay that and add playable Luigi, extra levels, powerups etc. Wii has sold plenty with very few AAA games.

I don't know what AAAs they have next year, at this point, but I know they'll have Galaxy this year so they almost might as well push SSBB to next year to have that one AAA Xmas title.

They have some interesting concept games coming, but I've not seen anything which screams "must have" other than Galaxy and Brawl (from Nintendo, anyway).

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 01:34:53 PM »
Uh, I don't like to speculate over silly things, but uh...Uhhhhh...

UHHHH, WHAT IS THAT ON THE LEFT!?

(After watching this bit like 50 times, it is MOST LIKELY a Paratroopa, but it sure does look like Tails!  Someone go spread this rumour on the internet... )  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 03:23:43 PM »
It's clearly a paratroopa. A blurry one, but one nonetheless. You can more or less make out the wings and head.  

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »

Smash_Brother wrote:
I don't know what AAAs they have next year, at this point, but I know they'll have Galaxy this year so they almost might as well push SSBB to next year to have that one AAA Xmas title.

They have some interesting concept games coming, but I've not seen anything which screams "must have" other than Galaxy and Brawl (from Nintendo, anyway).

I think you may have misunderstood me..... Your point is to delay Brawl until next year because the Wii stills sells out and Nintendo could potentially hold it until sales wane. That may be true, but by that same logic, why release anything that's finished? They could delay Super Mario Galaxy as well for the exact same reason and add a bunch of new content while they're at it. My point, however, is that while they could delay these games for a sales slump, they shouldn't need to because they should still be making games of that quality. Why hold on to a game for an entire year just in case sales dip?

And so far, Mario Kart is coming out next year. Wii Fit could be big if the Wii Sports audience if willing to shell out upwards of $80 for it. 3rd party support is getting stronger, better and more consistent. I don't think Nintendo needs to hold on to Brawl as long as good games across the board in a variety of different genres come out for the Wii which is what they should be doing in the first place. They shouldn't need to use Brawl as a crutch to get them past possible hard times.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 07:24:30 AM »

I think you may have misunderstood me..... Your point is to delay Brawl until next year because the Wii stills sells out and Nintendo could potentially hold it until sales wane. That may be true, but by that same logic, why release anything that's finished? They could delay Super Mario Galaxy as well for the exact same reason and add a bunch of new content while they're at it. My point, however, is that while they could delay these games for a sales slump, they shouldn't need to because they should still be making games of that quality. Why hold on to a game for an entire year just in case sales dip?

Actually, I was suggesting that they probably figure Mario will have this Xmas covered and that there's no sense in launching two of their top games side by side for the same Xmas.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 03:34:26 PM »
I have this odd hunch that Sega allowed Nintendo to use Sonic only of they were allowed to do the olympics game, and the delay is somehow involved in that, to give the olympics game more chance to sell this christmas or something.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro