Author Topic: Superbad  (Read 5635 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Superbad
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 08:16:59 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Done right it is. It's all in the delivery...

Not really. Anyway I put Superbad with movies like American Pie, it is a "cool" teen or early 20s movie, where foul mouthed, over sexualized punks (Not everyone to be clear, but the group of kids I have seen going to that movie tend to be on the obnoxious side and aren't the kind of people I'd want to hang out with) go to see, then cause trouble afterwards.  So if I do see it, it will be at home without those kinds of people, then again American Pie was still terrible even doing that.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 06:08:11 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Falling down is at its funniest when something is knocked over in the process, preferably with something being broken.

Though the ultimate humour is when a character swears in a situation where it is incredibly inappropriate like in church or in front of kids.  So an adult being asked to speak in front of kids in Sunday school and accidently letting an f-bomb of is the funniest thing in the world.  Anyone can say "f*ck".  A true comedic genius knows WHEN to say "f*ck" to get the most laughs.  My favourite "f*ck" ever was in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry was in a broadway play and accidently gets elbowed in the ribs too hard by a castmate and breaks character on stage by yelling "OH F*CK!"

for some reason that reminded me of a really stupid idea my friend and i had one day that we both thought was histerical..

the idea came up when we were hanging out in my car listening to tunes, and a really funky song came on, and at a red light we started car dancing like morons. i did that stupid arm snake thing.. where you lock your hands to gether and make a ~~ motion, im sure you've seen someone do it and look like a tool... anywho so i did that, seperated the hands and let "the groove travel" from the end of one arm to the other, passed it off to him and he continued...

lol yeah, stupid i know... anyway, with that said.. i came up with a funny idea for the movie we always talk about making but never do. in it we would be doing that on the street and after i pass it off to him and he starts doing the dance, he bumps into an old woman using a walker, knocking the walker a few feet away and her flat on her face..

everything and everyone stops, its quite for 3 seconds and he goes to help her "ma'am are you ok, im so sorry"  and he touches her hand to help her up... and thats when she feels the funk! she starts doing the worm on the ground up to her walker, then straddles it and continus dancing. seeing that she's alright everyone around us cheers and boogies down.

its so retarded but it still makes us laugh when we think about it

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Superbad
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 06:15:13 AM »
EasyCure your film idea sounds like it would be good for a Superbowl ad.  It doesn't really matter what product it would be for.  FUNKY GRANDMA!!... oh by the way buy Castrol GTX.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 06:54:53 AM »
nah i see Funky Grandma becoming the new Doritoes chick ;-)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Superbad
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 09:40:17 PM »
You guys thought Superbad was funny?  Wait until Pineapple Express comes out.  Sooo freaking funny.  It's done by the same people and it apparently comes out 8/8/08 but dang if it isn't funny.  Saw an advance screening, and I highly recommend it.  Write it down.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 07:32:57 AM »
pineapple express eh? havent heard of that one. i did hear the same guys were doing a flick called Drillbit Taylor, but the trailer didnt look too funny which is dissapointing.

check it out for yourself here.

best part (to me) is at 00:18, i just love the way he says "aw damn!"