Author Topic: Third Party Franchises that Nintendo Could Aquire as Wii U Exclusives  (Read 18501 times)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Franchises that Nintendo Could Aquire as Wii U Exclusives
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 03:36:53 PM »
The industry is long overdue for a new Onimusha game. Nintendo should strike a deal with Capcom to make a new Onimusha game for the Wii U as an exclusives. I really liked that series and wish for it to return in some capacity.

Nintendo should act as a middle man between Capcom and Platnium games to make a second round of the good games, but Nintendo exclusives this time around. Platnium could be contracted to develope a sequel to Okami, a third Viewtiful Joe game, and something new such as a new Strider game.

The gaming industry diserves a second round of the Capcom five:

• Dino Crisis 4
  • Killer 7 sequel (in collaboration with Suda 51)
  • Viewtiful Joe 3
  • Onimusha
  • Okami 3

Fixed. Okamiden for the DS was basically "Okami 2".

I am refering to an actual sequel to Okami that uses the touchscreen of the Wii U to draw the paint brush markings and uses the Wii U's hardware to its fullest to deliver a very nice and crisp cel-shaded graphics for the game. Okamiden was like a sequel to the original Okami, but it was kore of a side-quel than anything else.

As a preemptive strike, Tendoboy, let's not discuss the above topic of whether it is a sequel or not in this thread.
Maybe you want an HD remake of Okamiden? :P

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »
I want Nintendo to stay as far away from First Person shooters as possible, or have you all forgotten Red Steel? They went out of their way touting the Wii as the next best thing in the world of FPS games and look where that went, no where.

I do not like FPS, that is why I stick to Nintendo, if someone wants those types of games buy a stupid Xbox or get them on their PC. I think having a few for variety is alright but don't start catering to the "hard core" crowd an alienate the dedicated fans.

I wouldn't mind a Mario Paintball though, that would sound like fun, or even a Mario Lazer Tag. There you go, Mario Paintball and Metroid Lazer Tag. I would like to see more epic adventure games on the scale of Gods of War and similar types of games like that, and a return to the glory days of JRPG's like SNES.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »
I want Nintendo to stay as far away from First Person shooters as possible, or have you all forgotten Red Steel? They went out of their way touting the Wii as the next best thing in the world of FPS games and look where that went, no where.

I sure haven't, and while it may not have been that good of a game... I also haven't forgotten Red Steel 2.
Have you played that one? Motion+ made a difference. It's a shame Nintendo didn't deliver it at the beginning like they implied was possible.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 12:31:18 AM »

I do not like FPS, that is why I stick to Nintendo, if someone wants those types of games buy a stupid Xbox or get them on their PC. I think having a few for variety is alright but don't start catering to the "hard core" crowd an alienate the dedicated fans.

I wouldn't mind a Mario Paintball though, that would sound like fun, or even a Mario Lazer Tag. There you go, Mario Paintball and Metroid Lazer Tag. I would like to see more epic adventure games on the scale of Gods of War and similar types of games like that, and a return to the glory days of JRPG's like SNES.

Red Steel was made by Ubisoft...and it wasn't that good.  However, Red Steel 2 was quite good.  Also, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption was made by Nintendo or at least Retro and it is fantastic.  So yeah...FPS can work well on Wii if they are made right. 

I want Nintendo to have a FPS or 3rd person shooter...but I want it to be distinctly Nintendo, which is why Mario Paintball sounds like such a great idea. 

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »
I wasn't talking about the quality of the game, I was talking about all the hype how it was going to bring all the FPS franchises to the Wii, that never happened. I am pretty sure I had already sold my Wii by the time or before Red Steel 2 came out because I never heard of Motion +. And Ubisoft or not, this thread is talking about franchises Nintendo should fight for or pick up as exclusives, Red Steel fits that perfectly they DID partner with Ubisoft to get it as an exclusive.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »
I wasn't talking about the quality of the game, I was talking about all the hype how it was going to bring all the FPS franchises to the Wii, that never happened. I am pretty sure I had already sold my Wii by the time or before Red Steel 2 came out because I never heard of Motion +. And Ubisoft or not, this thread is talking about franchises Nintendo should fight for or pick up as exclusives, Red Steel fits that perfectly they DID partner with Ubisoft to get it as an exclusive.
Did they actually partner with Ubisoft or did Ubisoft just decide to make it only for the Wii?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
At the time, Wii Motion Plus was new and still the only motion controller on the market. It doesn't explain why it wasn't on the Move, but still.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
All I remember is how, they showed it all off at their E3 and made it out to be a big deal, it was all everyone talked about how it was the Halo Killer and would bring mature FPS gaming to the Wii. It never happened, instead we got the usual suspects, and that one Sega released nobody cared about.

Before I get attacked for spreading "false information" let me make this clear, I am only reminding people not to get their hopes up too high. The system might not be under powered like previous Wii but that does not mean developers will risk taking a chance on Nintendo system knowing their primary fanbase is not all that into those types of games.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:29:40 PM by toddra »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »
How about instead of just a franchise, Nintendo buys a whole company with several popular franchises for less than the cost of making a game!?

THQ only worth about $10M
https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:THQI

Maybe we can do a kickstarter to purchase THQ?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
How about instead of just a franchise, Nintendo buys a whole company with several popular franchises for less than the cost of making a game!?

I got $5.  If the reward for $15 is good enough, I may even upgrade.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »

Didn't I say before that Nintendo should buy THQ and discard the parts that lose money? This might be a good time to do so. They could get several good IPs and a large number of development talent at their disposal.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
No, if there is a developer out there that needs desperately to buy up TH*Q it is SEGA, not Nintendo.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »
No, if there is a developer out there that needs desperately to buy up TH*Q it is SEGA, not Nintendo.

SEGA is in such dire financial straits that someone will eventually buy them out (again) if you want to see their IPs live on.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2012, 11:24:27 PM »
Instead of buying out companies outright (something that Sony is so good at doing), Nintendo should just continue to fund the development of certain 3rd-party games to get them as exclusive titles. They are doing that with The Wonderful 101 and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.

It's a good way to secure relationships with other developers without doing a complete corporate takeover. Sony actually did that with Insomniac; they were independent, but they worked with Sony under contract (creating the Ratchet & Clank series and Resistance series).
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2012, 02:59:21 AM »

It would cost much more than $10 million. If you bought THQ you would also buy their 100+ million debt. It would be much cheaper to wait for them to implode and pick up pieces of IP and studios, like Warner did to Midway.

Plus I believe THQ is only worth around 7.5 million today. Their stock is in free fall after their stockholder meeting and regarding Kytim's idea of discarding the unprofitable parts of THQ that's already been done. They sold their UFC licence to EA and ditched all of their licensed casual games and the U draw. Darksiders 2 was basically their last throw of the dice, the only studios and game in development left are the ones that could potentially make them money. Having to delay their 3 games in development to the 2014 financial year has screwed them. I'd be surprised if they manage to limp into 2013 still alive.

SEGA is in such dire financial straits that someone will eventually buy them out (again) if you want to see their IPs live on.

Sega Sammy is fine financially. The Sammy part can sustain losses incurred by the SEGA wing for years. The restructuring this year is solely to make Sega profitable again, it's not like Sega Sammy is going to go bankrupt anytime soon like THQ. Anyway Sega's financials are up this quarter so the restructuring has seemed to work.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:10:18 AM by Tamazoid »
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »

It would cost much more than $10 million. If you bought THQ you would also buy their 100+ million debt. It would be much cheaper to wait for them to implode and pick up pieces of IP and studios, like Warner did to Midway.

Plus I believe THQ is only worth around 7.5 million today. Their stock is in free fall after their stockholder meeting and regarding Kytim's idea of discarding the unprofitable parts of THQ that's already been done. They sold their UFC licence to EA and ditched all of their licensed casual games and the U draw. Darksiders 2 was basically their last throw of the dice, the only studios and game in development left are the ones that could potentially make them money. Having to delay their 3 games in development to the 2014 financial year has screwed them. I'd be surprised if they manage to limp into 2013 still alive.

They still have the WWE license and Saints Row series. Volition is a major asset to them, and judging by the success of Saints Row The Third, THQ should keep them around as a safety net.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »

They still have the WWE license and Saints Row series. Volition is a major asset to them, and judging by the success of Saints Row The Third, THQ should keep them around as a safety net.

Tendoboy, perhaps you fail to realize that THQ is almost done as a company. Rather than let talented developers like Vigil and Volition go the way of the dinosaur, or be bought by abusive publishers, I would rather they be purchased by Nintendo and put towards helping to speed up the development of HD games.

Granted that Volition and Vigil might not go for being taken over by Nintendo, but when you consider that the employees for each company would be doing business with a powerhouse in the industry thne they might be game for being Nintendo's lap dog.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2012, 10:03:39 PM »
Speaking of THQ, whatever happened to Itagaki and his Devil's Third. Last I heard the studio now owns the Devil's Third IP but it stilll needs a publisher. I'm looking at YOU Nintendo.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2012, 10:30:31 PM »

I guess you don't like using pointer controls for aiming? I thought it was so much smoother and more intuitive than using an analog stick. Playing GoldenEye, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Black Ops was amazing using the Wii Remote's pointer.

You should also try out Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 using the Move controller. Those games control the same as many Wii shooters.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2012, 07:57:02 AM »
It was more than that, I hated everything about the Wiimote. It ruined gaming for me.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »
If it ruined gaming for you, why are you posting on a gaming forum you signed up for less than 2 weeks ago? Shouldn't you have picked up a new hobby? Seems counterproductive...

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2012, 08:29:48 AM »
It was more than that, I hated everything about the Wiimote. It ruined gaming for me.
That's like saying one bad girlfriend ruined girls for you and you turned to guys.

I agree with tendoboy that pointer controls are very good for aiming. With analogue sticks you tend to push in 1 of 8 directions anyway when you want to aim, a bit like an upgraded d-pad. There is a limit to how good a person can get with an analogue stick because the aim speed is determined by the game but the gap in skill level widens when its with a pointer.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:31:27 AM by MrPhishfood »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
I love first person shooters with the Wii Remote. Can we use that option in Black Ops 2?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »
I love first person shooters with the Wii Remote. Can we use that option in Black Ops 2?

Yes, Activision confirmed you can use  Wii Remote and Nunchuk to play the Wii U version.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »
That's like saying one bad girlfriend ruined girls for you and you turned to guys.

I like you as a poster, keep up the good work.

Yes, Activision confirmed you can use  Wii Remote and Nunchuk to play the Wii U version.

This is one of the few reasons I'd even consider picking up this game. I didn't like the first (and last) Call of Duty game I tried (MW2: Reflex) but I feel this time around, with Wii U's supposedly better online component, it may be easier to play multi with friends (and you guys!). If it was dual-stick only, I would DEFINITELY pass it up; IR pointing for shooters all the way, baby!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.