Author Topic: Xmas Wii Reactions...  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Xmas Wii Reactions...
« on: December 24, 2006, 07:08:59 AM »
So, I accidentally sold two more Wiis yesterday.

Company xmas party was at my home (family business and all) and two of my associates who work from their locations were there for it.

I overheard both of them saying, after playing the Wii, the EXACT same things I've been saying about it: "I haven't been interested in any of the consoles since the N64, but this is different.", "This feels like it could really get me up off the couch and get me moving.", etc.

We should be JUST about ready for round 2 of Wii reactions from family, friends, etc.

So let's hear 'em...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline RiskyChris

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Xmas Wii Reactions...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 07:23:12 AM »
Ugh a baby just threw up on my wiimote.  Kill me.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
RE:Xmas Wii Reactions...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 07:58:31 AM »
I just smashed a little precious moments knick knack thing while playing tennis.  Laughter was abundant from that point forward.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 08:22:07 AM »
Me and my nephew won't be getting one this year...but I hear our alternate dimension versions are having a BLAST (this is the same dimension the NWR staff visited where Wiis were very abundant ).
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 02:21:49 PM »
Still bitter about that, eh Pap?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Still bitter about that, eh Pap?

Nah, I was just kidding. I already said that I was done being bitter about not finding a Wii and moving on. I decided to do the NWR joke after I made mention of the alternate dimension.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 06:54:43 PM »
Well for Nintendo's sake this alternate reality should be the upcoming year.  (The US is not as forgiving as Japan when it comes to its supply, as Sony is learning somewhat.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 10:34:24 AM »
My mom actually requested that I bring it to my Grandparents' for Christmas.

My aunt told me it was worth waiting out overnight for, and my cousin is so hooked that she plans to harass her boyfriend into buying one (aren't boyfriends convenient?)  He'll probably be glad to oblige, but if not I wouldn't be surprised if she buys one herself.

My grandparents tried it but couldn't get the hang of the buttons.  I find it amazing how hard the buttons are for older folks...not to insult them, it's just really interesting to see how using the button to let go of the bowling ball is 100% foreign to people who don't play video games.  They did catch on a bit, but they weren't that into it.  My grandad was paranoid about the game "cheating" him.  Still, it's more than they've played any of my other systems.

A friend of mine who played a bit also requested that I bring it if I go to his New Year's party.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »
My dad and my mom both got a Wii for Christmas.  Talk about weird.  They both played a game a piece on the 64 while neither ever touched a Gamecube controller.  They are definitive nongamers.  I find it hilarious they both asked for a Wii after playing mine, and both got one.  It's stories like this that are keeping them sold out at every store.  Whoever said 250 was too much must not have had an idea of how awesome the system really is.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 10:54:56 AM »
I brought my Wii over to my parents place. My mom was luvin wiisports bowling.   My uncle had a pretty good time with Tennis too.
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 10:55:46 AM »
Nintendo could have charged more at this rate but you know it wouldn't be prudent.

Oh and shame about the Precious Moments figurines remind me to hide mine if you ever come over.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 11:44:51 AM »
Everyone I know want to buy it, and some were kind of expecting me to buy it since I'm the Nintendo freak, but its just too expensive, some are thinking of importing it and I'm thinking of some credit but I would end up paying twice its already high price over the course of the next two years so I'm still pretty doubtful, I mean, is a luxury item, not a necessity, so going to such extremes as to get a credit to get it seems crazy.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro