Author Topic: Episode 126: How About I Reggie La Don't?  (Read 2204 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Episode 126: How About I Reggie La Don't?
« on: March 23, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »

We kick it old-school on this week's Connectivity with three classic segments.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/36926/episode-126-how-about-i-reggie-la-dont

Welcome to Episode 126 of Connectivity! Have a seat, here's a menu. May I suggest segment one: The State of the Wii U. It's very analytic. Oh, not your style? OK then, then how about segment two: Listener Mail. It's full of your very own questions. What? You hate other people? Then our third segment is for you: What We've Been Playing. It's a classic.

Seriously though, that listener mail segment was kinda short. Only you have the solution to that problem, dear listener. SEND US MORE by clicking here. Also please rate and review the show on iTunes.

Finally, please take a moment to visit http://fundanything.com/patenttroll to learn about how you can help the podcast patent troll legal defense fund. Please consider contributing a few bucks to keep your favorite podcasts on the air.

Offline Neifirst

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 126: How About I Reggie La Don't?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 10:10:42 AM »
Not sure how old you guys are, but the big idea to have Nintendo characters in EA sports games was done on Gamecube - playable Mario, Luigi, and Peach in NBA Street 3 and an unlockable Super Punch-Out in Fight Night Round 2.  My guess is that if this really worked to boost sales, it would have continued.  The only instance I can think of where lending characters out made an appreciable difference was the Gamecube version of Soulcalibur II.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 03:01:25 PM »
I think there's a spelling error here,

Offline Tyto_Alba

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
i only play on Nintendo consoles and don't miss 3rd party support one bit. infact, i feel kind of sorry for people who bought an xbox1 or ps4, all that money wasted, all those mediocre generic games, the peer pressure of pretending it's fun...

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:40:04 AM »
Ah... count me as a Wii U-only console gamer this generation. Frankly, it's not as bad as you guys made it sound though.

As a dad with two young children, a full-time job, and other hobbies as well. Playing video games is something that I love but can't commit much time to. I also happen to have a pretty massive Wii backlog (all conveniently playable on my Wii U) and a 3DS that receives a hefty portion of my gaming time. Shelling out another $500 for a second console, with additional costs on top of that for games/services, is simply not going to happen.

So while I totally understand how most gamers feel like Wii U isn't good for anything but a secondary console, for me it's all the gaming I have time to handle. Maybe 5-8 years ago that wouldn't be the case... but things change. (Plus it's by far the best console to play with my children in the room.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Azagthoth

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 11:27:23 AM »
Great show as always. I really like the Scott, Alex, and Zach setup. You all seem to mesh well.

To whoever edited this week; can I get the info on the song between the first and second segment? I loved it but sound search is failing to find it. It's around 44 minutes in.

Thanks-
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

- George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »
'Reggie La Don't'

Nice reference.
Gouge away.